Friday, March 6, 2015

Hannon 1: Round 2


Welcome to Round Two of Tranquility Creek! First up, we're back at the Hannon family.


Last round, brothers Larry and Randy Hannon settled in with their daughters, Erica and Stephenie, and their grandson, Aiden. Erica originally started out as a freelance writer, but later joined the formal writer career in order to bring in more income. Stephanie joined the athletic track, and Randy joined culinary. Larry, meanwhile, chose to stay home and bond with Aiden over fishing in the backyard.



Glad to see Aiden isn't too upset by the broken computer.

Larry: I'm looking up some new fishing strategies. Aiden here's getting much better at catching bait for me.


Aiden: Grandpa, when do you think I'll start catching bigger fish like you?

Larry: When you get bigger. Right now some of these fish are half the size of you.

Um, I hate to interrupt this moment but...Randy is your grandpa. Larry's your great uncle.

Aiden: Oh, I know. But I call them both Grandpa. It's just easier.


And even with a broken computer. Nice job.

Erica: Yes, but now we really have to get the thing fixed. I can't blog without one!


Looks like Aiden had a good day too! Congrats on being Tranquility Creek's first A student!

Aiden: Thanks!


Wouldn't it be easier to let one person cook for everyone?

Randy: The fridge broke, so we have to eat everything.


Oh, boy...Well, maybe the broken sink will put it out...


Or Erica will. I still don't know why you guys don't just call a fireman...

Erica: You keep saying that! What is that? We already have a fire, we don't need a man to bring another one!


Ok, so...let's take inventory here. We've got a broken fridge, a broken computer, a broken and burnt sink, a burnt stove, and a burnt countertop.


Oh, and a broken shower. Man, things are just going great this week!

Erica: You think?


Congrats, Stephenie!

Stephenie: Thanks...

You don't seem thrilled.

Stephenie: Have you seen my mascot suit?


I see...that is...um...certainly interesting.

Stephenie: I hate my life.


Finally replaced the computer?

Erica: We couldn't put it off anymore. I need to start publishing more books if we're ever going to get on our feet.


Aiden: Grandpa Randy, check out what my phone can do!

Randy: Well, what will they think of next?


Um, Larry? What's going...


Randy?


Larry? Wait...is he...


Are they dying?


I guess so. And looks like Grimmy got an upgrade...


Oh, man...are those tears?


A tablet? Guess the clipboard was too retro...and I have to say, I kind of miss the hula girls...


Ok, this is just too heartbreaking...


Ok, Grimmy, he's already dead. No need to slice him in two...


And just to add insult to injury...

Stephenie: Um...do you mind?

Grimmy: What a mess! Don't you guys ever clean up?

I guess privacy isn't a concern for Death...


Stephenie: It'll be ok, Erica...


Erica: I just don't know how to tell Aiden.

Stephenie: Let's move the graves out back before he gets home. I'm sure we'll figure out some way to break it to him.


Aiden: But...they both died? At the same time?

Erica: Yes, sweetheart. They did. 


Erica: I know you're sad, Aiden. We all are. But you've still got me and your Aunt Steph. 

Aiden: But who's going to go fishing with me now? And who's going to read to me?


Is he crying in his sleep? Man, death in this town hits hard!


Stephenie: I knew this was going to happen eventually, but...

I know. I didn't expect it so soon, either.


Erica: I just can't do this...

Do what?

Erica: I thought if I wrote a sad book about my dad and uncle dying it might help me feel better but I keep bursting into tears as I type!



Is it weird fishing by yourself?

Aiden: A little. But I know that Grandpa Larry would want me to keep fishing.


Addison: We heard about your Grandpas, Aiden.

Alyssa: We're really sorry.

I know this is a horrible time to realize this, but it's too bad Ryan Flenderson doesn't have an "A" name too...then all the kids would match.


Way to go, Aiden! What's that thing?

Aiden: It's my science table. Mom got it for me as a present for getting A's in school. 

Neat, just be careful. I've heard those things can start fires.



A birthday party? Who's birthday...


Well, I guess it's a good thing he completed his aspiration then...and it looks like he took inspiration from Grandpa Randy for his first adult one.


And apparently becoming a teenager is terrifying. 


Erica: I can't believe my little boy is almost grown up!

Stephenie: Isn't it about time you had...you know...the talk?

Erica: Steph, let's at least wait until the party's over for that!

Yes, let's. And let's also wait until the mysterious voice is at the next house. I'll see you three next round.




A Message from the Mysterious Voice: So, I'm just going to say it. Death in TS4 hits hard. I was kind of expecting that Larry and Randy might go this round, but I wasn't expecting them to both go at the same time. I also wasn't expecting that Sims in this game don't just stand their waiting for their tropical drink from Grimmy, or turn into ghosts; they collapse to the ground and die. And don't get me started on other Sims' reactions. Aiden was actually spared the brunt of the sadness because he was at school, and thus didn't get the "witnessed death" buff that his mom and aunt got; even so, he was still crying in his sleep just from seeing the graves! And Erica and Stephanie were both barely functional-they cried in bed, they cried in the shower, Erica cried while she was trying to write. It's much more pervasive than the 5 second intervals of crying I was used to from TS2. With as many elders as I rolled, this is going to be a long, long round...



No comments:

Post a Comment