Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Palmer 1: Round 1


Next up we've got the Palmer family.


Betty and Gerald Palmer were once curators of a major metropolitan museum. However, Gerald's temperament wasn't the best for working with the public, and after a particularly rough encounter with a patron he was "offered" early retirement and moved to Tranquility Creek, bringing along their twin daughters Megan and Emily and Megan's daughter Addison. Unlike their parents, both Megan and Emily aspired to more creative things, especially Megan whose dream was to be a stand up comedian.


Oh, come on. Don't tell me you guys have been waiting for me too.

Megan: Um, were we not supposed to do that?

No. You don't need to meet me on the sidewalk. I can let myself in.


Addison: Grandma, guess what?

Betty: What?

Addison: I made a new friend today. It's a tree!

Betty: A tree? Addy, you're so silly. You're just like your mom.


Looks like Megan is getting her foot into the entertainer career.


Man, there's going to be a lot to eat around here in a few rounds.


Or perhaps a lot to drink. I take it you're more into...um, beverages, Emily?

Emily: Yup. 


Gerald: Ahh, another great specimen!

So I take it you're into science.

Gerald: I love the beauty of our natural world. There's so much out here to find. 


Addison: Hey, you know that tree over by the river with the weird colors on its trunk? It talked to me!

Aiden: You're making that up.

Addison: No, really! It did! 


Why not let your sister handle the cooking, Megan? After all, she's the one in the culinary career.

Megan: Oh, she's never up this early. She usually doesn't wake up until about noon.


Gerald: When are you going to give up this entertainer nonsense and get a real job?

Megan: Dad, I told you...

Gerald: And another thing! When are you going to set that daughter of yours straight? She's still going around telling people about talking to trees and whatnot. It's nonsense. If she doesn't start living in the real world she'll never make it out there.



Addison: You believe me, don't you Uni?

So Addison...this tree, what does it say to you, exactly?

Addison: Well, we talk about it's pretty leaves. And I tell it all about school, and my other friends.


Emily: Doesn't anybody else want some of these? They're awesome.

You sure do mix a lot of drinks.

Emily: Well, I have to practice for work. And at least mixing drinks won't start fires like cooking will.

Can't argue with you there.


What's wrong, Addison?

Addison: (sniff) Grandpa yelled at me again for talking about the tree.

Can you take me to see this tree? It sounds intriguing.

Well, ok...it's just outside of our yard.


Well, you were right. That is certainly an interesting looking tree, and it doesn't look like any of the others around here.

Addison: I know, right? Tree, meet the mysterious voice.

Um...hi, tree.


Addison: Mom, I took the mysterious voice to meet the tree today! She saw it too!

Megan: Honey, we all know the tree is really there. But you're the only one who's heard it talk. It's great that you have such a good imagination...

Addison: But I didn't imagine it!


Um, you look less than thrilled about the promotion, there Megan.

Megan: I'm just tired. I'm going to go take a nap. Can you do me a favor and keep an eye on Addison?

I know just where to find her...


Um, Addison? Was there a gaping hole in this tree yesterday?

Addison: No...I'm going inside!

Addison, wait...


Addison: Whoa!

Um...where are we?

Addison: Inside the tree, silly!


There's a pond inside a tree?

Addison: Look at all the neat fish and frogs! Maybe I can catch some and bring them back for Grandpa! He loves this stuff.


What kind of fish is that?

Addison: I don't know...maybe it's called a Tree Fish.


Addison: There are so many of them!

You should probably head home soon. Your mom is going to be worried.


Addison: Mom! Mom! You'll never guess what happened! The tree let me go inside it, and there was this meadow, and a pond, and...

Megan: Ok, ok. Slow down...


Addison: And there were all these plants, and everything was kind of pinkish...


Betty: Were there any frogs?

Addison: There were some frogs, but they were really slippery. I caught some cool fish, though!


At least playing in this tree isn't affecting your schoolwork.

Addison: Yeah. I wrote a story about it for creative writing and my teacher loved it.



Uh-oh...looks like Gerald is less impressed.

Gerald: For the last time! Trees do not talk, do you hear me? You cannot catch fish inside of them, either. Stop making up such ridiculous stories and start focusing on what's really important!


Congrats, Emily.

Emily: Thanks. Ugh, is Dad yelling at Addison again?

Unfortunately yes.

Emily: Time for more practice for the next promotion.

I think that's a good cue for me to head out. I'll see you guys next round.


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: Man, I have never said this about a Sim before but...I cannot wait until Gerald dies of old age. Gerald rolled the "mean" trait, and boy does it show. He autonomously yells at and insults everyone, even Addison. I'm pretty sure if I wasn't canceling out his interactions he would be enemies with everybody by now. I absolutely love Addison, though, and her grandfather being so mean to her probably helped that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment