Sunday, April 9, 2017

Bernard 1: Round 15



Last round was a busy one for the Bernard family. Bermuda and Ezekiel's second daughter, Haiti, had just grown to a toddler and developed a fussy streak. Thankfully, Khloe and Croix's son, Cyprus, didn't seem to share this with his cousin. Once Cyprus aged to a a child, the family decided to re-connect with their roots by going to Granite Falls, meaning that both Bahama and Haiti got to have a birthday party in the woods. 


Morning, Bahama.

Bahama: Oh, hi mysterious voice.

So, what's going on around here today?


Bahama: Not much. I'm taking the kids down to the library for the afternoon.


Hey, I didn't know this place had chess.

Haiti: Hey, Cyprus...look over there! There's...a monster by the jungle gym!

Cyprus: Huh? I don't see a monster...

Haiti: Well...keep looking...

Maybe you should have decided how to cheat before to made him turn around?




Well, who is this?

Bahama: (sigh) Mysterious voice, meet Sage...we're in the same science class at school.

Well, hi there Sage...

Sage: Um...hi...

Bahama: Everything ok?

Sage: Why is there somebody talking to you from the sky?

Bahama: I'll explain it later, ok?


Bahama: I'll see you at school tomorrow...

Sage: Say, you think your sky lady has the answers to tomorrow's science quiz?

Trust me, Sage...no I don't.


Huh, I didn't know you could still do that...

Bahama: What?

Play with the dollhouse...isn't that Haiti's?

Bahama: Yeah, it's the one she had as a toddler. But, do me a favor, will you? Could you let me know if you see her coming?

Um...sure, will do...


Well, that's one way to say good morning...

Croix: I'll see you after work...you sure you're not going to be too bored?

Khloe: No, I'll be fine. Besides, Bermuda's home too. I'm sure we'll find something to do.


Khloe: Well...

Bermuda: Our first day at home with no toddlers...what do you want to do?

Khloe: Want to head down to the park? Check out the fishing spots?

Bermuda: Eh, I guess...how about we head down to the desert, though?

Khloe: Oh, yeah...I always forget about that side of town. 


So wait a minute...this is just "the other side of town"?

Khloe: Yeah. They must have run out of landscaping money or something, because they kind of just, stopped planting grass about halfway through.

Either that or climate change is really hitting you guys hard...


Oh, good, finally she'll catch up with her twin brother.


So, are we heading to that buffet restaurant again?

Bermuda: You know about that place already? Darn, I thought we'd be the first ones to go there.

Sorry, the Hannons already beat you to it.


Haiti: Hi, Aunt Jamaica!

Jamaica: Hi there, Haiti! You're getting so big!


Poe: Happy birthday, Aunt Bermuda!

Bermuda: I'm so glad you could all come! It's been so long since I've seen you!

Bermuda: Come on, Luke's wedding wasn't that long ago...


Corellia: They left the door to the kitchen open! Wanna sneak in and watch?

Ezekiel: I don't think you're supposed to go in there, Cori.

Cyprus: Yeah, and besides, why would I want to watch them cooking? I can watch Mom do that at home...and these guys won't even start any fires.


Ok, let's get this done before we get kicked out of this restaurant. Happy birthday, dear Bermuda...








Yeah, not even trying to fit everybody's names in there. Glad to see Hosnian had another chance to wear his weird hat, though.

Hosnian: Hey! It's not weird!


Aruba: Oh, that was so nice of you to bring toys along for the kids...

Bahama: Oh, no...this one is mine...

Aruba: Yours? But honey, you're in high school...

Bahama: I know, but...this is still fun.


Aruba: Well, I guess that's good that she's not growing up too fast...

Bermuda: Yeah...say, Bahama...why don't you play your guitar for everybody? You've gotten a lot better since the last time we were all together.


Aruba: Wow, you have gotten good. You must have some of your aunt Jamaica in you.

Bahama: Thanks. I'm better at violin, though. I just forgot to bring it. 


Haiti: Hey, maybe we can just tell the teacher we were at a party real late and we couldn't do our homework!

Cyprus: That's not going to work, Haiti...

Haiti: It might! You don't know. 


And, on the stay-at-home mom agenda for today...GeekCon? Really?

Bermuda: There's not much for us to do around the house, ok?

Khloe: Besides, it might be fun!


Bermuda: Azalea? Is that you?

No, that's not...

Azalea: How did you guys know it was me? I thought I did such a good job dying my hair.

Wait, that is Azalea?

Bermuda: You might want to match your eyebrows next time...


Bermuda: I never would have taken you for a cosplayer...

Azalea: Neither would anyone else. I kind of wanted to be incognito. With Daisy moved out and the other kids in school there's not much to do around the house all day...what about you? What are you doing here?

Bermuda: Same...who are you supposed to be, anyway? 

Azalea: You're not going to believe this, but I have no idea. I just found the costume online. I think it was called princess...something...

Leia.

Bermuda: Huh? Where? She should be in school...

No, that's the name of her costume...it's on Khloe's shirt, Bermuda. Didn't you notice?

Bermuda: Wait...my niece is on Khloe's shirt? I'm confused...

Never mind...


Bermuda: Well, whoever you are, you look great. Mind if I get a picture?

Azalea: Sure, but just don't tell my husband...he's still mad I wouldn't let him dress up like a hot dog for the food festival last week. And if you think my costume's good, you should see some of the other ones around here...



Bermuda: No way...that looks amazing...can I get a picture with you? Um...to show my kids, you know?

Cosplayer: Sure, I guess...

Bermuda: This is so much fun! Why do they hold this during school hours? Kids would love this.

You know, I've been asking myself that same question, Bermuda.


Oh, hi Sage. Good to see you again...

Sage: Um...thanks...weird sky lady.





Nice job, Croix.

Croix: Thanks!


You too, Ezekiel...

Ezekiel: Thanks...


Cyprus: Hey, what are you doing in Aunt Bermuda's closet?

Bahama: Go away, Cyprus...

Did you just plan him a new outfit?

Bahama: We were just trying stuff on...


Sage: So you're really still into this, huh?

Bahama: Yeah, totally. I mean, technically this is Haiti's dollhouse, but I still sneak in here to play with it whenever I get the chance.

Sage: Isn't she supposed to be sneaking into your room?

Bahama: I don't know, maybe...look, I know it's a little weird, but...

Sage: No, no, I think it's cute.


Bermuda: Oh, here you two are...

Bahama: What is it, Mom?

Bermuda: I just wanted to let you know that your aunt and I are headed out fishing for the afternoon. Your dad will handle dinner when he gets home from work. And...just a warning, you may want to get out of here before Haiti comes up to do her homework.

Bahama: Where is she now?

Bermuda: In the basement. We found your aunt Aruba's old chemistry set in the closet, but we couldn't get it up the stairs so we left it down there. Just keep your ears open for any explosion noises, ok?


Bermuda: Hey, can I ask you something?

Khloe: Sure, what?

Bermuda: Have you noticed anything...odd about Bahama?

Khloe: No, not really...but then, I was so focused on Cyprus...why?

Bermuda: She brought a boy over yesterday...

Khloe: That's not odd, Bermuda...

Bermuda: Let me finish. She brought this boy over, and I found the two of them in Haiti's room playing with her old dollhouse.

Khloe: The one we got when they were toddlers? Gee, Haiti doesn't even play with that anymore.

Bermuda: I know. I was actually thinking about getting rid of it. I know it's not the worst thing that could be happening, all things considered, but...I don't know. It just seems weird.

Khloe: I think you're overreacting. Let's just try and catch some more fish before dark.

Anything biting?

Bermuda: Nothing new. I just know there are fish out there I haven't caught yet-I just can't figure out where they are.

Khloe: You should try down by the old swamp...

Bermuda: Ew, that place is so creepy...I heard they just got it up to standard to even build houses on.

Khloe: Yeah, but I bet there's gotta be something weird in that water...

Bermuda: You want to come with me?

Khloe: Eh, no...I think I'd better head home. I want to make sure I get back early enough to help Cyprus out with his homework.

Bermuda: Gee, thanks...


Bermuda: This place is so creepy...no wonder nobody wanted to come with me.

I came with you...

Bermuda: Well, you're disembodied. Nothing can bite you. I feel like I'm going to be attacked by something at any moment.


Looks like it paid off, though.

Bermuda: Seriously? What is this thing?

I'm...not sure, exactly. But it's definitely new, I know that. 





What, no party for you?

Khloe: Eh, no. I don't have that big of a family to invite. Everybody already lives here.

Oh, well, in that case...Happy Birthday, dear Khloe...


Huh?


Oh, that's right...Khloe was already an adult when she moved in. I forgot about that...

Khloe: Do I smell something burning?

I don't think so, no one's using the stove...oh, no...


Yup, just as I thought.

Bermuda: Haiti, get away from there!


I'm surprised the insurance company doesn't charge more for families with a "Whiz Kid" aspiration...

Bahama: Yeah, so Mom...I'm going to go to the park for awhile with Sage. Ok? Thanks. See you later...

Nice one, Bahama...


Looks like it was a good date, though.


Bahama: Oh, Bun-Bun, he's just the greatest boyfriend ever....you'll see.


Bahama: But don't worry, I still love you too...

You know, Bahama, I don't think giant stuffed rabbits are really that prone to jealousy. But in any case, it's about time for me to be moving on. I'll see all of you next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Not a lot of changes this week, except for Khloe's hair. I'm actually going to miss the pink-it made it so much easier to find her on community lots. Anyway, I finally figured out why Bermuda didn't age up the same day as Croix-apparently, in TS4 aging is paused while a Sim is pregnant. So, since Bermuda had two pregnancies and Croix did not, her aging fell behind his. (This also explains why Cirrus and Nimbus Flenderson didn't age up in the same round-Cirrus had an alien pregnancy and Nimbus did not.) Anyway, Bahama's childish trait is kind of fun to play with-she autonomously goes to play with the dollhouse and other toys more than Cyprus or Haiti do. It looks like I'm going to have to start building up Bermuda's handiness skill, because most of the fish she hasn't caught yet are found in the "Forgotten Grotto". I even sent her to Midnight Hollow to try and catch some new stuff, but other than that weird squid nothing else came up. And seriously, why does GeekCon have to take place on Tuesdays during school hours? They couldn't have at least extended it into the evening a little bit so kids could go?

No comments:

Post a Comment