Saturday, April 1, 2017

Lytle 2: Round 14



Welcome to the first of two new households for round 14! This one belongs to Moss Lytle and his fiancee, Marylin. Moss is the eldest son of Charley and Cirrus, and Marylin is his high school sweetheart.


Um...am I interrupting anything?

Marylin: Oh, hi mysterious voice. No, you're not interrupting anything.

So, I can't help but notice there's...not much in here.

Moss: Well, we thought it was more important to have space than stuff. We can always add furniture as we go.


Glad to see you have a computer, though.

Marylin: Well, of course. How else would I get my writer career off the ground?

You too, huh?

Marylin: I've seen Adrianna putting her stuff in the mailbox. I know how much it brings in. And I also know how slow going the mixology career is...I can't just rely on Moss.


Although he seems to be doing pretty well for himself. Congratulations, Moss.

Moss: Thanks!


Marylin: I'm so proud of you...you know, it took Nemo a full week to get a promotion...

Moss: How do you know that?

Marylin: I'm at home all day and I write right by the window...

Moss: I think you could use a...diversion...


Ok, ok, I get it...I'll just go admire the scenery outside...


Anyone surprised? Anyone?


Marylin: Isn't it great?

Moss: But...how...we've only...

Marylin: I know, I know, it's really fast...but...can you believe it? We're going to be parents!


Marylin: This is really good! Are you sure you don't want to be a chef instead of a mixologist?

Moss: No, I'm much better at drinks, believe me. I'm glad you like it, though...I made a bunch so it can last us for awhile.

Marylin: That's what you think. This baby's already eating us out of house and home and it's not even here yet!


Moss: So, I was thinking that maybe we could go out one last time before the baby comes...

Marylin: Um...about that...


Looks like it's too late for that, Moss...


Alright, let's go see if that hospital has gotten its' act together.


Marylin: Hi...I called on the way over...I'm the one in labor...

Receptionist: Alright, dear. Have a seat and the doctor will be with you in a moment.

Marylin: But...I'm the only one here...


Doctor: Alright, just relax...it'll all be over in a few moments...


It's a girl! Welcome, baby Sprite!





Huh...she must take after Cirrus's side of the family.

Marylin: Come on, sweetheart. Let's get you home...


Marylin: There, now. It may not seem like much yet, but I promise we'll get it fixed up all nice for you...

She seems happy enough...

Marylin: What, you think I'm going to wait until she starts school to make her room nice like Adrianna did? No way. We're decorating now...


Moss: Hi, Mom! Glad you could make it!

Charley: Well, of course. It's my first grandchild, after all. Where is she?


Moss: Here she is...oh, no...

Charley: What?

Moss: I've got to go to work...Mom, do you mind...

Charley: Not at all. I actually kind of miss having babies around.

Moss: Never thought I'd hear you say that...


Nice going, Moss.

Moss: Thanks...


Already? That was fast.

Moss: I know!


Happy birthday, dear Sprite...





Aww, I like that hairstyle...and she seems to have inherited Marylin's vision issues, whatever they are.

Moss: Alright, sweetie...let's get you ready for Mommy and Daddy's big day!

Big day?


Oh, that's right...you guys never got married before you moved out...you're really bringing your toddler to your wedding?

Moss: What, like we'd just leave her at home?

Ok...just remember, most wedding venues weren't built with a toddler in mind.

Marylin: Don't worry, I'm bringing some snacks along.

Moss: And she'll have more than enough aunts and uncles to keep her occupied.


Marylin: Shouldn't we be heading down to the arch?

Moss: Just give it a few more minutes...I think there's some family gossip to catch up on.

Marylin: How long has it been since you've all seen each other?

Moss: Oh, not that long...but there's always something...


Marylin: But what if everyone else doesn't get down here in time?

Moss: Relax, they'll all get down here eventually...my family doesn't gossip for that long...


Marylin: I can't wait anymore...

Moss: Me either. They'll just have to run...









Moss: Alright honey, now the boring part's over...let's go inside to the party!

Sprite: I want cake!

Marylin: In a little bit...I promise...


Charley: Welcome to the family, dear...officially, anyway.

Marylin: Thanks, um...

Charley: Call me Mom. You know, Moss's dad and I never got married...we always said we would, someday, but then the kids started coming...

Marylin: Would you still want to?

Charley: Oh, I don't know...seems kind of redundant now, doesn't it? I think 5 kids are just as good as any wedding ring...

Marylin: Yeah, I guess so...


Moss: So, how's it feel to not be the youngest one at these things anymore?

Emerald: Eh, not that different....it's still boring here with nothing to play on.


Cirrus: So, which one of you is going to be next, huh? Both of you got girlfriends?

Pine: Yeah, things with Leia are going great...

Cirrus: What about you, Hunter?

Hunter: Um...they're alright, I guess. With...Leigh, I mean. Um...I'm going to go get something to drink...


Marylin: I think she's really enjoying herself!

She sure seems to be.


Marylin: This is really good! Did you bake this yourself?

Moss: Shh! I don't want anyone to know...

Marylin: What? Why?

Moss: Who bakes the cake at their own wedding?

Um...most people in this town, actually...


Charley: Do you want me to get you a piece of cake, sweetie?

Sprite: No! I can get it!

Pretty good reach for a toddler...



Sprite: Higher, Grandpa! Higher!

Ok, maybe this "bringing the toddler to the wedding" thing was a good idea...


Marylin: You ever wonder just what we married into?

Anna: Every day. And just think, these things are only going to get bigger once the rest of them get married off.

Marylin: Or once you and Forest start having kids...

Anna: Don't remind me...I think he's been plotting to take yours.

Well, as much fun as this has been, I've got to be moving on. I'll see all of you next round.



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Another short one, I know. There's usually not much to a household's first round. I guess I was a little premature when I said I was done with weddings for this round-I forgot that Moss and Galaxy didn't actually get married before moving out of their houses, just engaged. Having Sprite at the wedding was adorable, though. She got to meet everyone in the family in one shot, which with these guys is no small feat. One more lot to go in Round 14!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't written any comments in a while, but I just had to say that this chapter is so adorable! I love an independent toddler.

    ReplyDelete