Sunday, April 2, 2017

Kauker 2: Round 14



And we've done it! We've reached the last lot in Round 14! This one belongs to Galaxy Kauker and his girlfriend Leanna...(who is going to need a new outfit before things go any further).


Hi, guys!

Galaxy: Hi, mysterious voice.

Wow, it's...spacious in here.

Galaxy: Yeah, we know...I knew moving out on our own would be tough but I never realized it would be this tough...


Well, getting jobs would be a good first step. Going into music, Leanna?

Leanna: No, comedy.

Oh, ok...


Really? Another writer?

Galaxy: It's going pretty well for Planet...

I'm just going to call this part of town author's row...


Um...doing some light archeology before breakfast?

Leanna: Neither one of us goes to work until tomorrow. And even then, we're not going to be bringing home very much right away. So I'm digging up everything we can sell...


Galaxy: Lee, it's not that bad, I promise. You don't need to be out here in the dark digging up who-knows-what...

Leanna: But honey, I...

Galaxy: Come on, let's go back inside...


Whoa, ok, give me some warning at least...


Uh-huh...right on cue...


Leanna: Galaxy...I have something to tell you...I think I'm pregnant...

Galaxy: What?

You know, you guys really shouldn't act so surprised when this happens...


What are you reading?

Galaxy: Oh, just one of these trashy romance novels...you know, for ideas. Apparently they're all the rage right now.

Ideas...right. Where's Leanna?

Galaxy: At work...she was so nervous this morning. I think it finally hit her what being an entertainer meant...



Well, she seems to have done pretty well for herself. Nice job, Leanna.

Leanna: Thanks!


And I guess those ideas must have went over pretty well.


Oh, no...

Galaxy: Stupid thing...Hello? Repair service? How quickly can you get over here? I kind of need this computer to work...

I'm surprised you don't just invest in a replacement...

Galaxy: Replacing it costs $400, hiring someone to fix it costs about $120. You do the math.

I'm the mysterious voice, Galaxy. I don't do math.



And anyway, you might want to schedule that for a bit later, Galaxy. It's baby time!


At least the hospital seems to be functional again...


Leanna: Hi, um...this may sound weird, but...I'm about to have a baby...

Leanna, that's pretty much all this hospital does. I think it'd sound weird if you said pretty much anything else.


Leanna: Wait...what is that thing...

Doctor: This is your first, isn't it?

Leanna: How could you tell?

Doctor: Just relax...it'll be over before you know it...


It's a girl! Welcome, Gemini!


What's wrong? You know, most people are happy after they give birth...

Leanna: I just...don't know if I'm ready for this. I never spend much time around babies, you know...

Well, luckily for you, Galaxy is the oldest of four...

Leanna: Yes, but he works during the day...what if she starts crying and I don't know what to do? What if she gets taken away because I can't figure it out in time?

Relax...you'll be fine. For now, let's just get the kid home...


So, first day alone with the baby?

Leanna: Yeah...no big deal. I can do this...she looks happy, right? We're happy...

Yeah, for now she does...

Leanna: How will I know if she's not?

Seriously? Trust me, Leanna...you'll know...


Leanna: Come on...you stupid...

More plumbing trouble?

Leanna: Seriously? What is wrong with the water system in this town? These aren't cheap sinks, you know...

Yeah, I know.

Leanna: Maybe I can dig up enough to pay for a replacement before Galaxy gets home...


Leanna: There...look, Gemini...Mommy found you a new toy. Meet Grunk...

Gonk?

Leanna: Oh, they're these figures I've been finding when digging for crystals and stuff. It's actually pretty fascinating. Gonk is their caveman friend they found frozen in the arctic and thawed out...he's clumsy, but he's really strong, and...

I'm sorry, is this a toy for Gemini or for you?

Leanna: Well, for Gemini, of course. But you know, there's no harm in me learning about them...it'll help me play with her better once she gets older.

Uh-huh...right...


Leanna: And then, there's this mad scientist one, who created this really cranky robot...but they only made like, 1,000 of the robot because nobody liked him, I guess, so those are really rare...

Galaxy: (laughs) Where did you learn all this, Lee?

Leanna: Online. There are like, hundreds of forums devoted to these things...

Galaxy: You mean when you were supposed to be writing jokes for work?

Leanna: Oh, relax...I got some jokes written too. Besides, I don't go to work until next week. I have to take tomorrow off for the wedding, remember?


Finally got enough saved up?

Galaxy: Yeah, finally...we really should have done this before we moved out.


Galaxy: Hey, little guy! How's it going?

So I see we're back at the mansion.

Galaxy: Yeah, everybody's been going into the city recently. We wanted to mix it up a little.









Universe: Mom, come on, we just got a picture like this a Planet's wedding...it's not like we've changed that much.

Arielle: Just a few more...

Galaxy: Um...Mom? You may want to hurry up...I think we have a situation up here...


Arielle: It's ok, Asteroid...let's go back to the party...

So, is he enjoying himself?

Arielle: Not really...this place isn't really set up for him. We just had a little accident because I forgot there wouldn't be a potty chair here. 

Oh, so that's what Galaxy meant by "situation"...


Cirrus: Been a long time since we had a game of chess...remember how we used to play outside the house?

Galaxy: Yeah, I remember...seems like yesterday, doesn't it?

Asteroid: Daddy! 

Galaxy: Looks like your new partner wants in...

Well, as much as I hate to leave this warm family moment, it looks like the week is just about up. Congratulations, guys, and I'll see you next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And that's a wrap on Round 14! I cannot believe how far along this challenge has gotten-it's gone so quickly! I was actually kind of sorry Gemini didn't grow into a toddler before the end of the week, but I guess it was all for the best as having two toddlers at that wedding would have been interesting, to say the least. I have to say as far as in-game wedding venues go, I prefer Myshuno Meadows to the Chalet Gardens hands down. The mansion is really pretty, but it's set up like a museum, so there's nowhere for them to make food or drinks or even dance after the ceremony is over. 

And with that, we move on to round 15! Stand by for the Round 14 scorecard!

No comments:

Post a Comment