Saturday, April 1, 2017

Rowan 1: Round 14



Last round, Nemo and Adrianna moved into their new home. Nemo entered the culinary career, while  Adrianna took up writing. Adrianna soon became pregnant, and Nemo's family tendency towards multiples came roaring back when she gave birth to twins, Athena and Hermes.


Adrianna: What are you doing up, buddy?

Heremes: Bad dream!

Adrianna: Aww, come on, I'll read you a story before I go to work. I just finished a new book this morning-you can hear it before anyone else! Isn't that cool?

Hermes: Yeah!


I guess they liked the new book?

Adrianna: I guess so.


What are you up to, Athena?

Athena: Kitty!

I can see that...


Adrianna: So, long story short, they offered me a publishing contract...

Nemo: Awesome! So what are you going to write?

Adrianna: Well, I've been doing pretty well with the children's books but I think I want to branch out a bit...

Nemo: As long as you keep the kids books coming around here. The twins seem to love them.

Adrianna: How about you? How's work going?

Nemo: Ugh...so boring. I think I got too much practice in at home. I just can't wait until I get promoted higher so I can try out some fancier recipes.


Adrianna: So, how were they?

Faith: Well, they were very well behaved, but...

Adrianna: What?

Faith: They seem to be very competitive with one another. If I did anything with one, I had to do it immediately with the other or they'd throw a fit.

Adrianna: Huh...I haven't noticed that...

Faith: It seems like it's come out of nowhere, but it might be worth keeping an eye on it. Sibling rivalry can last a lifetime, you know.


Nemo? What are you doing?

Nemo: Cleaning up...

In the picnic area?

Nemo: Yes! We can smell this all the way in our house. We must have some very sloppy neighbors....


Wow, good week for you!

Adrianna: I know. But truthfully the salary is nothing next to the publishing royalties.


Nemo: Look out, it's Super Girl...

Hermes: Me too!

Nemo: Hold on, buddy, I can't lift both of you at once...


Nemo: Hello? Oh, hey Eve. No, I'm fine, just playing with the twins...sure, we'd love it if you stopped by...


Nemo: It's great to see you!

Eve: You too! Where are the kids?

Nemo: Oh, they're around here somewhere...come on in, I just made a dessert...


Hermes: I have some?

Eve: Sure, buddy...

Is it really a good idea to give a toddler dessert in the middle of the day?

Eve: Hey, he's not my kid-I can go home when the sugar high hits. Plus, I'm gunning for favorite aunt...



Hey, you guys got a bar!

Nemo: Yeah, I needed to practice some mixology for work...

Hermes: Daddy! Make one for me!

Athena: Me first!

Nemo: Hold on, guys...you're both still a bit too little for anything from this...


But not for much longer, it seems.


I guess the practice paid off, though.


Congratulations, Nemo.

Nemo: Thanks.


Aww...competitive or not, they seem to like each other.


Making breakfast?

Nemo: Nope. Just getting a head start for our party later.

Party?


Nemo: Yup. It's the twins' birthday, I just got promoted...seemed like a good time to invite the family over.

Plus it gives you a chance to show off?

Nemo: Maybe.


Nemo: Hi, guys! Make yourself at home! Everything will be ready in a few minutes!

Nemo, you've been cooking since this morning...how much more is there to make?

Nemo: I didn't want to make the salad too early...


Eve: Hi, Athena...

Athena: Cake?

Eve: (sigh) All right, come on. I'll go get you a piece...but this is between you and me, alright?


Eve: Wow, Mom...that's quite a dress.

Madison: I know, I really should get something more age-appropriate...

Actually, I think you still kind of pull it off...I guess all that exercise paid off.

Nemo: Alright, everyone, it's almost time for...


Oh, come on....


It hadn't even been 24 hours since the message popped up! Sorry, Athena...


Alright, let's do the other one quick...wow, that's a very fancy cake for a toddler.

Adrianna: Nemo wasn't too inspired about the blue confetti one.

I see. Well, anyway...Happy birthday, dear Hermes...


At least they both lucked out with the trait lottery.


And that's...not an awful outfit. Although I think the pink glasses might be a bit much.

Nemo: Hey, guys...let's go out and take a family picture...



Hey, even Aunt Blair came over...

Stratus: Do we have to do this...

Madison: Oh, will you relax? It's just a picture...

Nemo: Adrianna, you got it, honey?

Adrianna: Yes, I got it...I think...



I like the new room...chess table and everything.

Hermes: Thanks...

Athena: I got a new room too...


I can see that. Well, I'll let you guys get settled into your new spaces. I'll see you all next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: A short one for these guys. I really, really didn't mean to miss Athena's birthday. I had a cake baked for her and everything! I assumed that I had a full 24 hours from when the message popped up-I guess not. Only two more lots in Round 14-we're closing in on the home stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment