Friday, March 13, 2015

Bernard 1: Round 2



Last round, Erin and Matthew had just moved into a new home with their parents, Erin's father Carl and Matthew's parents Judith and Roger. Although the financial situation wasn't great, Erin and Matthew soon welcomed their first child, a baby boy named Trinidad.


And we get to start the week with someone on fire! Great.

Erin: Hang on...I'm coming.


Erin: Of course..now the sink breaks once the fire's out.

It looks like you've got a lot of cleaning to do there.

Erin: Well, of course. Today's Trinidad's birthday! I don't want him growing up in a dirty kitchen.

It is?


Wait, he's becoming a what?





Um, did I miss something?

Trinidad: I don't think so...

But...you're like...ready for school.

Trinidad: Yeah...

Um, where's your mom?

Trinidad: Out back fishing.


Congrats Erin...

Erin: Thanks.

So, um...about Trinidad...he's a child.

Erin: I know.

But this morning he was a baby.

Erin: Yeah...that's how kids grow up. Why?

Well, see...where I come from there's this other thing that happens in the middle. They're still kind of babies, but they can walk...

Erin: That sounds horrible! They'd get into everything! I can't imagine trying to take care of one of those. What kind of crazy place are you from, anyway? First you tell us about men made of fire, now this?


So, I guess Trinidad needs a room now...or is he still going to sleep in the kitchen?

Trinidad: Nope! I'm getting my own room. Mom says it's going to be awesome!

Carl: Meanwhile I'm still sleeping in a closet...



Trinidad: This is so cool! I love dinosaurs!

Erin: I'm glad you like it, honey. Now hurry up-it's almost time for you to get ready for school.


Erin: Can you believe he's in school already?

Matthew: I know, it seems like just yesterday he was in the cradle in the kitchen...

Um, that's because he was.

Erin: He's growing up so fast.

Matthew: Do you want to, maybe...

Erin: Try for another?

Ok, I'm getting out of here.


Besides, it looks like I'm needed more out here. Judith, do you really think culinary is a good career choice for you? You don't seem to have much luck in the kitchen.


Judith: Isn't having me look up the answers on the computer cheating?

Trinidad: No, no...it's allowed. The teacher said so.

Somehow I doubt that...


What's wrong?

Erin: I just took a pregnancy test. I'm not pregnant. I was so sure!


Matthew: It's ok, we can always try again.

Erin: I know. I just really had my hopes up.

Matthew: Why don't you take Trinidad to the park this afternoon while I go to work?

Erin: Yeah, that might cheer me up.


It sure seems to have cheered Trinidad up, that's for sure. Although I don't know that he needed it.


Nice! Congrats, Matthew. Sorry about the llama suit, though.

Matthew: How did you know?

You're not the only mascot in town...


Judith: Have a good day, dear.

Roger: I will. I have a good feeling about today.


Huh...guess he was right about that.


Although I don't think his good feeling included this.








At least Grimmy can get a three for one special...





And then this happened. I didn't even know Death could be flirty...


Nice!


You don't seem to happy about your report card.

Trinidad: I'm still sad about Grandma and Grandpa...and Grandpa.

Yeah, I know.


It looks like your dad is a sad llama too. Whoever heard of a sad sports mascot?

Matthew: It's days like this I'm glad I have this mask over my face.


Erin: I know you're sad, honey. But they'll always be with you in your heart, you know that.

Trinidad: Yeah, I know.


And it looks like they'll be with us in another way, too! Unfortunately, it's time for me to move along. See you next round, Bernards!


 A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Another lot, another wave of old age deaths. I actually was planning on having Erin and Matthew have another child this week, but after witnessing 3 deaths in a row, they were too sad to try. And yes, I do find babies becoming children a bit odd. However I have to say I'm not missing the toddlers as much as I thought I would. I actually get used to both switching back and forth between this and TS2. I get used to having toddlers in TS2, but then I play TS4 for awhile and I get used to not having them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment