Sunday, September 30, 2018

Palmer 2: Round 18




Last round, the Palmer family finally adopted a (real) pet, a dog they named Chompy II. Sadly, he ended up becoming something of a therapy dog when Silas passed away from old age, just before Thistle grew to young adult. However, the family decided to go ahead with Thistle's long overdue marriage to Erica Flenderson anyway, leaving just the twins Rose and Lily left at home.



Hey, guys!

Rose: Hi, mysterious voice...

What's up with Chompy II?

Rose: I'm not sure...I think he might have rolled in something?

Well, that explains the dirt...but not the blue fur. What is with the sick pets this round?



While Rose deals with the dog, let's check out the calendar...looks like we've got just one birthday this week.

Azalea: Well, obviously...it's not like I get any more...

So I see you're adjusting well to elderhood...anyway, it also looks like we've got Campfire Night this week.

Azalea: Yup, we've got the yard all set for the weenie roast...


Wait, you're hosting a weenie roast?

Azalea: Sure we are. It's Campfire Night! It'd be wrong not to.

The last time I was here you guys didn't even know holidays were a thing...


At least Chompy II seems to be feeling better...



Lily: Hey, Daisy...just wanted to let you know that we're going to start at 3. Yeah, Mom's super excited. I haven't seen her this happy since Dad died. She even put away her climbing wall for the day to make room. I know, right?




Azalea must be really excited for this holiday...


Azalea: So, we've got the burgers and hot dogs...Rose, did you finish setting up the chairs?

Rose: For the 4th time today, yes.

Lily: You didn't put the fire pit too close to Chompy, did you?

Rose: I put it as far away as I could...


Are you guys sure about this? I mean, weenie roasts never seem to go well...

Azalea: Oh, relax, will you? It will be fine!


Hey, guys, not that this doesn't look great, but somebody might want to feed Chompy before everybody gets here...


Thistle: Chompy! It's good to see you, buddy! Remember me?

Seriously? Guys, it's a plant...


Wow, if I didn't know any better I would have guessed you two were the twins...


Ok, I have to admit...this is going pretty well...


(Sigh) Why did I say it?


At least none of the family seem to mind...

Thistle: These things are awesome!


...And Chompy II gets to roll around in the ashes from the burned up chair, so everybody's happy...


Wait, isn't the party over? What are you cooking now?

Azalea: Birthday cakes!


I see. So I guess we should all head down to the park and...


Yeah, I'm definitely reconsidering outdoor birthday parties since weather became a thing.


Azalea: Huh...what's this thing?

Was that there before?

Azalea: How should I know? I don't live in this park...


Wait, Rose, what did you just do?


...You know, I'm just going to let this one go. The rain's gone, that's all that matters.


And now that the cakes won't get wet...Happy Birthday, dear Lily...


Huh....ok, I guess jealous and romantic kind of go together...


Happy birthday dear Rose...


And bookwork and genius go together as well.


And now it's present time!


???: That one's from me...


Wow, that's some birthday present...


Feeling inspired after last night?

Lily: Well, I have to learn some way to make money. Houses aren't free, you know.

Wait...aren't you staying here?

Lily: Why would I?

Well...I just figured...I mean, you and Rose are technically both the youngest, so...

Lily: Exactly. Rose can stay. Clam and I are going out on our own.

I guess that kind of makes sense. I mean, you both came from crazy, crowded houses...I don't blame you for wanting some peace and quiet.


And I see that Rose is going the more traditional route...


If by traditional you mean a job that requires that you play video games.

Rose: Hey, I have to know the stuff we're making, don't I?

I guess...


Rose: I don't understand why you won't just stay here. Do you know how hard it is to get a new house up and running? Why go through that if you don't have to?

Lily: (sigh) It's hard to explain...


Maybe you two can talk about it over dinner?


Lily: See you later, buddy...

Going to miss the little guy, aren't you?

Lily: Yeah...I wish I could take him with me but there's no way Mom will let him go.

Where are you off to, anyway?

Lily: I'm meeting Clam at the Bluffs...

Oh, um...

Lily: What?

Um...remember what happened at your birthday?

Lily: Don't worry, I'm sure that...


You were saying?

Lily: (Sigh) You know what? I don't care. We're doing this anyway.


Well, I guess this is still kind of romantic...








Besides, it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference.


At it looks like their love has stopped the rain...I guess you'll have some big news at your dinner with Rose, huh?

Lily: Oh, no...I completely forgot. I told her I'd meet her an hour ago...


Rose: Well it's about time!

Lily: I know, I know...but...


Rose: You know, I just thought that maybe we could have one night out before you moved, but of course...

Lily: I'm sorry, Rose...but I had to wait for the rain to stop before I proposed.

Rose: I mean, just once...wait...you can Clam got engaged?

Lily: Uh-huh...

Rose: Wow...and I don't even have a boyfriend yet...

Lily: Rose...it's not a race. You'll find someone...

Rose: Yeah, right...so, when's the wedding?

Lily: Well, I was thinking tomorrow? Is that crazy?

Not around here it isn't.


Azalea: Lily...there's something I want you to have. I was cleaning out the closet earlier and I stumbled on this...I think it might help once you get to your new house.

Lily: What's this?

Azalea: Your grandfather made it...why don't you go out into the yard and try it out?


Oh, no, is that thing back?

Lily: What exactly is this supposed to do?


Lily: So...it turns crystals into bears?

As long as it doesn't turn them into fires...


Lily: I'm going to miss you, Chompy...


Ok, enough saying goodbye to the Sim-eating plants. It's wedding time!


And I'm glad everybody got the memo about the dress code. Ok, everybody outside...


Aww, Thistle's giving her away...and Carrie's flower girl...







Asteroid: Hey! I heard you just joined the tech career!

Rose: Um...yeah. It's great...

Asteroid: Do you think you could put in a good word for me? I mean, when I graduate?

Rose: Um...

Asteroid, maybe a wedding isn't the best place to pad your resume?


And I see Azalea's on kid wrangling duty?

Azalea: Oh, I don't mind. I don't know how many more chances I'm going to have to see all of them together.

Mark: Grandma, what are you talking about?


Azalea: Never mind, honey. Just give Grandma a hug...

Aww...I think you've got things covered here. I'm going to go check on the rest of the party...


Han: Congrats, little cousin...

Clam: Thanks...

Han: So weird that all of us are married off now...time for the next generation of Hannon's to take over the world!

Clam: Hah...yeah, I guess...


Ok, when the adults start planning world domination and the kids are playing in spilled chocolate,  I think it might be time to start wrapping this up...



Don't worry, I'll take care of the moving arrangements. I'll see you guys next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: So, I may have made a planning error with these guys. I originally planned for Rose to get together with Asteroid Kauker (hence why there is an awkward picture of the two of them at the wedding). However, I have since realized that while I thought Asteroid was also going to grow into a young adult this round, it turns out he doesn't age up until Round 19, meaning Rose would have aged through half of her young adult stage before he even aged up. So, I have to go back to the drawing board for the two of them. The weenie roast actually went pretty well-there was only one random chair fire, which seems to be as good as you can get with the campfires in this game. And yup, Chompy stuck around for another week. At this point I think he's just going to be a permanent part of the lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment