Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Flenderson 1: Round 1







We've made it to the last house in round 1! (And in only a few days, too. Man, I can't even remember when Tranquility Bay's rounds were so short.) Meet the Flendersons!


Michelle and William Flenderson were perfectly happy raising their three kids, teenage Noah and twins Ryan and Alyssa. Then William got a phone call that his mother, Dorothy, had begun acting odd-more odd than usual, that is. No longer wanting his mother living on her own, William invited her to move in with his family and moved the whole bunch to Tranquility Creek. 



Oh, for the love of...

Alyssa: Hi! 

Let me guess. You all decided to come out onto the sidewalk and greet me.

Michelle: Well, of course. It's not every day a disembodied narrator comes over.


Man, this town is turning into one big restaurant.


And we've got another entertainer...


And a...criminal? Ok, can't say I was expecting that one.


So Dorothy, it's not that common that a grandma wants to be a criminal...

Dorothy: What did you say, Jerry? Yes, I think that will do nicely...

Jerry? Who's Jerry?

Dorothy: Well, he's my husband, of course. He's sitting right here-can't you see him?

Um...ok...I'm going to go check on the kids...


Alyssa: Come on, Ryan. Mom said we had to do our homework.

Ryan: I'll do it, I'll do it. 


Dorothy: Yes, Louis. Yes, I know.

Um...Louis?

Dorothy: My brother. I thought we weren't supposed to see you, not the other way around.


What are you doing there, Ryan?

Ryan: It's this awesome game! It comes on all the computers-you make these little people and you control them. Look, mine are having a party. 

Aww, I remember when...oh, I mean, that's great, Ryan. Just don't forget about your homework.


Um...congratulations on becoming a thief, I guess...

Dorothy: Yes. We're very excited.

Just don't ask...just don't ask...


So you're quite the active kid, huh?

Alyssa: Yup. I like to run and swing and slide and...

Ok, Ok, I get it. What about your brother?

Alyssa: No, he's more into talking and stuff.


I see that. Say, you two are pretty cute together...

Addison: What? Ew! I'm going home. You're weird.

Ryan: Hey! I didn't say that! She did.


Congrats, Michelle.

Michelle: Thanks.

Say, there's something I've been meaning to ask you about your mother in law...


Michelle: Can it wait until some other time? This house is filthy.

I guess it will have to.


Oh, right. I forgot about Noah...

Noah: Um...hi. Aren't you in my math class at school?

Jennifer: Yeah, I sit behind you. My name's Jennifer.

Noah: I'm Norman-I mean Noah...


Congratulations, William.

William: Thanks! 

Say, I was going to ask Michelle something earlier...about your mom...

William: She didn't set anything on fire, did she?

No...

William: Good, because that's why we had to leave our old town. She hasn't been quite right ever since she tried to fix the TV with a coat hanger...


Oh boy, it looks like these two are hitting it off!


Yes! We've got our first established couple!


Alyssa: Mom, how much longer do I have to practice?

Michelle: Fifteen more minutes. Then you can go to the park with Aiden.

You and Aiden are friends?

Alyssa: Uh-huh. He and I are going to the park this afternoon.


Ok, I guess we're off to the park.


Aww, you two are cute together too...


Man, I thought Ryan was the social butterfly of the family.

Alyssa: I know! It's easier to make friends when you actually play outside, not just on a computer.

Words to live by, to be sure. But I'm afraid I have to be on my way now.

Alyssa: Where are you going next?

Back to Aiden's house, actually. Time for round 2! Stand by for the scorecard!


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: And we're done with round 1! I have to say, these weeks are flying by. Dorothy's actually really funny-she rolled the insane trait and the Public Enemy aspiration (quite a combo for a grandma) so she talks to herself or invisible friends quite often. Alyssa's also almost done with the Rambunctious Scamp aspiration; hopefully next round these guys will get enough money to put in a pool for her to max her motor skill. (And yes, I have already matched up the kids from each house with one another. It was easy this round, as Ryan and Alyssa obviously can't go with each other.)


No comments:

Post a Comment