Sunday, September 30, 2018

Lytle 1: Round 18


Last round was yet another sad one for the Lytles. After losing her dad the previous round, Emerald's mother Charley passed away from old age as well. Luckily, her boyfriend Hosnian had defied convention and moved in while still in his teens, which meant she at least wasn't left alone. After two very somber birthdays, Hosnian and Emerald were married and by the end of the week Emerald had given birth to her first child, Jade.


Hey, guys!

Emerald: Hey, mysterious voice!

Hosnian: Now, you're sure you'll be ok here on your own?

Wait, where are you going?


Hosnian: My first day of work is tomorrow. I just want to make sure Emerald will be ok with the baby...


What about you, Emerald?

Emerald: Well, my writing is bringing in a decent amount...I think I'm just going to keep that up for a little while. Besides, it gives me more time to spend with Jade.

Something tells me Hosnian doesn't need to be worried.


Hosnian: This is great! I never knew you were such a good cook!

Emerald: Well, it's your first day of work...I wanted to make something special.

Hosnian: Well, it's amazing...

Emerald: You know, you've got about an hour before you have to leave...


That's one way to wish him luck, I guess.


And it looks like Emerald is continuing her family's tradition...


Hosnian: Wait...what?

Emerald: I'm going to have a baby...

Hosnian: But we've already got a baby...

Why is this such a confusing concept for you guys?


Emerald: Hey, you're back! How was the jungle!

Corellia: Exhausting. You should be glad you didn't go...

Yeah, because having a baby it's exhausting at all...


Or having a toddler, for that matter.


Happy birthday, dear Jade...


Aww, we haven't had a charmer in awhile...


Although I think a trip to the mirror is in order...


And her first big girl meal is French toast?

Emerald: Why not? She loves it!


Jade: Mama? Is that the baby?

Emerald: Yup. That's your new brother or sister...

Jade: When's the baby gonna come?

Emerald: Pretty soon...but first, we've got to get you ready for your first day of play group! Are you ready to meet new friends?

Jade: New friends!


Or...your older cousins. That works too.


This is one way to meet your cousins, I guess...


Or your new friends...ok, well, now that Jade has hugged everybody at the park I guess it's time to head home...


Congratulations, Hosnian!


And you still have energy left over for an airplane ride?

Hosnian: It's not exactly like I have a physically demanding job...


Hunter: Hey, sis...how's it going?

Emerald: Ok, I guess...I'm feeling kind of tired today. I don't know why...

Hunter: Why don't you sit down and rest? I'll keep an eye on Jade...


Wait, why isn't Tylenol in the uniform?

Hunter: We kind of missed the memo on that...

But he's your second child...couldn't he have just worn Zyrtec's?


And I guess now we know why Emerald was feeling tired...


It's baby time!


Wait, Hunter's coming?

Emerald: Hosnian's still at work...


Aww, and the baby gets to be delivered by Uncle Forest...it's like a family reunion!


Jade: Uncle Forest!

Forest: Hi, Jade...I've got to go get your baby brother or sister out! Can you be a good girl in the waiting room for me?


Something tells me she'll be just fine in the waiting room...


Isn't it odd to deliver your little sister's baby?

Forest: ...Can you not bring that up right now?


It's a girl! Welcome, Fern!


Emerald: Come on, baby...let's get you home...


Too bad Fern's still too little for Candy Fest fun...


But her big sister isn't...

Jade: Rawr! I'm a monster!


Emerald: All this stuff is so cute! I just want to use everything!

Trust me, Emerald...no you don't...


Hosnian: Oh, no...there's a monster in my living room!

Jade: No, Daddy...it's me!



And Emerald's dressed as...a waiter?

Emerald: The tag said "villain"...

Carrie: As long as you've got candy I don't care what you're dressed as...


And of course we have  Life Day...something tells me this one will be rough.

Hosnian: Don't worry, we've got it covered.


I see...I guess this is another family reunion?

Pine: Well, part of Life Day is telling stories...we decided to focus on that part.


Emerald: Remember when Moss and Forest tried to make a birthday cake? The entire kitchen went up in flames!

Moss: How do you even remember that?

Emerald: How could I not remember that?


Luckily there's no cake required for Fern...


Happy birthday, dear Fern...

  

And she looks just like her mom...


I like that Jade is a mini-Hosnian and Fern is a Mini-Emerald...


And now there's two huggers in play group!


Ok, it looks like it's just about time for me to move along, but before I go I think we should take advantage of the Lytle cousins hanging out on this lot...nice looking group! I'll see everybody next round!




A Message from the Mysterious Voice: Hey, look! It's a Lytle house post with no deaths! Seriously, it's about time things started to turn around for these guys. (It's also the reason I kind of ignored the "remembrance" tradition on Life Day; I think we've seen enough pictures of Emerald crying over gravestones.) Jade is seriously adorable with her Charmer trait-she really does hug everyone she sees. And her cousins being at play group was a nice coincidence-I have a club set up for them just like I do for the siblings, and by chance they picked the playdate park to hang out. It made for some easy family introductions!

No comments:

Post a Comment