Monday, September 4, 2017

Rowan 1: Round 16





Last round Nemo and Adrianna were settling into their careers while raising their twins, Hermes and Athena. Near the middle of the week, Adrianna was abducted by aliens-which made interacting with Nemo's extended family a challenge.


Nemo: Athena, what did I tell you about getting paint on the rug?

Athena: It was an accident...

Nemo: Well, accident or not, you still have to clean it up...

Well, looks like a typical day with two kids so far...


Nemo: Did you get it all off?

Athena: Ugh...yes...

Hermes: Dad? Uncle Buzz is on the phone...he wants to know if Athena and I can come over.


Nemo: Yes, please...I mean, sure! Have fun!


Houston: Ermes! Feena!

Hermes: Hey, Houston!


Susanna: Hi kids...you didn't bump into anyone in the hall, did you?

Athena: Um...no.

Susanna: Good...I'd hate for those weirdos to think we suddenly had two more kids. I'd never hear the end of it. Sorry I don't have much more than chips on hand right now...

Athena: That's ok...

Susanna: But your uncle called your Grandma, and we're all going to go out to dinner tonight at the new pizza place!

New pizza place?

Susanna: Yup...it just opened up. It's supposed to be a great spot to take kids.


Well this place sure looks fun...

Susanna: Yeah, they've even got a play area for Houston...

Really?


Wow...hey, wait...we're missing someone...

Nemo: Oh, um...Adrianna wasn't feeling well.

Uh-huh...um, you mind if I go check in on her?

Nemo: Go ahead...


So, why aren't you at dinner?

Adrianna: Just not feeling up for pizza tonight...

This wouldn't have anything to do with Nemo's...um...heritage, would it?

Adrianna: No...of course not....I just have a stomach ache. That's all.

Well...ok...if you say so...


Hermes: Mom! Can we go to the community center with Uncle Buzz?

Adrianna: Huh? Oh...yeah...sure.


Buzz: Not bad, guys...maybe you can teach Houston when he gets a bit bigger...

Yeah...I'm glad you guys are having fun, but...something tells me I should go back and check on your mom...


Nemo: Adrianna...honey, are you ok? Where are the kids?

Adrianna: I sent them out with your brother for the afternoon...I just needed some time alone...

Nemo: Is this about the abduction? But...I thought that was getting better?

Adrianna: I did too...but it's just getting worse...

Nemo: Is that why you skipped out on dinner last night?

Adrianna: Yeah...I was just worried I'd freak out in front of your mom..


Ugh...Marvin, this is not the time! 


Alright, so...good week for everybody then?


Athena: But Mom, listen...what if I do like, a bunch of extra homework? Then can I stay home?

Adrianna: Honey, you have to go to school.

Athena: But I want to stay home with you...what if something else happens again?

Adrianna: What?

Athena: Like when the aliens came and made you afraid...

Adrianna: Athena, honey, I'm perfectly fine...

Athena: That's not what I heard Dad say on the phone with Grandma...

Nemo: Athena, you know it's rude to eavesdrop...but your mother's right. She's OK...now get going. You'll be late...


Besides, you won't want to miss your last day before high school anyway...


At least work seems to be going well for you...

Adrianna: Yeah, it's a great early birthday gift...

Birthday gift?


Oh, I see...looks like we've got another triple party...


Getting this one in just under the wire, huh?


Hermes: Dad...are you making our birthday cakes right now?

Nemo: I might be...

Hermes: Do you think mine could be a dirt cake?

Nemo: A what?


Hermes: Yeah...someone at school said that I should try it...

Nemo: Um...I don't think that's a very good idea...


Athena: Dad...can we have our birthday at the new pizza place?

Nemo: I don't know...it is your mom's birthday too, remember? Plus, I don't know if the restaurant will like having that many of us there at once.

Athena: What do you mean?

Nemo: Well, we have to invite Grandma...and uncle Buzz...and Aunt Merida and Aunt Eve...plus my cousins  Jessie and Riley...


Hermes: Mom...can I start wearing makeup like Grandma does?

Adrianna: What? Why?

Hermes: Because every time we see someone who looks like an alien, you get scared...and I don't want to make you scared.


Adrianna: Hermes, listen. I could never be scared of you....

Hermes: Really?

Adrianna: Really. And I promise, you being part alien is never going to make me love you any less.


All right, well, with that out of the way...let's head to the park!


Jessie: I can't believe the twins are going to be teenagers...time really flies, doesn't it?

Adrianna: Um...yeah...

Jessie: Hey...you ok? You don't seem all there...

Adrianna: Oh...yeah, I'm fine...

How about we get to the cakes?


Happy birthday, dear Athena...


All right, now let's see how you look...

Athena: No! I want to change my outfit first...

Really? But horrible outfits are half the fun of birthdays...

Athena: Please?

Ok, head over to the mirror while we do Hermes...


Happy birthday, dear Hermes...


Ok, nothing too unusual here...


Not bad...now, let's go find your sister...


Better?

Athena: Yes...sorry, the outfit I had just didn't work...


All right...one more birthday to go. Happy birthday, dear Adrianna...


And thankfully there are no appearance changes here.


Riley: Oh, good...I found you. Listen, I have to jet back home for a minute...do you think you could keep an eye on Starburst?

What about Nestle?

Riley: She's actually the reason I have to go back...her diaper...

Never mind, enough said.

Riley: You don't mind, do you? I'd take her but this will just be easier to deal with if I only have one toddler with me...

Adrianna: Um....yeah, sure...where is she?

Riley: She's over by the jungle gym...

Adrianna: Oh...the...blue one?

Riley: Yup, that's her...


Adrianna: Um...hi there...so...what do you want to do until your Mom comes back?

Starburst: Slide?


Adrianna: Huh...you know, you're actually kind of cute...

Well, I think I'll let the two of you bond...it's about time for me to be moving on now anyway. I'll see all of you guys next round.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Finally, I had some free time to actually get these posts written! Honestly, other than the stuff I added in about Adrianna's abduction, these guys are pretty uneventful. I was glad to get the dinner out with Madison in, though-I just wish that toddlers could actually eat at the restaurant, but at least they finally have something to do there. (The toddler stuff really comes into play with the next post, though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment