Monday, August 6, 2018

Bernard 7: Round 17



At long last, we've reached the final house in round 17! This one belongs to Bahama Bernard and her new husband, Sage Doe.


Bahama: Ahh!

Hi...um...did the salad attack you?

Bahama: Oh, hi mysterious voice. No, I was just practicing my reactions...

Reactions for what?

Bahama: For when we start work tomorrow!

Wait...for when we start work?


Huh...

Sage: What?

Wouldn't have expected that from you...

Sage: Yeah, it was Bahama's idea...


This makes...slightly more sense. But I thought you were into painting...

Bahama: Oh, that was just a hobby...


Sage: Do you really think the entertainer career is right for me?

Bahama: Oh, sure...it'll be great. You'll see...

Sage: I've never done any performing before, though...

Bahama: Aw don't be nervous...hey, I've got an idea to relax you...


Ok, ok, let me get out of the room first...


Anyone surprised here? Anyone?


Well, that's good timing...


Sage: You know, I was thinking...maybe I should find another thing to go into. I mean, entertainment is clearly your thing...

Bahama: What? Don't be silly...you're doing fine!

Sage: Yeah, but you're doing so much better...


Well, you're not that far behind...


Oh. Never mind...


Maybe a holiday will take your mind off it...


And it looks like we'll have one more to celebrate! It's baby time!


Off to the hospital we go!


Bahama: Are you sure we're ready for this?

I think it's a little late to ask that now...


Huh, I guess Forest is just the town maternity doctor now...


It's a boy! Welcome, Drum!


Bahama: Hey there, buddy...oh, we need to get you a costume!

I don't think that's really necessary, Bahama...

Bahama: But when what will he be for Candy Fest?

A baby?


Sage: Listen, buddy...don't bother Mommy today, ok?

Bahama's really into this Candy Fest stuff, huh?

Sage: That's an understatement...


Bahama: All right, everybody...let's start carving!

Bahama, it's 6AM...


Um, Bahama? How many of those have you carved so far?

Bahama: ...Um...I think this one is number 8?


Looks like our first trick or treater is...

Bahama: Oh! I've got it!


Bahama: Oh, aren't you a cute...um...whatever you are. 

Nice costume choice, Madison...

Madison: Aww, how'd you know?

Next time try to cover up the blue skin...


Sage: Oh, um...aren't you a little old for this?

Alondra: I'm still in school...

Huh, I wasn't expecting teenagers to show up for this...


You know, I still don't get the purpose of this Life Day thing...

Sage: Yeah...me either. But we're going to Bahama's parents' house, since we don't have any graves here.

Well, there are the fake ones in the yard...

Sage: I don't think those count.


Bahama: Happy Life Day!

Haiti: I guess...

Bahama: What do you mean, I guess?

Haiti: Doesn't it seem weird to you that we're standing outside in the cold talking about dead people we never knew?

Bahama: Huh...you know, when you put it that way...


Bahama: Did you have fun on your first Candy Fest?

Is he even aware that it was his first Candy Fest?

Bahama: Of course he does! Look at him, he had a great time!

Um...if you say so. But unfortunately, it's just about time for me to be on my way. I'll check in with you guys next round...


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And with that, Round 17 finally comes to an end. (And what a round it was...not only did we have Cats and Dogs, but Seasons too!) I know there wasn't a whole lot that went on in this house, but these guys are just getting started. (I was hoping that Drum would be a toddler in time for the holidays, but I guess he was born just a day too late.) Stand by for the scorecard!

No comments:

Post a Comment