Friday, September 8, 2017

Palmer 4: Round 16



Last round, Buzz and Susana were adjusting to live in the big city...including living in an apartment with some very overly friendly neighbors. Susana giving birth to the couple's first child, Houston, only seemed to exacerbate the problem. The two immediately set a goal of saving up enough to buy the empty penthouse across the street, with Susana taking up writing to supplement Buzz's income from his art.


Buzz: Did you have a good day today?

Houston: Yeah...I played with Finn! And we had hot dogs for lunch!

Buzz: What do you want for dinner?

Dinner? It's past midnight...

Buzz: Well, thanks to our lovely neighbors we're on a nocturnal schedule. Hey, I know...how about I make you some special gummy bear pancakes?

Houston: Yay! Gummy bears!


Buzz: Remember, this is our little secret, ok? No telling Mommy...

Houston: Secret...

Buzz: Right...


Susana: I just saw Bakko going down the elevator...

Buzz: The wife and daughter left about an hour ago...so, they're all out?

Susana: I think so...but we have to be fast!

Fast for what?


Alright, guess I'm on neighbor watch...


Wow, and on a time crunch, too. Impressive.


Susana: Well, it looks like your late night pancake parties are about to get a little bigger...

Buzz: How did you know...wait, what?

Susana: Uh-huh...we're having another baby!


Susana: Stupid garbage chute...

Shouldn't the landlord be taking care of that?

Susana: You'd think that, wouldn't you?


Susana: Houston...what are you doing up? We put you to bed hours ago...

Do you really need to ask? Why are you both up?

Susana: Oh, that is it...


Susana: Hey! Open up!


Susana: Listen, I've had just about enough of this! We have a toddler son! He needs to sleep!

Billie: Eh, whatever...that's not my problem...


Susana: Excuse me?

Billie: You heard me...


Susana: I'm sorry, sweetie...I promise, I'll find a way to make the noise stop. How about we watch a movie?

Houston: Space Kids!

Susana: Ok, Space Kids it is!


Buzz: Come on, buddy...time for play group...

Houston: No! 

Susana: Let him stay home today...he was up all night. I'd rather let him sleep. 

So, he's on the nocturnal schedule too?

Buzz: It's not like we have much of a choice. He's got to sleep sometime.


Um...you ok?

Susana: I still can't believe that little brat next door...

Ordinarily I'd say to go to her parents, but...

Susana: Like they'd be much of a help! 


Houston: What are you doing?

Buzz: I'm painting...it helps me calm down.

Houston: Daddy mad?

Buzz: Oh, don't worry, buddy. I'm not angry at you...

Houston: Are you angry at the loud people?

Buzz: ...Yes.

Houston: Me too...can I paint?


Looks like we're going to have to save the art lessons for another time...it's baby time!


Yeah, I'd hate to see how the neighbors react to someone giving birth.


Susana: Hi, I'm Susana...wow...

What?

Susana: It's...it's just so quiet here...I forgot what that sounded like...


Something tells me that's not going to last for too long.


It's a girl! Welcome, Madison!


And she definitely takes after Buzz...


Houston: Where's the baby? Where's the baby?

Buzz: Hold on, buddy...let us get her settled and then you can meet her.


Susana: Houston, this is your new sister...

Houston: Mama...why isn't she sleeping?

Susana: Because she's so excited to meet you...

Houston: You should sleep now, baby...before the loud people start.


Billie: Ugh, you again? Listen, I already told you once...

Susana: Please...we have a newborn! Could you just turn down the music a little bit?

Billie: Why is it my problem that you guys have a baby, huh? If you don't like living here so much, then move! 


Buzz: I know, Madison...I know...don't worry, they'll stop soon.

Well, at least we haven't had any unexpected visitors...


Perhaps I spoke too soon.

???: Hey, what's up, man?

Buzz: What the...who are you?

Hakim: Oh...they didn't tell you? My name's Hakim, I'm Bakko's cousin? He got held up at work so he said I should just stop in here...

Buzz: For what?


Hakim: To get ready for the party tonight...

Wait, what? You don't even live in this building, you can't just walk into someone else's...

Hakim: Whoa...Bakko never said you guys had talking walls...wait, are you guys like, haunted? Forget this, man...I'll just head somewhere else.

Buzz: Thanks, mysterious voice.

Um...anytime.


Susana: Wait...so now they're not only inviting themselves over, they're inviting their relatives over too? What is wrong with these people?

Buzz: I don't know...how much have we saved towards the move?

Susana: Ugh...not nearly enough. But we need to do something, Buzz. This is no place to try and raise a toddler...


Make that two toddlers...


Happy birthday, dear Madison...


Huh, looks like she got Houston's independence too.


And I actually really like that hair on her...the outfit needs work, though.


(sigh) Let me guess...it's too loud to sleep?

Madison: Too loud! 


Looks like Madison's got her own solution to the problem...you know, I think there will be plenty of time to teach her responsibility later. I'm going to let this one slide.


I'm surprised if anyone's going to be awake to celebrate...


Susana: Madison, did you go potty by yourself?

Houston: I teached her that...

Buzz: You did? Wow, you really are ready to be a big kid, aren't you?


Yes, let's get out of this apartment, please!


Padme: Happy birthday...you look sleepy.

Houston: The loud people don't let me sleep...don't you have loud people at your house?

Padme: No...we just have Finn...


And the alien descendants immediately find each other...


Buzz: Hey there, Flick...how's school?

Flick: Pretty good, but I got in trouble yesterday for trying to prank the teacher.

Buzz: Really...how?

Flick: You want to know about my pranks? You're not going to tell my mom, are you?

Buzz: No, just...curious.


Ok, let's do this before Buzz gets himself arrested...Happy birthday, dear Houston...


Hey, an aspiration and trait that go together. How about that?


Huh, not bad.


Well, I've got to be on my way, but I really wouldn't blame you guys if you wanted to spend the night in the tents behind you...I'll see you guys next round!


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: Man, these apartments...I don't know if the Jang family is just as annoying in everyone's game, but in mine they are absolutely awful! They woke the family up every single night. (That actually is the reason there were no play dates on this lot. This family actually is nocturnal now because of noisy neighbors. Thankfully both parens work from home.) And yes, that Hakim guy really did just invite himself in to "get ready". Madison really did go out into the hallway to make a mess after being woken up for the first time. Usually I try to stop the toddlers every time, but in this case I just let her do it so she could have her own toddler revenge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment