Sunday, July 1, 2018

Palmer 5: Round 17



Last round, the Palmer's youngest child, Carrie, grew to a toddler and joined her brothers in the neighborhood play group. To Daisy's dismay, the twins were less than willing to play with their little sister, and tried to help her make friends. By the end of the week, Mark and Harrison had grown from toddlers to children, leaving Carrie in play group alone.


Hi, Daisy...

Daisy: Oh, good. You're here. Listen, can we talk about this whole weather thing?

Yeah, later. First, I have a promise to make good on...


Carrie: A puppy!

Yup, his name is Gary...


Daisy: Carrie, honey, come in out of the rain...wait, what are you holding?


Daisy: You got her a dog?

Um...yeah...is that a problem?

Daisy: Well, I would have liked a warning...


Mark: No fair! How come she gets a puppy?

Don't worry, you and Harrison get something too..

Mark: Really? What?


You two get to join Scouts!


Mark: Great...she gets a puppy and we have to go do more work...


Aww, cheer up. At least it's prank day...


And we're going out in public. This is sure to end well...


Daisy: Hey, Mom...how are you holding up?

Azalea: Oh, alright I guess...


Harrison: Hey, what's that spot...

Mark: What spot...hey!

Harrison: Don't get mad at me...it's prank day...

(Sigh) Isn't there anything else you guys can do while your mom and grandma shop?

Mark: Race you to the monkey bars!


Daisy: Come on, boys...time to go...

Mark: Aww...why?

Because the basketball player behind you is about to freeze to death, that's why.


Azalea: Are you sure you'll be ok hosting on Thursday? I don't mind...

What's Thursday?

Azalea: According to that calendar you sent around...

I didn't send...

Azalea: ...it's something called Harvest Fest. I've never heard of it before but apparently we're supposed to cook a lot?

Daisy: It's just a dinner, Mom...it will be fine.


Carrie: I missed you, Gary...

Aww...


Mark: What's wrong with you?

It looks like he has to...you know...go...

Mark: Well I'm not stopping him...

No, the front stairs are.

Mark: Ugh...all right, come on....


Mark: Hey...what's that stuff?

That would be mud. It's what happens when the rain mixes with the dirt.

Mark: Cool...Hey, Harrison! Come outside!


Mark: Ha! Gotcha!

Harrison: Hey!


Carrie: Mama...

Daisy: In a minute, honey...

Carrie: Mama, it's time to go!

Daisy: No play group today, honey. It's too wet outside...go see if your brothers will play with you.


Looks like they're occupied at the moment...man, Gemini's just visiting all the boys this round.


Oh, hey there Lucas...nice job.

Lucas: Thanks...


Uh-oh...I know those sparkles...


Happy birthday, Gary...


At least nobody's going to have to take you to the bathroom anymore.


Lucas: I better do this while I still can...

Huh?


Oh, I see. It's Carrie's birthday too?

Lucas: Yup. I just hope the park isn't too cold.


Looks like everybody's fine...


Happy birthday, dear Carrie...





Huh...I think a trip to the mirror is in order.


There we go...much better. 


Carrie: Are you excited for Harvest Fest?

Unicorn: I guess...it's just a day about eating. We eat every day...


Yes, but on this day you don't have to go to school...


And you get to put lights and flags on your house...so they can get wrecked in the rain.


Daisy: You know, it doesn't just have to be my family coming over...you can invite your mom and brother if you want.

Lucas: No, no...there'll be enough people over here as it is...

Daisy: You don't honestly believe that Bjorn will show up too, do you?

Lucas: I don't think so, but it's probably best to play it safe. I already feel like we don't know what we're doing here...

Daisy: We're cooking a turkey, Lucas. That's all we're doing....what could go wrong?


Mark: I got a badge!


Great job...



Oh, and Harrison got one too I guess. 



And it's Harvest Fest! And look, we've already checked something off the list...



What are you doing?

Harrison: Making stuff. Mom said she wants us out of the kitchen until it's dinner time.


How's the turkey coming?

Daisy: Ok, I guess...but this seems like a lot of food!


Don't worry, that's why tomorrow's a holiday too!

Daisy: Day of Digestion? That doesn't sound...pleasant.

Trust me, compared to what happens where I'm from it should be a walk in the park.


Harrison: Mom, I'm hungry...how much longer until dinner?


Looks like dinner's almost served...


Mark: Ok, Grandma's here...that means we can eat, right?

Hold on, you've got to let your aunt and uncle get here first...

Harrison: What's that smell?

Mark: I think Mom's burning something...


Well, he was almost right...


What's a HarvestFest dinner without a laundry fire? Seriously, Lucas?


Azalea: Well that was exciting...I don't think we'll be able to top that next year...

Speaking of next year...

Daisy: Oh, right...


Looks like HarvestFest is also Lucas's birthday! Happy birthday, dear Lucas...


I can't believe all these guys are adults already...



All right, now time for Day of Digestion. Let's all just relax with some TV and...wait, what's with the gnomes?


Um, guys? What's the deal with all the gnomes?

Carrie: I don't know...they all just kind of showed up last night. I wonder if they want something...

Harrison: Gnomes don't want anything...they're not even real.

Carrie: Well, I'm going to try anyway...


Carrie: It worked! See? It's happy!

Harrison: Wait, let me try that...


Harrison: Here, you stupid gnome...


Harrison: Cool! Mine has fire!

I don't think the fire's a good thing...


Mark: So does mine! Awesome!

Um, guys? Maybe you should try to make the gnomes...not on fire?


I guess pleading with supernatural garden gnomes really wears a kid out...


All right, see, this is better. Everybody relaxing, having a good time...


...and fighting?


Hey! What are you two doing?


Mark: It's ok, it's brawl day! That's what we're supposed to do!

I should probably get out of here before we have any more holidays I didn't know about...


You're planting seeds now?

Daisy: Yeah, they just showed up in our bedroom...right where those gnomes were. Weird, right?

Very. Um, listen, you just keep an eye on those for me and I'll see you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Man, this was an eventful lot. When I dropped the hint about surprising Carrie with a dog last round, I obviously knew Cats and Dogs were coming...I had no idea that there would be a second expansion by the time I got back to these guys! (This should also tell you how long it takes me to get through all the houses.) Hence, Gary didn't show up as much as I had initially planned. HarvestFest was actually really stressful...it was harder than it seemed to keep all the kids out of the fridge and away from the "grand meals" before the dinner party actually started. And then of course Lucas had to go and dry the laundry without emptying the lint tray... On to winter now!

No comments:

Post a Comment