Sunday, April 16, 2017

Palmer 1: Round 15



Last round was an eventful one for the Palmer family. With the triplets about to graduate from high school, all three of them focused on locking down their future mates. By the end of the week, both Merida and Eve had married their respective high school sweethearts Brett and Josiah, with both of them moving into the family home while Buzz and his girlfriend Susanna moved out to San Myshuno. Meanwhile, Madison joined stratus in elderhood.


Hi, guys!

Josiah: Huh? Oh, right. The weird voice. I almost forgot.

Oh, come on. It hasn't been that long since the wedding.

Eve: You know, she's right...we've barely even broken in our new bedroom...


Whoa, ok, ok...let me get out of the room first. Maybe I'll go check on the other two...


Or not. 



You know, just because you two are triplets doesn't mean you have to do everything in sync.


So, you don't exactly look thrilled about the news.

Josiah: Oh, no, I am. But I was just hoping I'd have a bit more time to settle on a career.

What were you thinking about?


Scientist?

Josiah: Yeah...what, is that bad?

No, it's just not what I would have taken you for...

Josiah: Well, to tell the truth, I'm really just in it for the lab. I heard there's all sorts of crystals and fossils to dig up out there.


Stratus: Honey, maybe you should slow down...

Madison: Oh, relax, will you? I'm fine...

Um, no, maybe you should take a break...you know, you don't have the stamina you used to...

Madison: What? Who said that?

Um...never mind that. Just promise me you'll take a break soon?

Madison: Ok, ok, I'll take a break. 


Ugh...You ok?

Brett: Oh, the rash? Yeah, I think I'm alright. It stopped itching.

Well that's good. I see you found the old woodworking bench.

Brett: Yeah, Madison said her...uncle used to use it? 

Eh...yeah, ok. That works.

Brett: Well, anyway, I thought it would be a good profession to take up. Then I can stay here at the house once we start having kids.


Well, Brett may be staying home but I think I'm going to follow Josiah to the lab. We haven't been there in awhile.


So how's your first day going?

Josiah: Fine, I guess. So far they just have me doing really basic stuff...I never thought I'd be gardening at a science lab.

Hey, horticulture is technically a science.


And I see you met the inventor robot.

Josiah: Yeah, but I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I hope I don't break the thing.


Josiah: Finally! I thought I'd never get a chance to get out here.

So, you're surprised that on your first day of work they asked you to...do work?


Looks like you did a good job, anyway. Congratulations...


Josiah: Huh?

What?

Josiah: There's some kind of weird light up there...

Wait, you should...


Oh, no...


Seriously, do the aliens have some sort of homing beacon? I feel like the only houses where abductions happen are houses that already have aliens in them...


Welcome home.

Josiah: Thanks...whoa, that was trippy. 

How do you feel?

Josiah: A little dazed...but ok, considering.

No...stomach issues?

Josiah: No...

Good, we already have enough pregnant Sims around here.


As I was saying...

Eve: I can't believe it! Look at us!

Merida: Who do you think is going to go into labor first? Me or you?


Um, how about both of you at the same time?


Looks like we're staying home for this one...probably a good idea. I don't think that hospital is set up for a double delivery.


Um...you're doing yoga while your wife's in labor?

Brett: It's calming me down, ok?


Madison: Remember...just remember to breathe and focus...

Merida: Mom, I'll be fine...


Looks like Eve's going first anyway...


It's a boy! Welcome, baby Flick!


And I can see he definitely takes after your side of the family.


Now it's Merida's turn...


It's another boy! Well, we did just have a spurt of girls, so I guess it balances out. Welcome, baby Hank!


And he takes after your side, too.

Stratus: Yeah, but I've never seen that shade before...not even on you, Madison.

Brett: Wait...what?

Merida: Um...maybe we should finish getting his room ready?

Brett: Oh, yeah...good idea.


He sure is a cute little guy, though.

Stratus: He really is.

Um, about downstairs...do Josiah and Brett not know that Madison is an alien?

Stratus: Well we've never mentioned it directly. Madison's been living in that makeup for so long, you know? It felt weird to bring it up now.


Well, at least this gives them plenty of material for their comedy acts. Nice going, Merida...


And that means Eve should be getting hers...


Uh-oh...





And in true Tranquility Creek tradition, he dies in the bathroom in front of a broken shower.


Goodbye, Stratus...another gen 2 Sim gone.


I guess this one is slightly less celebratory, but nice job, Eve.


Eve: (sigh) Yeah. Thanks anyway, though.


So how are things going at the lab?

Josiah: Fine, I guess. They have me mixing serums now. Not exactly my cup of tea-I actually had more fun with the weird robot thing. I don't know if I'm really cut out for this.


Well, your bosses sure seem to think so.


Madison: I just can't believe he's really gone...

I know, Madison.

Madison: I knew I was a bit younger than him, but I never really thought about what that meant until now...


What the...again?


I can see they were much more gentle with your landing. They must have recognized their own kind...or, half their own kind.

Merida: I guess...



And it looks like you got back just in time for a double birthday...after Josiah gets home from work, that is.


Josiah: This is awesome...

Oh, right...I forgot about that thing. Look, Josiah, I'm happy you're starting to have fun at work, but we kind of have to get home for the babies' birthday...

Josiah: Ok, ok...


Happy birthday, dear Flick...


Well, the trait is easy...


Aww, and he got his mom's hair! I really wasn't expecting that.


Happy birthday, dear Hank...



Yes! Two easy traits.


And I'm not sure about the sunglasses, but he's cute too.


I can't believe you guys each have a toddler already...

Eve: I know. I just wish Dad was still around to see...he would have loved playing with them.


Looks like you're doing a pretty good job of that yourself.


Merida: Come on, buddy...we can learn more words than Flick, can't we?

And I see the sibling competition has entered its' second generation. Unfortunately, it's just about time for me to be moving on. Keep it up, guys, and I'll see you next round.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Wow, this one took me a long time to write. I don't know what it is about this house, but for some reason it's always the hardest one to write for. I forgot how much I liked the active careers, but trying to keep up with Josiah and make sure Merida and Eve got their comedy writing in was a bit of a challenge. Anyway, I ended up having the babies at the house because there was no way I was going to go back and forth from the hospital twice. I like being able to follow them to the hospital but having them give birth at home is a nice change of pace every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment