Sunday, September 9, 2018

Flenderson 1: Round 18



So, I forgot to take an opening picture...but we've moved on to the Flenderson house!

Last round, Erica committed her first real act of rebellion when she brought home a dog named Arcanine without her mother knowing. Misty was less than thrilled, especially as she prepared to throw a dinner party for...pretty much everyone she know. Aldo, though fell in love with Arcanine immediately, even setting up an agility course in the backyard for her. Meanwhile, Erica graduated from high school, while her younger sister Lorelei adjusted to teenage life.


Lorelei: But Mom...

Misty: No buts! You're going and that's final...

Am I interrupting something?


Lorelei: Mysterious voice, tell her I'm too old to join Scouts...

Well...


I mean, technically your birthday isn't until Friday, so...

Misty: Ha! See? You still have plenty of time. 

Lorelei: Dad...


Sorry, Lorelei. Looks like your dad is a bit distracted right now.

Aldo: Arcanine...what's wrong, girl?

Looks like we're headed back to the vet...


Is it just me, or have we had a lot of sick pets recently?

Aldo: Huh...maybe Misty was right about this whole weather thing.

I guess Misty hasn't reacted well to this new development?

Aldo: Oh, don't get me started...



Vet: Ok, well, we could do a course of antibiotics, but truthfully, a basic...

Aldo: Let's do it...I don't care how much it costs!

Vet: Oh...um...ok, then...


Kane: Great meeting, huh?

Lorelei: Um...yeah...you know, you didn't have to walk me home.

Kane: No, it's really ok. It's great to finally have some other high school kids in the troop.

Lorelei: Yeah...right...

Kane: So I'll see you next week?

Lorelei: (whispers) Unfortunately...

Kane: Huh?

Lorelei: Yeah, next week. See you then...





Well, I would ask for an explanation but it looks like we've got a holiday to attend to first.




Lorelei: Ha! Got one!

Found an egg?

Lorelei: Um...yeah. I mean, it's just this stupid thing that my mom set up...

Hey, grown ups can hunt for eggs too you know...



Lorelei: There...Mom, I'm done in the garden!

Misty: Great-our special guest should be here soon!

Lorelei: I thought dinner wasn't until 5?

Misty: No, silly...I meant our other special guest...


Lorelei: Oh, come on...ok, Uncle Brock...I know it's you...

Flower Bunny: ...

I don't think that's your uncle.



Misty: Oh, isn't this fun? Lorelei, say hello to the Flower Bunny...

Lorelei: Yeah...sure. Fun...

I can't tell if this is more or less creepy with no children on the lot...



You know, with as concerned as you are about the weather, I'm surprised how quickly you caught on to holidays...

Misty: Ok, everybody! Time for dinner!

Although I guess any excuse for a party is a good one in your book.


...I really need to remember to fix Brock and Isla's party outfits...hey, where's Erica?

Lorelei:  We ran out of room. Her and Thistle are outside...


Erica: This is so typical...

At least Arcanine's hanging out with you...







 Lorelei: Kane, hi. Listen, I'm actually going to have to skip the meeting today...my dad's birthday, you know.

Kane: Oh...hey, do you think your mom would mind if I stuck around?

Lorelei: Oh, um...I don't know...my mom's kind of weird about me having guys over to the house...


Misty: Oh, hey there kids...working on your Keep Fit badge?

Lorelei: Uh...

Kane: Actually, we finished Keep Fit last week. We're working on arts and crafts now!

Misty: Oh! You know, I think I have an old easel around here somewhere...


Sorry, Misty...it's cake time. Happy birthday, dear Aldo...





You ok?

Aldo: Yeah...

Hopefully Arcanine can make do with shorter walks...


Lorelei: Here...

Misty: What's this?

Lorelei: You wanted me to finish this stupid scouting thing, and I finished it. Here, look...



Ah, so you did. And the first one in town to do it.



And just in time, too...



Kane: Congratulations, Lorelei...

Lorelei: Yeah, I'm so glad to be done with school...

Kane: Oh, I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about making it to Llamacorn Scout!

Lorelei: Oh...

Misty: Isn't it wonderful? We're so proud of her...

Um, pardon the interruption, but I think it's about time to open presents?



And time for a wardrobe change as well, apparently...



Happy Birthday, dear Lorelei....



Well, with all those reward traits I guess the scouting paid off somewhere...



Wait, who's this?

Lorelei: This is Lucas...he was in school with us up until a little bit ago.

Really? How come I've never seen him before?

Lorelei: Have you ever been to the school?

...Point taken.



Well this is...not the way I thought this would go.



So, are you going to tell me anything more about this Lucas guy?

Lorelei: I don't see why I have to...I don't remember reading anywhere that I had to have the town narrator's permission to date someone.

Well, not permission, exactly, but...

Lorelei: Good, so we agree...



So what do you think about all this?

Aldo: You're the prettiest doggy...yes you are...who's a good girl? Who's a good girl?

(sigh)




Lorelei: Hey, you...

Lucas: Hey...long time no see. Sorry I had to duck out of the party early.

Lorelei: That's ok. You just missed my mom trying to score votes from half the people there.




Lucas: Yeah, she's...something else. Oh...I mean...

Lorelei: It's ok. You're not wrong. And it's only gotten worse since Erica moved out.

Lucas: You ever think it might be better if someone...moved in?

Lorelei: Well...



I'll take that as a yes...







And I'll take that as a yes, too.

Lucas: Um...what's the deal with the weird voice?



Don't worry, Lucas...



It looks like you and I will have plenty of time to get to know each other.



Misty: Lucas, it's getting pretty late...shouldn't you be getting home?

Lucas: Oh, um...did Lorelei not tell you...

You know what, I think Misty's right. It is getting pretty late. I think I should be on my way to the next house. I'll catch up with you guys next round!




A Message from the Mysterious Voice: So, yeah, sorry about the opening picture. I forgot to take one before I started playing the house. Usually when that happens I can just copy the ending picture from the previous round, but I forgot that Erica moved out between the two. Anyway, about the whole Kane/Lucas thing...I was initially going to have Lorelei end up with Kane, but the two just weren't hitting it off. (Unfortunately, I wasn't able to have her interact romantically with Lucas until her birthday, since was already a young adult.) But at least this means we might get some more redheads around town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment