Monday, May 8, 2017

Bernard 3: Round 15



Last round, Trout and Aruba's oldest daughter Alderaan graduated from high school and finally got engaged to her longtime sweetheart Thunder Flenderson. This didn't sit well with her little sister, Corellia, who wasn't thrilled at the idea of her big sister moving out despite Aruba's promise of a room makeover. Meanwhile, Trout and Aruba progressed in the writer and tech guru careers, respectively.


Hi there, Cori!

Corellia: Hi mysterious voice! Like my new room?

Very nice. I guess your mom kept her promise to redecorate after Alderaan moved out.

Corellia: Yup! Now I have a big grown-up sized bed all to myself! Even Hosnian doesn't have that!


Corellia: But Dad! Why can't I have a wedding too?

Trout: Cori, honey, you will. When you're a grown up. But right now, you're too little to have a wedding.

Corellia: Too little? I thought I was too big...this so isn't fair!


Corellia: I don't care what Dad says. I'm having a wedding with Betta anyway.

Hosnian: Do you even know how to have a wedding?

Corellia: Duh! We've only gone to like, a million of them. It's just a bunch of people in fancy clothes...how hard can that be?


Well, it looks like you've got your musician figured out, at least.


Aruba: Cori, is there a reason your formal dress was in your backpack for school?

Corellia: Um...

Hosnian: It's for her wedding.

Aruba: Her what?

Hosnian: She's having a wedding with Betta at recess.

Corelila: Shut up, Hosnian!

Aruba: Cori, I don't want you taking that dress to school. It cost a lot of money.

Corellia: But it won't be a real wedding if we're not wearing our sparkly dresses!


Trout: Your mom told me about trying to sneak your dress to school, Cori...

Corellia: Well, it doesn't matter anyway because Betta's mom wouldn't let her bring hers either. None of the other kids could either.

Trout: Well, did you have the wedding anyway?

Corellia: No, because the whole point is to have everyone in their fancy clothes. Without that it's just recess. What's the point?


Looks like we do get to have another party, though.


Corellia: Ha ha! You have to have your birthday here because the arcade is still shut down!

Aruba: Cori, stop teasing your brother.

Hosnian: Is the arcade really still closed, Mom?


Aruba: I'm afraid so, honey. But don't worry. We'll get a lot of fun stuff for here. We'll put out a karaoke machine, and a game table...you'll see.


Han: Wow, I can't even imagine my mom trying to have our birthday parties at home.

Alderaan: Well, where else are we supposed to take them? You can only go bowling so many times.


It seems to be working pretty well...

Corellia: Yeah, except that Hosnian can't sing!

Hosnian: Hey!

Don't worry, Hosnian. It's your birthday...you can be as off key as you want.


Happy birthday, dear Hosnian...


Huh...you know, that kind of makes sense...although "loves outdoors" and "computer whiz" don't really go together...


Betta: Sorry we never got to have our wedding, Cori...

Corellia: It's ok...I have a new plan.

Betta: Uh-oh...your plans always get us in trouble.

Corellia: This one won't. You know, my birthday's not too far away. And I'm telling my mom and dad I want it at the wedding place...

Betta: Do you think they'll say yes?

Corellia: Why wouldn't they? It's my birthday, and the arcade is going to be closed for, like, forever.   


Hosnian: Hey, Emerald...

Emerald: Hi. Happy birthday...

Hosnian: Thanks...hey, we kind of match.

Emerald: I...guess we do...

I guess flirting is a learned skill...


Well, that was quite the party last night.

Aruba: You're telling me. I'm still finding dishes around. Now I know why most people have parties at other places.


Corellia: I did it!

Congratulations, Cori...


Nice job, Aruba.

Aruba: Thanks...


Corellia: Mom...you know how my birthday's coming up?

Aruba: (sigh) Yes, Cori...

Corellia: Well, I decided I want to have my party at the wedding place.

Aruba: The wedding place? You mean the banquet hall?

Corellia: Yes.

Aruba: Are you sure, honey? It's not really a place for a kid party...

Corellia: I don't want a kid party. I want a grown-up party.

Aruba: Well, that does mean we could have yours and your dad's at the same place...Ok, I guess that could work.

Corellia: Really? Thanks, Mom!


Corellia: Did you hear? I get to have my birthday at the wedding place!

Hosnian: So? That's still not a wedding. And the only reason she said yes is because your birthday's the same as Dad's.

Corellia: You're just jealous that my birthday's going to be more grown-up than yours.


Hosnian: That's it, Mom...now, hit A! Quick!

Aruba: I'm trying...this is harder than it looks!

Hosnian: See? I told you it wasn't rotting my brain.


Hosnian: So Emerald, my sister and dad's birthday is coming up...you want to come to the party?

Emerald: Um...no thanks...

Hosnian: Oh...

Emerald: No, it's not you, it's just...well, birthday parties aren't really my thing anymore.

Because of Hunter?

Emerald: Yeah...

Hosnian: But we're going to the banquet hall...

Emerald: Yeah, no. I think I'll sit this one out. Tell them "Happy Birthday" for me, though.



Looks like today's the day...


And Trout's got one present already. Nice going, Trout.

Trout: Thanks.


Alright, let's head to the wedding place...I mean, banquet hall.


Corellia: Aww, Betta? Did your mom still not let you wear your fancy dress?

Betta: No...she said it was still a birthday party, no matter where it was, and she didn't want me messing it up. You're lucky your mom let you wear yours.

Well, I think the fact that she's only going to be a kid for a few more hours may have influenced that decision.


Happy birthday, dear Corellia...


And that is...strangely appropriate.


Although I think the outfit needs some work.

Corellia: That's ok, I brought something else with me...


Well, while Cori changes I guess it's Trout's turn. Happy birthday, dear Trout...





Congratulations, Trout.

Trout: Thanks...I think.


Corellia: What do you think?

Alderaan: Wow...you look great!

Corellia: I know! I have to go show Betta...


Hey, look who showed up!

Corellia: Nanny Faith? I didn't even know you were coming.

Faith: Your mom invited me. I can't believe how big you both have gotten...I must be getting old!


Betta: Well, it wasn't exactly a wedding, but I guess it was close enough.

Corellia: Yeah, I guess.

Betta: I'll miss you at school on Monday.

Don't worry, Betta. You'll be joining her before too long.


Oh, good. We can knock out one more birthday before we go home.


Happy birthday, dear Aruba...





Congratulations, Aruba...

Aruba: Ow!


Alderaan: Hi, Cori...I stopped by to see if you wanted to take me up on that violin lesson anytime soon.

Corellia: Maybe another time...but you know, I'm getting pretty good on my own.


Alderaan: Hey, look who finally got up.

Hosnian: Well we were at that party until like 2AM...besides, I'm a growing boy. I need my sleep.

Corellia: Um, we were only at the party until midnight. You came home and played video games until 2AM.

Hosnian: What? I'm trying to get really good...you know, there's some really high-paying tournaments I can enter...


Corellia: You really think you're going to impress Emerald by winning video game contests?

Hosnian: Maybe...you never know...

Alderaan: Oh, Hosnian...

Corellia: It's a good thing I don't move out before you do...you're going to need the help.

Well, this seems like a good spot for me to make my exit. I'll see all of you guys next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Well, Cori's all grown up. I was actually kind of sad to see her grow to a teen-she was easily my favorite Sim child to write for. I originally did want to have a mock wedding for her and Betta with the neighborhood kids, but there just wasn't time during the week. (In case anyone is wondering, the arcade is probably going to be "closed for investigation" at least until the end of the round. I may change it to a different party venue, I may just re-decorate it. I haven't decided yet.) And I still cannot believe that the Hannon and Bernard twins are elders already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment