Friday, September 8, 2017

Kauker 2: Round 16


Last round, Leanna was still getting the hang of parenting after the birth of her first daughter, Gemini. Just as she was adjusting to having one, though, she found herself pregnant again and soon gave birth to a second daughter, Libra. By the end of the week, both had grown into toddlers. Meanwhile, Galaxy continued to advance in the writing career and Leanna did her best to continue advancing in comedy.


Hi, guys!

Galaxy: Oh, hi mysterious voice. Didn't hear you come in...we're just getting the girls ready for bed.

Shouldn't they be in bed already? It's almost 1AM.

Galaxy: We started this process 5 hours ago...



Gemini: Mommy! I went potty by myself!

Leanna: I see that...good girl. Now can you be a big girl and go get your pajamas on for Mommy while I finish Libra's bath?

Gemini: I want a story!

Libra: Me too!

I'm starting to see why this takes so long.


Checking out those parenting blogs?

Leanna: Yes...apparently this play date thing is a really big deal...I can't believe I'd never heard of it before...

Well, that's because...

Leanna: Some other parents actually make it a regular thing. They call it a play group...maybe we should do that.


Well, thanks to Marylin you kind of already are...

Leanna: Oh, that's right...Marylin's kids are big now...I guess I'd have to run it, right?

For now, I think you would.

Leanna: Huh...well, how hard could it be? Come on, girls...we're going back to the park!


Huh, so I see we're still all wearing our matching outfits...

Leanna: Yeah...I mean, we all spent money on these. It'd be silly to stop using them.

Wait, you did?


Well, I'm not seeing any green stink clouds and everybody's got clothes on, so I'm going to say that Leanna's doing a pretty good job!


Although it seems something went wrong...

Libra: Mommy....


Libra: Bad dream...

Leanna: Oh, honey...come on, I'll help you go back to sleep. It's a big day tomorrow...

Wait, why...


What the...oh, come on! I didn't even get a message...


Sorry, Gemini...

Gemini: It's ok...

Would it help if I got you some better pajamas?

Gemini: I guess...


Leanna: Gemini, honey, I'm so sorry...we really were going to have a party!

Gemini: Well, can we have one now?

Leanna: Well...I'm supposed to go to work...

Gemini: (sigh) That's ok...

Leanna: You're sure? I could...

Gemini: No, it's fine...

Leanna: That's my big girl...tell you what, I'll tell your dad to make a cake anyway.


Well, I guess you going into work was pretty important...


Leanna: Yeah, but I still feel awful. What kind of parent misses their own child's birthday?

It's not your fault...trust me.

Leanna: Well, hopefully she has a good first day of school...


Galaxy: Libra...don't throw your food all over the place! Where did you learn that?

Libra: Chimmy did it...

Galaxy: Huh? Who's "Chimmy"?

Leanna: She means Chimney. He's one of the little boys in her play group.

Galaxy: Huh...you think maybe we should start being a bit more...selective?

Leanna: Oh, Galaxy...they're just toddlers. They all copy each other. I'm sure they'll grow out of it... 


Yeah, about that...seems that Chimney might have influenced Gemini a bit as well.


Nice going, Galaxy...

Galaxy: Thanks...



So...starting a food fight. That's an interesting way to make an impression at school.

Gemini: It wasn't my idea...Asteroid told me to do it!

Asteroid...really?

Gemini: Yeah...he told me that he started one once and how much fun it was...he didn't tell me I'd get in trouble!

You couldn't have figured that out on your own?

Gemini: How was I supposed to know? I'd never been there before!

Well, that doesn't seem very nice of Asteroid.

Gemini: He helped me clean it up, too...besides, he was the only person to talk to me besides Snapple.



Leanna: I want you to apologize to the cafeteria workers today for making a mess...

Gemini: Fine...but, do you think I could bring a friend over after school?

Leanna: You made a friend? Oh...well, I guess that's ok. Libra's play group will still be here, though.

Gemini: That's ok...I'm sure he won't mind.

Leanna: He...your new friend is a boy?

Looks like you have to add some new blogs to your list, huh?

Leanna: Yeah, I guess so...


Libra: Gemini stay here!

Looks like someone else isn't that excited about you starting school...

Gemini: Libra, I have to go to school. Besides, you'll have so much fun in play group today you won't even miss me!


Libra: Hi Rey...Hi Pa-Rey...

Padme: (laughs) You're funny...


Something tells me Libra isn't thrilled to have all these "friends" in her bedroom...maybe we should all move outside?


So you're on play group duty today?

Galaxy: Yeah...Leanna's got work in the afternoon. Besides, I want to meet some of these other kids.


Leanna: I'll see you when I get home...be a good girl for Daddy, ok? And don't bother Gemini and her friend.

Oh, right...they should be home by now.


Gemini: Want to play another game?

Asteroid: What?

Gemini: I said, want to play another game?

Asteroid: Um...actually, I think I'd better get going...

Gemini: But you just got here!

Asteroid: Yeah, but if all the toddlers are at your house, that means it's quiet at my house...

He's got a point.


That is quite a stack of dishes...

Galaxy: Yeah...feeding 14 toddlers at once is no joke. I don't know how Leanna's been doing it.


Well, thankfully it looks like those days are almost behind you.


Where are we doing the party?

Galaxy: I think we're just going to do it here. We have a big enough yard...and besides, it's not like we haven't been hosting a party every day anyway. This one just has cake involved.


You know, I'm kind of amazed nobody's gotten hurt yet...


Gemini: Oh, good...I thought my dad only invited little kids...they're so annoying...

Sprite: (laughs)

Gemini: What's so funny?

Sprite: You were one of them not too long ago, you know. And trust me, you were just as annoying.

Gemini: What? No I wasn't...

Sprite: Uh, yeah you were. My mom hosted play group too, remember?


Gemini: We weren't really that loud, were we?

Snapple: I don't know...maybe. But I know we weren't that smelly...

Galaxy: Girls! It's time for cake!


Happy birthday, dear Libra...


Huh...those two don't really go together, but ok...


I think you need a new outfit, though.


Libra: So, what should I know about real school...

Snapple: Well, first of all, don't start any food fights...

Libra: Got it! 

Well, this seems like a nice point for me to be moving on. I'll see all you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yup, more play dates! I've actually discovered that they are quite useful, since the guest toddlers still gain skills; every one of the "play group" members has had their movement and communication skills already maxed when I load up their house just from being at all these play dates. So, expect to see a lot more of them going forward. And I really didn't get a notification for Gemini's birthday! I knew it was probably going to be soon, so I got their backyard all set up for the party...but then she aged up before I could actually throw it. I don't mind as much when it happens for adult and elder birthdays, but I feel really bad when it happens to the kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment