Friday, September 8, 2017

Lytle 3: Round 16



Last round, Forest Lytle and his new wife, Anna, moved into their new home. Anna soon found herself pregnant, and by the end of the week the couple had welcomed their first son, Dragon. Meanwhile, Forest entered the medical career but found it to be more challenging than he thought.


Ahh, I see we just got home from play group...

Forest: Yup...I have to say, I thought it was kind of a weird idea at first...but he seems to love it. Plus, it gives Anna a break for a little bit. 


Yeah, probably best you don't have a toddler around the kitchen for moments like this...what are you making, anyway?

Anna: It's just scrambled eggs!


Forest: Well, I finally got him to go down for his nap...he wouldn't stop telling me about all his new friends.

Anna: I know...you should have seen him when I went to pick him up.

So you guys aren't on host duty this week?

Forest: No...our schedules don't really lend themselves well to running a play group.

Anna: Besides...I think I have another idea for what we could do...


Ok, ok...I can take the hint...


Looks like soon you'll have a play group of your own.


Anna: We're going to have another baby!

Forest: Really? That's amazing...I can't wait to tell everyone at work!


Well fortunately you don't have to...let's head to the hospital!


Forest: Sorry...this stupid scanner is always broken...

Patient: Um...I'm pretty sure I just have a fever...

Forest: Trust me, I know what I'm doing...

Patient: Do you, though?


Well, I'd say he does...


And so does Anna, apparently....congrats, guys!


Forest: So, did you tell Dragon yet?

Anna: Shh...I want to keep it a surprise for now...

Um, guys?

Forest: Really? Mom told me about Hunter right away...I don't think I was even out of my bassinet yet, but...

Guys?

Anna: But it's such a big moment...finding out he's going to be a big brother...

Dragon: I'm going to be a big brother?

I tried to warn you...



Huh...this one is new...


Well this seems pretty important.

Forest: I know, my first emergency...come on, you stupid machine...


Forest: So anyway, it turns out they were all showing signs of food poisoning from the same restaurant...they weren't cooking their fish right, or something like that.

Anna: Wow...you may have actually saved a life today.

Forest: Well, I don't know about that...

Anna: No, really...I work in a restaurant, Forest. Food poisoning's no joke. You hear that, Dragon? Your daddy's a hero...


So...any minute now, huh?

Anna: I sure hope so...

Forest: Maybe we should keep Dragon home tomorrow? You know, just in case?

Anna: Yeah, maybe...I just hope he's not too upset.


Upset, no. Destructive...maybe.

Forest: Buddy, what are you doing? 

Dragon: Making a picture...we do it in the park!

Forest: Well, the park is outside...and we're not going to play group today.

Dragon: Why?


Because I don't think Mommy wants to have a baby in the middle of a play date.


Wow, that was some fast labor...welcome, Unicorn!


And I guess she takes after her dad.

Anna: I guess so...


Meet your new sister, Dragon...

Dragon: Hi, sister...now can we go?

Sorry, buddy...I think your mom needs to rest for a bit.


Meet your new daughter, Forest...

Forest: Wow...she's not blue.

No...no she's not. Great observation.

Forest: Well, I kind of assumed all our kids would be...

Yeah, genetics can be like that.


Looks like that emergency really impressed your bosses.

Forest: Yeah...


Just in time, too...I think Unicorn's going to need a room soon. 


Happy birthday, dear Unicorn...


Hey, as long as it isn't fussy...


Whoa!

Forest: ...Her hair is blue...

Again, great observation...I thought you said Anna's hair was dyed.

Forest: That's what she told me...


Look, Dragon, you can play with your sister now...

Dragon: Maybe later...


Anna: Hi, honey...I'm sorry I wasn't here for...whoa!

You noticed her hair too, huh?

Anna: Yeah...how is her hair blue already? My parents had to dye mine...

Your parents dyed it? When, exactly?

Anna: I don't know...before I could remember...but they always told me it was dyed, and that my hair was really blonde, like Dragon's...

Maybe the blue just shows up later in boys?

Anna: Maybe...


Looks like we're about to find out, anyway...


Aww, birthday hugs...


Let me guess...we're heading to the park?

Anna: Yup. I've got the cake all packed...


And I guess the play group outfits are just mandatory now...

Forest: Yeah, that part I still think is weird...


Forest: Are you having fun with your new friends?

Unicorn: Yeah! I climbed...all the way up! So high!

Forest: Yeah, I saw you...you're such a brave little girl! But now it's time for cake!



Happy birthday, dear Dragon...


Huh...we haven't seen perfectionist in awhile.


You...don't seem very happy.

Dragon: Well, I'm bigger than all my friends now...I liked playing with them.

Don't worry, they'll catch up.


And besides, it looks like some of them already beat you to it. Enjoy the rest of the party, guys. I'll see you next round.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: So, not as many play dates here-they didn't really work with having a parent in an active career. Usually I have one parent host while the other is at work, but if I'm at work with the parent that's not really an option. I was genuinely surprised to see Unicorn age up with blue hair. Evidently her CC hair does come in the same shade of blue as Anna's even at the toddler stage, so she aged up with it automatically. (I don't have as many CC hairs for boys, so I guess Dragon didn't have as many chances for that.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment