Monday, March 2, 2015

Howard 1: Round 1

Next up is a bit of a change of pace with the Howard family.



Brother's Justin and Patrick Howard each have different goals in life. Patrick, the older of the two, wants to find the love of his life while younger brother Justin wants to find his fortune. Can the two of them achieve their goals while living under one roof?


Hi, there guys! Allow me to introduce myself. I'm...

Justin: The mysterious voice.

Patrick: We know.

Um, are you two ok?

Justin: We saw the Bernards talking to thin air...and we kind of knew you'd be here next.

Patrick: So we came out here to wait for you...we've been waiting awhile, and...

Look, I appreciate the welcome wagon but will you two please go use the bathroom before you make yourselves sick?


Looks like Justin's getting into the business world...


...and Patrick's entering the tech guru field. Because that's how you win over the ladies...

Patrick: Actually, about that...

What?

Patrick: I kind of met somebody already. I invited her over earlier, and I'd appreciate it if you didn't scare her off.

You...met someone?


Patrick: Hi, Maura!

Wait, who's Maura?

Maura: Oh, is that voice at your house now?

Patrick: Don't worry, she won't bother us.

Yeah, don't mind me. I'll just be over here...

Maura: It kind of bothers me that when you say "over here" I don't know where that is.


Patrick: Look, that one looks like a bunny!

Maura: Um, I guess so...


Patrick: Say, Maura...I know you don't live in town, but I was wondering...would you maybe want to move in here?

Maura: Move in? With you? And your brother?

Patrick: Yeah...I mean, it won't be weird with Justin here. I promise. He's really into work.

Maura: Well, this place is better than where I live now. I guess it could work.

Patrick: Oh, wow...I'm so excited. I could kiss you!


Maura: Oh, and you are...

Tone it down a little, Patrick...


Tone it down a lot, Patrick!

Patrick: Maura, will you marry me?


Maura: Look, Patrick, I really like you but this is moving a bit too fast. Maybe we should just stick to moving in together for now...


Maura: Patrick, is that you under the blankets?

Patrick: Go away! I'm hiding from everyone.

Maura: Oh, come on. Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic?


Patrick: So, you still want to be my girlfriend?

Maura: Yes. But I would like to be your girlfriend for a little longer than 5 minutes before we get married. You've been watching too many animated movies.


Well, if Maura's going to live here with Justin too she's going to have to pull her weight. Painting might be pretty profitable.


Maura: What is this place?

Patrick: It's this new nightclub. I thought it would be a great setting for our first official date.


Maura: I'm really having a great time.

Patrick: Me too. 


Justin: Um...so that girl you took out last night is still here.

Patrick: You mean Maura? She lives here now.

Justin: What? Dude, you've got to run stuff like that by me.


Don't worry, Justin. At least she's contributing.


And congrats to you as well.

Justin: Yes, it's amazing what can happen when you focus on your work.


Let's hope this goes better this time...


Looks like it did! 


Man, engagement and a promotion. Great day for you!

Patrick: I know! I can't wait to tell Justin, but he's out talking to this girl...

Oh, no...here we go again...


(clears throat)

Justin: Oh, hi...weird voice. This is Marlene. We just bumped into each other out here and we've been hitting it off...



I can see that.


So any big plans for you two?

Justin: Well, actually...I haven't exactly told Patrick this yet but...

Marlene: I'm moving in!


Wow, that bachelor pad didn't last very long, did it?


And we've got another writer. Luckily Marlene brought some money with her so they can buy a decent computer.


Justin: I know this is incredibly fast, but...will you marry me?


Looks like Marlene isn't quite as level headed as Maura.


And it also looks like we get to end the week here with two weddings! Justin and Marlene, you're up first.








And now it's Patrick and Maura's turn.

Patrick: Don't we at least get a different arch?

Sorry, that was kind of the point of doing the weddings on the same day.








And with that, I have to be moving on to the next house. You guys enjoy your respective honeymoons and I'll see both happy couples next round.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: I know, a house with no children? What craziness is this? Patrick actually already had a romantic relationship with Maura when I loaded the lot-not a very strong one, but it was there. (I've read that this is a common "bug" but in this case it was actually quite convenient). These guys are also much better off financially than any other house, since Maura and Marlene each added $20,000 when they moved in. And the only reason I didn't have an actual wedding party is that these guys didn't know enough people to justify throwing one. I really like the wedding parties in TS4, but it helps if your Sims have friends to invite.

No comments:

Post a Comment