Thursday, September 20, 2018

Flenderson 2: Round 18




Last round, the Flendersons decided to try and improve their daughter Wind's social skills by adopting a dog named Sandy. Sandy bonded with Wind quickly, to the point where he became upset when Wind left for school. Meanwhile, their son Snow struggled with some of his schoolwork.



Hey, guys!

Lightning: Morning, mysterious voice.

Providing medical advice, I see?

Lightning: Oh, Sunshine's just working on her first scout badge...



I see. And can I assume that all 3 of them...

Lightning: Yup.

This scouting program must have amazing marketing...



Wind: Sandy? Your feet are red...

I think Sandy might be sick...

Wind: I should take her to the vet...

Shouldn't you wait for your mom...

Wind: No, I know where it is. Come on, Sandy...



Huh, I guess unaccompanied children is perfectly normal at this vet clinic...

Wind: What are you doing now?

Vet: I'm checking Sandy's temperature...

Wind: Is it hard to be a vet?

...and I think Wind may have just discovered a future career...



Seriously? Popcorn for dinner?

Hugo: What?

You're a chef! And is that the same popcorn that's been there since you got that thing?

Hugo: It's fine...they're going to eat enough at the party anyway.



Although I guess popcorn is better than cake...who's birthday, by the way?

Lightning: Snow's...



Maybe we should start checking the weather before scheduling parties at the park?

Lightning: The stupid TV only tells us what the weather is going to be like at our house....where it's sunny right now. We're just going to have to make the best of it.



Well, the kids seem ok with it.



Ok, cousin group shot before the cake...



And Snow even got a zombie cake!

Snow: I know! Isn't it cool?

Ok, let's do this...happy birthday, dear Snow...



Ok, nothing surprising...




Except for that hat...



Ok, let's get you a different outfit...

Snow: Aww, come on...can't I open my presents first?

Ugh...fine. But then it's straight to the mirror...



Wind: Mom? How do you become a vet?

Lightning: Well...you know, I'm not really sure...vets just kind of showed up. I assume there's some sort of animal school you have to go to...maybe?

I'll look into it, Wind...



...What did she draw?

Lightning: Apparently drawings of animal anatomy...I guess the teachers didn't appreciate her artistic rendering of Sandy's digestive system.



Lightning: Sandy, I don't have food...

I take it Sandy's still having a hard time being away from Wind?

Lightning: Yes...you know, I hope she does become a vet so she can take this dog to work with her...I'm getting too old for this.



You're not kidding...



No big party this time?

Lightning: No, we've got enough parties on the calendar this week.

Alright, then. Happy birthday, dear Lightning...





And it looks like you aged up just in time for Splash Fest...



Sunshine: You're not wearing that for Splash Fest, are you?

Wind: What?

Sunshine: You do know that we're growing up at Splash Fest, right?

Yes, and that means that both of you are leaving in different outfits that you came in, which means it doesn't really matter what you're wearing when you get there.

Sunshine: (sigh) I guess...



Lightning: Aww, are you sad you can't come to the party?

Wait, he can't?

Lightning: Are you crazy? We've got like, 40 people coming to this thing. We don't need to worry about animals too.



No big deal, it looks like Sandy's having his own Splash Fest...




Yes, let's get away from the wet dog...



Pretty cool that the park put out a waterslide...



Hugo, aren't you supposed to be cooking?

Hugo: I'll get back to it in a second...it's just so hot...



Sunshine: Look at all these presents...

Well, you appear to have invited the whole town...

Sunshine: Can I open them?

Hold on, we've got to do the cakes first...



Happy birthday, dear Wind...



No surprises there...



Hmm...I think a new hairstyle is in order, but otherwise ok...



Happy birthday, dear Sunshine...



Also no surprises here...



And another new hairstyle is in order...



But I guess we can do presents first...



Sunshine: Hey...

Flick: Hey. Happy birthday...

Sunshine: Thanks.

Flick: Finally there'll be some more high school kids in scouts...

Sunshine: Yeah...right...



Well, while those two get more acquainted it looks like Snow's got his own surprise...










Flick: That was awesome! I wish our birthday had been on Splash Fest!

Sunshine: Yeah...it was pretty cool I guess.

Flick: So I guess I'll see you at scouts tomorrow?

Sunshine: Yeah, see you then...



Wind: Sorry, Sandy...I can't take you with me to Scouts either. Don't worry, once I figure out how to be a vet I can take you with me every day.

Well, you get working on that, Wind. But I've got to be moving on to the next house. See you guys next round!






A Message From the Mysterious Voice: 3 more teenagers! I can't believe that these guys are almost all grown up. Sandy really does follow Lightning around whining when Wind is away at school. Wind is most definitely going to be a vet, I just have to make sure these guys have enough money to buy a clinic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment