Monday, March 16, 2015

Howard 1: Round 2



Last round, brothers Justin and Patrick moved into their new home. By the end of the week, both had found wives; Maura for Patrick and Marlene for Justin (Not Melena. Sorry, had a Tranquility Bay flashback there.)


Hi, Marlene.

Marlene: Oh, hi mysterious voice.

May I ask what you're doing?

Marlene: I was on my way to cook breakfast and I heard this amazing song on the radio...I just had to dance to it.

Yeah...because that's perfectly normal behavior at 5 AM.


Oh, great. Another fire.


Justin: Don't worry, honey. I've got it!

Patrick: (yawn) Is someone making toast?


Justin: Feel better?

Marlene: Yes...much better...


Whoa, guys, warn me first!


Oh, man, not you guys too...


You know, I think I'm going to go observe the foliage in the backyard...


Well that didn't take long...


Looks like Patrick is happy about the news.


Patrick: But honey, you're having a baby. You shouldn't be going to work.

Maura: Oh, nonsense. I'm fine, Patrick. It's not like I'm building rocket ships. I'm just painting.


Looks like we get two new additions this round!


Justin: That's amazing! Now our baby and Patrick and Maura's baby can play together!


Congratulations, Maura!



Looks like she's a tired artist, too. Maybe Patrick was right...





Man, these guys are just racking up  the promotions this week. 


Congratulations on being my most functional family, guys!

Marlene: We are?

Yeah. You guys have a decent amount of money, you're all doing well in your careers, nobody's dying...this lot is a breath of fresh air.

Justin: You hear that? We're the most functional family on the block.

Marlene: Uh-huh. Whatever you say.


Justin: Hi, baby! I can't wait to meet you!


Looks like we get to meet Maura's baby first, though.


Wait...where did the cradle come from?

Maura: They...just...dropped...it...off...They...give...one...to...every...new...baby...

But how do they know...

Maura: This..isn't...the...best...time!


Aww, we have an heiress!

Maura: Huh?

I'll explain it later. What's her name?

Maura: We're calling her Joy.


Patrick: I just heard...is everything OK? Do you need me to call the doctor?

I think you're a little late with the panicking, Patrick.


Marlene: Aww, she's so perfect! I hope mine is this cute!


Well, let's see! Time for baby number 2!


Justin: We can go to the hospital if you want...

Marlene: No, I'd rather just stay here.


Another free cradle? Why didn't they just drop off two...oh, never mind.


Now we've got one of each! What's his name?

Marlene: Confusion.

Man, he's going to have a fun time in school.


So what do you think? Is he just as cute as Joy?

Marlene: Don't tell Maura but I think he's cuter.


Nice. Congrats, Patrick.


I see you've finally got their nurseries set up.

Maura: Yeah, it took us forever to decide how to decorate them.


Just in time, too...wait, Joy Hinton? Maura, are you telling me you never changed your last name when you got married?

Maura: I was going to, but it was so much paperwork...







Happy birthday, Joy!

Joy: Thanks! Um, mom? Can I have a new outfit? 

We'll take care of that in a minute, but first, what aspiration do you want?


Joy: I can't wait to make friends with all the other kids!

Great, social butterfly it is.


And that outfit is much better. I like the new hairstyle, too.

Joy: Mom, when will Confusion be big too? I want to play with him.


Just about now...and I see Marlene didn't bother filling out the paperwork either.





Happy birthday, Confusion!

Confusion: Thanks!

What aspiration would you like?


Confusion: I want to learn to paint and draw and stuff.

Oh, wow. You're the first kid in town to pick that one.


Confusion: Thanks for the art table, Dad!

What are you drawing?

Confusion: An airplane. I can really only draw airplanes and trucks.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll learn to draw other things.


And I see Joy has found her way into a chatroom. Just be careful...

Joy: Oh, it's ok. It's a chatroom just for kids.


Confusion: Dad...do you think I could have a violin?

Justin: Um...

You know, I think I'm going to save my ears and head out now. I'll see all you guys in round three!


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: Finally! A lot where Grimmy didn't show up! These guys really do shake things up a bit. Because both Marlene and Maura moved in, they're doing better financially-meaning they can afford better objects to write, paint, and complete career goals than the other families can. And Joy and Confusion are absolutely adorable-these guys have great genetics. Though, I am going to have to to change their last names' to Howard at some point. If anybody knows how to make Sims take each other's last name when they get married, please let me know. I also learned this round that apparently the pregnancy clock doesn't start until your Sim takes the pregnancy test; Joy and Confusion were actually conceived on the same day, but were born one day apart because the game didn't start counting Marlene's pregnancy until she took the test one day later.

No comments:

Post a Comment