Sunday, July 16, 2017

Palmer 1: Round 16





Last round, both Eve and Merida were settling into married life with their respective husbands, Brett and Josiah. Baby the end of the week, both had given birth to their first children, Hank and Flick. Meanwhile, Brett and Josiah struggled to find ways to support their new families; Josiah by joining the science career and Brett by taking up woodworking. 



Morning, guys!

Hank: Hi, voice!

So what's on the agenda for today?


Eve: Well, Merida and I are meeting Nemo and Buzz for breakfast...

Um...aren't you eating breakfast now?


Eve: So how are things in the city? Did those annoying neighbors finally move out?

Buzz: (sigh) No...in fact I think more of them moved in. 

Merida: I hate to say I told you so, but...

Eve: We both told you so.

Buzz: Yeah, like you two aren't just as crowded...

Eve: No...we finally finished the basement from when Aunt Blair moved out with Jessie. We have our own apartment down there now.


Buzz: I wasn't talking about space...I was talking about having so many people around. I mean, you both already have one kid...and I know you both want more. What's going to happen when the house gets full?

Eve: What are you talking about?

Merida: We'll just put in another bedroom...besides, it's great having the boys in the same house. And mom's just been great with them.

Nemo: How's Mom doing, by the way? I haven't seen her in awhile.

Eve: She's doing fine...if it weren't for the grey hair you'd barely know she's an elder.

Nemo: I just hope she knows not to take things too fast now.

Actually, I should go check on that...


You ok?

Madison: For goodness sakes, you're as bad as the kids! They keep acting like I'm going to keel over any minute...

Well...you are getting up there in years...

Madison: Oh, come on...I'm not that old...


Eve: Ok, Flick...stop splashing so I can finish your bath...

So how's parenthood going so far?

Eve: Pretty good, I guess.

Any plans for more?

Eve: Oh, yeah. Merida and I are both trying for one more, actually...


Well, it looks like at least one of those tries was successful...


What's wrong?

Eve: I'm...not pregnant...

Well, no...Merida's new baby fills the house up.

Eve: What do you mean, fill the house up?

Well, only 8 of you guys can live in one house at a time...you never noticed that before?

Eve: But...we have the room! And it's just one more baby...isn't there something you can do?

Sorry, no....


Eve: Have you heard about this?

Josiah: No...but I guess it kind of makes sense. I've never seen a house with more than 8 people living in it.

Eve: But why? If we have the space in the house, what's one more baby going to do?

Josiah: I don't know...but I guess if it's against the rules...

Eve: But if it's a rule, who made it? And why?

Josiah: Hey, calm down. I'll ask around at work and see what I can find out, ok?


Oh, right. Josiah's a scientist...looks like we're spending the day at the lab.


So?

Josiah: Well, I haven't been able to find out anything...are you sure there's nothing you can do to get around this?

Sorry. This one is out of my hands.

Josiah: (sigh) 


Madison: Hey Buzz...sure, I'd love to come over!

Looks like Buzz is making good on his promise.


Madison: How are you doing?

Buzz: Oh, you know...the same. Houston is so excited to see you-he's been talking about it all morning.


Madison: And then the mama bear said...what's that noise?

Not the way I remember the story...

Madison: No, I think I heard something coming through the wall...

Houston: Mean Bakko!

Madison: Huh?

Houston: Mean Bakko! Too loud!

Madison: Who's Bakko?

Be glad you don't know, Madison...


Man, everybody wants to hang out with Grandma today...

Madison: I know! If I didn't know better I'd say they planned it.


Athena: Grandma!

Madison: Hi, guys! You're both getting so big!


Madison: So, how are you two doing in school?

Athena: Good...we just had the science fair.

Madison: Really? I'm sorry I missed it...

Athena: It's ok. We didn't win...

Madison: Really? What were your projects about?

Hermes: The solar system. But we got points off because we said stuff about Sixam that the teacher said was wrong.

Madison: ...Like what?

Hermes: Like, that Sixam is where the bad aliens are from, and that one of them hurt Mom...

Madison: Oh, kids...you shouldn't say things like that. None of us have ever met an alien from Sixam...

Hermes: Mom has...and I don't think she liked it very much.

Madison: But that doesn't mean they're all bad...after all, they're the same kind of alien as me. Having alien in your family is something you kids should be proud of...

Athena: But...then why do you wear that makeup?


Well, at least something went right for Josiah at work.





And for the girls too...


(Sigh) Let me guess...you made a transform ray today?


Josiah: Er...sorry about that.

Madison: What were you thinking? Do you know how dangerous that thing is? For goodness sakes, Josiah, there's 2 babies in this house...


Make that 3...it's baby time!


So...I take it we're staying here?

Merida: I don't think I have much of a choice at this point...


It's a girl! Welcome, Dory!


And I guess she got Grandpa Stratus's genes...


Flick: Mama, where's my sister?

Eve: What?

Flick: Hank gets sister, I get sister?

Eve: No, buddy...not right now...


She looks just like you...

Madison: Well...not really.

What do you mean?

Madison: This isn't what I really look like, remember?

Oh, right...I always forget that.

Madison: To tell you the truth, so do I...it doesn't even feel like makeup anymore.

You know, you don't have to keep wearing it...

Madison: (sigh) I know. But really, at this age? If I could do it again, though...

(sigh) Hold that thought, Madison...I think I heard something coming from the bathroom...


Maybe somebody should be paying attention to big brother...


Madison: Hank, stop that! 

Hank: No!


Madison: Would you like to do something about your son?

Brett: Huh? What's he doing? I just woke up from a nap?

Did that nap last six days? I swear this is the first time I've seen you all week.


Ok, I think it's time to get these toddler years over with...


Happy birthday, dear Flick...


Huh...glutton. That's one we don't see too often.


Not bad...


Happy birthday, dear Hank...


And I guess it's time to make room for some monkey bars out back.


Also not bad...but I think you'll need some new pajamas...


So, now that you're older what do you think of your sister?

Hank: Eh, she's ok, I guess...she's loud, though...I can't believe Flick actually wanted one of these...hey, wait a minute. That gives me an idea!

Why do I get the feeling that Hank's ideas are going to cause trouble?


Hank: Hey Flick...wanna make a deal?

Flick: I dunno...what?

Hank: You always wanted a sister too, right? Well...if you give me $5 I'll let Dory be your sister...only she has to sleep in the basement with you instead of upstairs with me.

Flick: But I don't have $5...and I think your mommy likes Dory too much...what if we could make our mommies switch us instead?

Hank: You dummy...how are we going to do that?

Flick: It's easy...we just both have to be really bad until they can't take it anymore. Then they'll have to switch us!


Eve: Young man, what are you doing?

Flick: Um...I wanted to paint the ground, because...um...

Well, as much as I'd like to stick around and watch this plan play out, I have to be moving on. I'll see you guys next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: I don't know why, but this family always takes me so long to write for. I'm beginning to think abnormally long elder stages are somehow linked to this house. First Reginald, then Addison, now Madison. Madison's age bar was 100% full all week. She actually got both "it's almost her time" messages last round. As glad as I was to have her spend some more time with her grandkids, her still being alive is the reason Eve and Josiah couldn't try for a girl as well. (Both couples were actively trying for a second baby, but Merida got pregnant first.) And I know we didn't hear much from Brett; it's taking me awhile to figure out Brett and Josiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment