Sunday, March 22, 2015

Palmer 1: Round 2



Last round, twins Megan and Emily moved in with their parents Betty and Gerald along with Megan's daughter, Addison. Gerald quickly demonstrated his grouchy demeanor by yelling at anyone within earshot, including Addison, about anything that displeased him-especially his daughters' career choices and his granddaughter's excessive imagination. As it turned out, however, Addison's "stories" ended up being true as she discovered a secret spot inside a strange tree.


Hi, guys!

Betty: Hi, mysterious voice!

How's everything been going?

Betty: Oh, just fine.


How's the music practice going?

Megan: Well, I haven't gotten an threatening phone calls from the neighbors in awhile so I think I'm getting better.


Megan: So are you going to talk to the tree today?

Addison: No, not today. I'm playing with my new friend Ryan.

Megan: Oh, that's nice. Just let me know if you leave the neighborhood, ok?

Addison: I don't think we are-I think we're just going to hang out in the yard.


Addison: Look! That one looks like a bunny!

Aww, you two are adorable!


Still at it with the bar?

Emily: Well, it's better than practicing for work by cooking.

And the fact that you end up with a whole bunch of drinks is just a nice side effect?

Emily: Hey, if anybody else wanted them they could have them too...


Hi, Gerald. How's it going?

Gerald: Ugh, nobody cleans up around here except me. This house is a pigsty...

Glad to hear it.


And who is this?

Megan: This is Jakob. We've been talking while you were away.

Uh-huh...um, do me a favor? Don't get to attached.

Megan: Why?

You can do better. Trust me.


Looks like Emily's been on the hunt too. 


Betty: Oh, come on!

What?

Betty: The TV broke.

Reginald: It was right in the middle of the game! Doesn't anything work around here?

Um, you don't live here.


Well, at least all that bartending is paying off. Congrats, Emily.

Emily: Thanks.


Now...Megan, meet Finley.

Megan: Hi...you are kind of cute.

Finley: Thanks!


Back at the tree?

Addison: Mommy keeps bringing that Finley guy over. I'm worried she's going to marry him.

Well, would that be so bad? Finley's a nice guy.

Addison: I don't want to have a new Daddy. I like things the way they are now.


Catching any tree fish?

Addison: Yeah, but I'm not bringing them home. 


Well, it looks like it's a good week work-wise...


Maybe Addison should have been worried about her aunt...








Megan: So, since we're in the moving mood and everything...





Ok, while I'm thrilled that both of you have found love, this house is just not meant for a family of this size.


Betty: Wait...how did you just get us a new house? We didn't even move.

That's right. Apparently I have the ability to do that here.


Welcome home, Addison! Congratulations!

Addison: Thanks...um...what happened to our house?

Well, funny story...


Oh, great. Let's add to the trauma...








Can't say I'm going to miss Gerald that much...


Looks like another 2 for 1 deal for Grimmy...


Grimmy: Man, I'm making great time! This is the most efficient town ever!


Bye, Gerald and Betty!


Addison: I hate this week! First Mom and Aunt Emily both have boyfriends move in, then Grandma and Grandpa die!

I know, honey. It will be ok.


Ok, you two. If you're going to move in and traumatize the kid, you at least have to pull your weight. 


At least something good happened for Addison this week.


Finley: Why do you look so sad?

Addison: Well, if you have to know...it's my birthday today.

Finely: Aren't kids usually happy about their birthdays?

Addison: Yeah, but Mom's at work. She was supposed to help me have a party and bake me a cake.

Finely: I'll bake you a cake!

Addison: You can bake?


Looks like Reginald shares Emily's love of the bar...

Reginald: All these little brats running around...I need this. 

Something tells me Reginald isn't too keen on kids.


Addison: Wow, this cake looks great!


Happy birthday, dear Addison...





Not bad!

Addison: Thanks!

Now, I've got to be heading on my way. I'll see you guys next round...


And it looks like we haven't seen the last of Gerald after all.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: A lot of changes around here, that's for sure. I have to admit, I'm not in love with Finley or Reginald yet though they do shake up the lot a bit. Reginald actually has the "hates children" trait, so as you can imagine Addison's birthday party wasn't his favorite time. And I also loved that, while Megan, Emily, and Addison were constantly mourning Betty, nobody cried over Gerald's urn all week. (Maybe that's why his ghost is angry...) I also discovered another favorite feature of TS4-being able to download and replace a house from the gallery from within the game without having to move the family out first!

No comments:

Post a Comment