Monday, March 2, 2015

Bernard 1: Round 1



It's time to meet the second starting family of Tranqulity Creek! Meet the Bernards.


Newlyweds Erin and Matthew were looking forward to staring their lives together. They didn't plan on Erin's father, Carl, as well as Matthew's parents, Roger and Judith, coming along for the ride. 


Hi, guys!

Matthew: Who said that?

Judith: Ah, that's just the melancholy voice. I heard her over at the Hannon's house.

It's mysterious voice, Judith.

Judith: Whatever.

Erin: Um...can we help you?

No, no. Just go about your business. I promise, you'll barely notice I'm here.

Carl: Technically you're not here.

See?


Looks like we've got another chef in the making...


As well as another writer...


And an...astronaut?

Carl: I've always wanted to be an astronaut.

Well...good for you for following your dreams, but are you sure that's a good choice for an elder?


Matthew being an athlete actually makes more sense.


And Erin is...um...digging up rocks in the backyard.

Erin: They're fossils. You wouldn't believe the cool stuff you can find around here.


Oh, good. I was wondering when something was going to catch on fire. Um...why aren't I hearing an alarm go off?


Wow, Erin, you're putting out the fire yourself?

Erin: I would be, if Dad wasn't in the way.

Wouldn't it be safer to wait for the fireman?

Erin: ...What is that? A man made out of fire? I don't see how that would help...

Man, this really is a different dimension.



Not feeling so hot?

Erin: No, I'd better take a pregnancy test.

Yeah, that'd be a good...wait, what?



So let me get this straight...you just found out you were pregnant before you second trimester.

Erin: Well of course I did. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go tell Matthew!


Erin: Matthew, wake up! I have big news!

...Did you just wake up your husband to tell him...

Erin: Shh! I want to say it! We're going to have a baby!

Matthew: (yawn) A baby...great...what time is it, again?


Um...let's cram.


Oops...


Man, looks like it was a bad day for everyone...


Everyone except Matthew, that is.

Matthew: Thanks!

And now that you're awake, are you any more excited for the baby?

Matthew: Once I woke up and fully processed it, sure!


Roger: You know, Erin's outside fishing and Matthew's asleep...why don't you meet me back in our bedroom?

Oh, what I wouldn't give for some sort of distraction right now...


That will do nicely. Looks like Erin's in labor!



Matthew: Oh no...what do I do? Do I get hot water? I think I need hot water...

Why on Earth would you need hot water?

Matthew: I don't know but whenever I see people getting ready to have babies on TV they always need hot water for something!


Looks like Erin's calmer, at least.

Carl: Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?

Erin: No, not this time. I'm much more comfortable here at home...


Whoa, where'd the cradle come from?

Erin: Man, for an omnipotent voice there's a lot you don't know. They send them to all expectant mothers.

I never said I was omnipotent...I said I was mysterious. Big difference.


And we have our first Tranquility Creek baby-and it's a boy!


He sure is a cute little guy. What's his name?

Erin: I think I'll call him Trinidad.

Cute and tropical.


So, I can't help but notice that Trinidad's still in his cradle in the kitchen.

Roger: We'll build him a room once he grows up, but there's just no money for it right now. Besides, it's easier if he's kind of in the middle of everything.

I guess that makes sense.


Man, right back to fishing after having a baby. You bounce back fast, Erin.

Erin: Well, Trinidad won't be a baby in that cradle forever. We're going to have to build another room soon and we need all the money we can get.


Looks like Carl's helping out in that department...


...as is Judith. Now, as much as I would like to hang around I have to be moving on to the next house. See you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And that's a wrap for house two! I ended up rolling a lot of elders at the start of this one, so you'll notice there's a lot of live-in grandparents. It's a good thing elders can have regular jobs in this game. Congratulations go to Judith on starting the town's first fire. On another note, I love the little touch they added of Sims waking up their partners to tell them they're pregnant. And it looks like we've got our first naming theme for Tranquility Creek as well. (Now I've got to think up themes for two challenges...what have I gotten myself into?)


No comments:

Post a Comment