Saturday, April 22, 2017

Flenderson 1: Round 15




Last round was a sad one for the Flenderson family. It started out nicely enough with younger daughter Lorelei entering toddlerhood. However, things took a sudden and depressing turn when both Confusion and then Sabrina died of old age. This put a damper on most activities, especially Misty's social endeavors for her political career-even with using Erica and Lorelei as living visual aids.



And I return to a toddler eating spaghetti with her hands on the couch. Great...


Although it looks like she won't be a toddler for that much longer.


Misty: So, I was thinking we'd have the party at the arcade...we'll just invite Brock and Isla...it'll be fun for the girls to have Viola there.

Aldo: Isn't Lorelei a little young to have her birthday away from home?

Misty: Maybe...but you're not.

Aldo: Me?


Aldo: Oh, right....

You forgot your own birthday?

Aldo: Almost. Yeah, I guess that arcade could be fun.

Misty: Great, we'll head over this afternoon.


So, it's a double birthday party? Can you do that?

Aldo: Well, not really. We're telling the arcade that the party is for Lorelei, but we'll just bring along two cakes. Once we're in the room I don't think there's much they can do.


Aldo: Come on, big girl...You go first.


Happy birthday, dear Lorelei...


(sigh) At least the trait she rolled will help.


And she looks just like her sister. May have to ditch the pigtails, though.


Ok, now let's do Aldo quick before the arcade catches on...Happy birthday Dear Aldo...


Huh, maybe we should have done Aldo's first. It's kind of anti-climactic after Lorelei's.


And see, now that you're all big we can do cute cousin pictures before we go home.


And it looks like we've got Lorelei's first big-girl outing all planned. Although I think I know why...something tells me this is Dad's idea.


Misty: So, remind me again why we're going to this thing?

Aldo: Look, you've been trying to secure votes from people for weeks. Maybe if you get your face out there, show up at some events, you know, enjoy yourself...people might be more willing to vote for you.

Misty: But the humor and hijinks festival? Is that really the best place to make an impression?

Aldo: Don't worry about making an impression. Just have fun with your family. Come on. It'll be fun! Plus the girls have been dying to see a fireworks show.

Misty: Well...ok, we'll go.


Um...I don't think Misty's going to like this...

Aldo: She won't even know. She's going to be so busy networking she won't even notice me.


Misty: So if you'll just vote for me, I promise I'll do whatever I can to make our families safe from any more unexpected changes...

Kaitlynn: I don't know...why should I trust you with my family when you can't even take care of yours?

Misty: Huh?

Tasha: Isn't that your husband going around pranking everybody? I mean, I know it's the humor and hijinks festival and all but...don't you think he's going a little overboard?

Kaitlynn: Yeah, I mean, if that's the guy you chose to be with...

Misty: What?


Misty: Aldo! What are you doing?

Aldo: ...

Misty: We came here for me to make a good impression on people and you're going around pulling pranks on everyone? I thought you were past this...

Aldo: Listen, I can explain...

Misty: Not now. I don't want to fight here and make things look worse. Come on, let's find the girls and go home.

Aldo: Just a few more minutes, Misty. I promised the girls they could see the fireworks.

Misty: (sigh) Ok, but as soon as they're over we are leaving! 


Erica: And then the duck said...

So I guess you two have just been telling jokes to each other all night?

Erica: Huh? No, what he said was...

Lorelei: Hey, look, the fireworks are starting!


I guess the jokes side won...


Erica: Wow!

Lorelei: They're so pretty!


Misty, what happened?

Misty: I don't want to talk about it, ok? Let's just go home...


So, that...didn't go as planned, huh?

Misty: That's an understatement. I just can't believe Aldo would do that! He knows what a tough time I've been having securing votes.

Well, you did know about that side of him...didn't you?

Misty: Yeah, back when we first met...but I thought he'd grow out of it by now. 

And I guess that whole thing with the firework didn't help matters either?

Misty: I don't want to talk about that part. Who lights a firework without warning people to move away?


So, um...before you start, I have one question...

Misty: (sigh) Fine, but make it quick...

Do you honestly still believe that you can undo this toddler thing?

Misty: Maybe not. But we can still figure out the reason behind it...and prevent anything else like it from happening again.

Uh-huh...the reason that even your disembodied neighborhood narrator doesn't know. 

Misty: Well, you don't know everything about what goes on here. You've said so yourself.

True, but...

Misty: Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a speech to make...


Hey, look, there's even people around this time.

Misty: Oh...so did you two enjoy the speech?

Onlooker 1: Well, actually, I was just walking into the gym and sat down to tie my shoe...I'm sure it was great, though...

Seriously, why is the speech area outside of a gym? This seems like horrible urban planning.

Misty: Huh, you'd think the disembodied narrator would have something to do with that...that's it, I'm going inside.


Misty: So, did either of you happen to hear my speech outside just now?

Gym Rat 1: That's what that was? I thought the speakers in here were broken.

Misty: No, we're trying to drum up support for researching what's been happening to our kids...

Gym Rat 2: Oh...what is that, again? I don't have any...I don't really pay attention to that stuff.

Misty: This whole...toddler thing?

Gym Rat 1: Oh, yeah...that is kind of weird.

Misty: Kind of weird? It's a complete uprooting of our society. But I'm trying to get on the city council and convince them to launch an investigation.

Gym Rat 2: Can the city council do that?

Misty: Um...well, they'll be able to once I'm on it!

Gym Rat 2: So, you'll be able to investigate why that one section of town doesn't have any grass?

Gym Rat 1: Yeah, that's so weird...you know what I heard? I heard it's the science lab.

Gym Rat 2: Oh, yeah! You should totally investigate the science lab. 

Misty: Um...sure! Yeah! The science lab! Believe me, I'll get it all on the council's agenda...

Gym Rat 1: Sounds good to me. I'm down. I've never understood what that council did anyway.

Gym Rat 2: Yeah, I'll totally vote for you.


Aldo: Wow, that actually sounds like music!

Erica: Huh?

Aldo: I mean...you sound great, honey!

Erica: When's Mom coming home? How long does it take her to make a speech, anyway?

Aldo: Well, it's not just the speech, Erica. Afterwards she has to talk to all the people who watched it...assuming anyone did this time.

Erica: Dad...

Aldo: I know, I know. Do me a favor and don't tell your mom I said that.


Huh, I guess those extra promises at the gym paid off.

Misty: What extra promises?

About those extra investigations? Do you really plan to take down the science lab?

Misty: Well...yes! I mean, that just came out of nowhere, too! Who says they're not related?


How's the woodworking coming along?

Aldo: Pretty good, actually. I just figured out how to make a bathtub...we don't really need any more, but it's still kind of cool. 

How are things with Misty?

Aldo: Well, better than the other night. But she still seems pretty mad at me.

Well, can't say I didn't warn you...


Aldo: Congratulations on the promotion, honey.

Misty: Well, it's no thanks to you...

Aldo: I'm really sorry about that, Misty. You know I am.

Misty: Aldo, you really need to think about these things more carefully. I'm a public figure. I'm trying to convince people that I can help their families, and then my husband...

Aldo: Um...Misty?

Misty: What?

Aldo: I'm not your husband.

Misty: Oh...yeah, that's right. We never did get married, did we?

Aldo: No. We were going to, but then you got...

Misty: Got pregnant with Erica. Right...well, there's nothing saying we can't get married now!

Aldo: Now...like, right now?

Misty: No, not right now. But in a few days.

Aldo: I guess...if you think it's really necessary...

Misty: Great! I'll make all the arrangements. All you have to do is show up.

Aldo: Um...great...


Misty: Wow, that sounds amazing! I'm so proud of you, sweetheart.

Erica: Thanks. I've been practicing really hard.

Misty: I can't believe you're almost a teenager...

Wait, she is?

Misty: Yes, of course....don't you normally know when it's our birthdays?

Normally, yes...

Erica: It's alright. It's not that big of a deal...

Misty: Yes it is. Now, I'm going to be in the city all day, but don't worry. I've got an awesome party planned for after school.

Erica: Ok, mom...whatever you say.

Misty: What? I do.


Um...this doesn't look like you "have the party planned..."

Misty: (sigh) Ok, if you want to get technical...Hi, is this the bowling alley? Yeah, I'd like to talk about having a birthday party there for my daughter...how many kids? Um...let's see...how many can fit in the room? What if we squeeze in an extra chair by the punch bowl? Oh, they're just kids-how much room could one more take up?



Well, while Misty finishes her calculations let's get over to the bowling alley ourselves.


Erica: Wow! There's so many kids here...I'm not sure I even know some of them!

Yeah, well, evidently I don't either since I labeled Amethyst as Garnet...

Cyprus: Happy birthday, Emily...

Erica: It's Erica...but thanks!


Viola: This is such a cool party! I can't wait to try bowling again later!

Clam: I've never done it...is it hard?

Viola: Nah. It's pretty easy...I hope they make it all glow-y again though. That was cool.

Erica: I think they will. My mom asked them to. She even had them put my name on the wall!


Yeah, I can see that. What'd you do, Misty? Invite every kid in the neighborhood? 

Misty: I hope so...I'd hate to have left anyone out. Come on, kids. Time for the cake!


Happy birthday, dear Erica...


Another joke star...well, at least the music skills will help with the first few career levels.


Well, that's certainly an...interesting outfit.

Erica: I brought a change of clothes with me.

Ahh, good.


All right, well, now that the cake's done let's hit the bowling lane! With this many kids we'll probably need to take them all.


Hope: We are totally going to win! We've got a high schooler on our team now.

Corellia: Yeah, we'll see...


Corellia: Whoa!

Maybe party shoes aren't the best choice for the bowling lane?


Aldo: Well, I think that went pretty well...

Misty: Yeah, I just hope we didn't wear ourselves out for tomorrow...

What's tomorrow?

Misty: Our wedding?

Wait, you're having a birthday party and a wedding back to back? This is a lot of party in one week...


Aldo: Wow...

Erica: What?

Aldo: I just can't believe I have a teenage daughter.

Erica: I know...and all before getting married.

Aldo: I know, it's a little weird. But it means a lot to your mom. You got your dress all picked out?

Erica: Yeah, it's all ready.

Aldo: Honey, now that you're all grown up and all...I was wondering if I could ask you a favor. I'd like you to play piano at the wedding...

Erica: In front of people?

Aldo: Not like as a performance....just as background music. If you don't want to I understand...

Erica: No, I'll do it...I've just never played in public before.

Aldo: Well, just remember-your mother will be there so chances are nobody will even be looking at you.

Erica: Ha! That's true...


Alright, one more party to go...man, I'm getting exhausted just watching all these.


Aldo: So...who are all these people?

Misty: Oh, they're just some of my supporters...

Aldo: I thought weddings were usually a family event.

Yeah, so did I...

Misty: Brock and his family are coming too! But I wanted to do something to thank people for supporting me.

Aldo: This wouldn't have anything to do with making sure they see you get married, would it?

Misty: Of course not...Ok, kind of...but they're really nice people, Aldo. I promise. Come on, let's just get to the arch...

















Lorelei: So, what was it like when your mom and dad got married?

Viola: Um...I don't know. They did that before I was born.

Lorelei: What? But what fun is that? You didn't even get to go! You should ask them to do it again so you can go this time.


Misty: Everybody having a good time?

Giovanna: Oh, yes, we're having a lovely time. Thank you so much for inviting us...

Misty: It was the least I could do to thank you for your support of my...I mean, our cause.

Reiko: Speaking of which, is that your daughter at the piano? She's fantastic.

Misty: Yes...she really is, isn't she?

Giovanna: What did you do?

Misty: Excuse me?

Giovanna: You know, to help her. Obviously you must have gotten her some outside help after she was held back like that if she's so talented now.

Misty: Oh, um...you know, nothing special. We just made sure to really focus on her skills once she did reach school age...


Wow, looks like Erica's drawing quite a crowd.

Erica: This is...weird. Who are all these people?

Truthfully, I'm not entirely sure. But they seem to love your playing.


Well, this seems to have gone rather well. But if you'll excuse me, I think I'm a bit partied out for the time being. It's about time for me to be on my way. I'll see you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Whew! That was a lot of parties in one week. I almost had a social hangover just from watching all of them. Erica didn't get a birthday notice for some reason, but her age bar said 0 days to age up so I figured I'd throw the party anyway rather than risk missing it. And I'll say it again-the political career in TS4 is hard. I'm kind of regretting choosing it now because it seems all Misty does is spend all day getting rejected by potential voters-you'd think at least some of the townies would agree with her political views! 

No comments:

Post a Comment