Sunday, August 19, 2018

Hannon 1: Round 18



Welcome to Round 18 of Tranquility Creek! As always, we begin with the Hannons. Last round, Tetra and Mikel's oldest son, Shark, graduated high school. Meanwhile, Mikel found continued success with his bakery...as long as Betta and Clam were there to handle working with the customers. 


Hey, guys!

Tetra: Oh, hi mysterious voice.

You guys seem happy...

Tetra: Someone has a date this afternoon...

Betta: Mom...


Um...is the toddler park really the best settinig for a date?


Especially in this weather?

Betta: Ugh...I think you're right. Maybe Jimmy will want to do something else instead...


Betta: See? Isn't this better?

Jimmy: I guess...I've never actually been bowling before...

Betta: Don't worry...it's easy. I'll show you. 


Betta: See?

Jimmy: Wow, you're really good at this...


Eh, it's not the strangest seduction method I've seen in this town...


Unfortonately it looks like we've got to cut things short...your mom's birthday is tonight.

Betta: Oh, you're right...hey, could you do me a favor and stop by the bakery and remind my dad?

Sure...


Wow, it's pretty packed in here...

Mikel: Yeah, you're telling me...

Hey, I think you'd better start closing things up. It's your wife's...

Mikel: Close things up? If you say so...


Customer: Hey, I thought you were open until 5...

Mikel: Well, yes, we usually are, but...well, you heard the mysterious voice...


No big party?

Tetra: Did you see how many birthdays we've got on the calendar this week? Trust me, there'll be no shortage of party...

Ok, then. Happy Birthday, dear Tetra...


Wow...I can't believe you're already an elder...


Maybe it's time for a new swimsuit?

Tetra: Yeah, you're probably right...this one never matched...

That's...not what I meant...


Oh, I see what you meant about the party thing...who's birthday is it this time?

Tetra: The twins, if you can believe it...

No, but then again I couldn't really believe you're an elder either. So where are we going?

Tetra: The roller rink...


Lily: Clam! Happy birthday!

Clam: Thanks...

Lily: Can you believe we're almost out of high school?

Well, you've still got a little bit to go...

Lily: Shh...


Hey, Jimmy...you look slightly different.

Jimmy: Yeah...graduating will do that to you.

Wait...you graduated already?

Jimmy: Yup...just a few days ago. That last date we went on was kind of a celebration...

Oh...well, sorry I missed it.


Well, then we'd better get this show on the road. Happy birthday, Betta and Clam...


All right, nothing out of the ordinary here...


...Or here. We don't have many knowledge aspirations around...that should be a nice change.


Betta: So...now that I've graduated and you've graduated...

Jimmy: What?


Betta: Will you marry...

Jimmy: Whoa, whoa whoa...don't you think that's a little fast?

Betta: ...What?


Jimmy: Look, I'm not saying I don't want to keep dating you. I just think we should wait a little bit before we jump into the whole marriage thing.

Betta: But...that doesn't make sense...

Actually, anywhere else but here he'd be the only sensible one in the room...


Tetra: I'm sorry about Jimmy, dear...but there are other fish in the sea.

Um, Tetra? They didn't break up...

Tetra: But...isn't that what saying no to a proposal means?

Man, you guys really need to start paying more attention to all those romance movies you watch...


See? Look who's back.

Jimmy: Listen, I'm sorry about the other night...

Betta: No...you were right. It was kind of quick to propose right after we blew out the candles...


Jimmy: It's not that I don't want to marry you...I just wanted to give it a few days first.

Betta: Well...it's been a few days now...


Look, you two better figure things out quick, because we've got holiday preparation to do...


Betta: Jimmy...will you marry me?


Jimmy: Hey, this thing looks pretty good on me...

I think that's a yes!


Oh, you're moving in?

Jimmy: Yeah, I figured it would make the wedding planning a bit easier.


Not to mention you get to come to the next birthday party...which, by process of elimination...must be Mikel?

Betta: Yup. We're going to a restaurant...


Shark: Happy birthday, Dad...

Mikel: Thanks, son...


Waiter: Sir, I don't mean to intrude, but you only asked for a table for 4 people...and there appear to be about 25 people in your party.

Mikel: Well, yes...but only 4 people are technically sitting down...


Mackerel: So...last two standing, huh?

Tetra: Mackerel....

Mackerel: What? We are....

Tetra: You guys still coming for Harvestfest?

Mackerel: Wouldn't miss it. Especially since it means I don't have to cook...


All right, let's get this done before the restaurant kicks us out. Happy birthday, dear Mikel...





You alright?

Mikel: Just a little cramp...it's fine...


Man, busy week around here.


I guess this holiday is right up your alley, huh?

Mikel: Yup. Me and Steve are really going to wow them...

...You know what, I'm going to let it go...


Man, the parties just don't stop around here, do they...


Um, is there a reason you guys are eating Harvestfest dinner outside...in the rain?

Garnet: The dining room table was too small for everybody...

Clam: Besides, the rain isn't so bad...


Evidently your father agrees...Mikel, streaking isn't exactly a Harvestfest tradition...


Jimmy: So we get to the hall around 10...is your dad bringing the food with him?

Betta: I hope so...otherwise I don't know what he's been cooking all day.

Jimmy: Man, I can't believe it's tomorrow...

What's tomorrow?


Oh, the wedding...This is the last one, right? We're done with the parties after this?


Mikel: I can't believe my little girl's getting married...this Jimmy better be a good baker...

Betta: Oh, Dad...


All right, let's not waste any time...









Luke: Congratulations, little cousin...

Wait, what's that noise?


...Huh?



You planned your wedding on Neighborhood Brawl day?

Jimmy: Hey, I didn't know...aren't you the all-powerful narrator around here?

Who was in that fight, anyway?


Yeah, it's not a wedding unless cousins start beating each other up...


Right in front of their children, no less...Ok, I think I've seen about enough. Enjoy the rest of the wedding, guys. I'll see you all next round...


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Round 18 begins! Man, that was a lot of parties. I wish I had grabbed a screenshot of this family's calendar at the beginning of their week, because there was literally a birthday or holiday on almost every day. I was also genuinely surprised that Jimmy turned Betta down the first time she proposed; their relationship was more than high enough. And  yeah, never hold a wedding on Neighborhood Brawl day. I know that the fights that happen on that day don't really mean anything, but it's not exactly the best atmosphere at a wedding when the guests start beating each other up.

No comments:

Post a Comment