Sunday, April 5, 2015

Bernard 1: Round 3




Last round, Tranquility Creek's firstborn baby, Trinidad, grew from a baby to a child. Erin and Matthew both attempted to conceive another child, but were unsuccessful. After Matthew's parents Roger and Judith and Erin's father Carl died of old age in the middle of the week, the mood in the house was just too somber to continue trying.


Hi, guys!

Erin: Hi, mysterious voice!

How are things around here?

Trinidad: It's mommy's first day of work!

Oh really?



Didn't you have a job already?

Erin: No, I was staying at home with Trinidad. But he's a big boy now, and with it just being Matthew and me I need to start bringing home a paycheck. It's been a bit of an adjustment not having our parents helping out anymore.


Well, I wouldn't quite say that...


Hey, somebody found all the eggs!


Are you playing chess by yourself?

Trinidad: I'm just practicing. It helps get my brain ready for school.

Um...if you say so.



Looks like Erin's job is going well, though.


Erin: So what are we getting for finding all those eggs?

Matthew: I don't know...an omelette pan?

Erin: I don't think they're edible.

Matthew: What else are you supposed to do with eggs? Are we supposed to hatch them?

Speaking of hatching eggs...weren't you guys trying for a second child?

Matthew: Yes, but with our parent's dying and Erin just starting out in her job, we can't afford another child just yet.

Erin: It may happen someday, just not now.


Ok, maybe that before-school chess practice does work. Nice job, Trinidad!



Oh, good. I can't wait to see the male uniform for that one...


Are you guys having plumbing issues too?

Erin: Yes! I'm fixing this sink almost every day!


Trinidad: Mom! The counter's flying!

Erin: As long as it's not spitting water out I don't care.


Is that the reward for the egg collection?

Matthew: I think so, but...a bunny? They sent us a bunny? What does a bunny have to do with eggs? Bunnies don't lay eggs...


Well, Trinidad seems to like it...


Well, I think I solved the mystery of the bathroom issues...I guess it's better than them popping out and scaring the kids in the middle of the night...


And it looks like the painter career was the right choice for Erin...





Wow, a double birthday. Somebody better get baking...


Ok, well, Judith's ghost is angry so I guess that makes sense. But I don't see why the playful or happy ghosts keep breaking stuff...


Oh, looks like it's a triple birthday.


You like your cake?

Trinidad: Yes! I love chocolate!


Happy birthday, dear Trinidad...


Wow, you look pretty good as a teenager. Have you picked your aspiration yet?




Trinidad: I want a big family!

Ok! Got it!


Now onto the parents. Happy birthday, dear Matthew...



Is that one of your dance moves from work?

Matthew: Not yet...


I still don't see why this was worthy of a cake...


Happy birthday, dear Erin...





Ok, well, with the birthdays over with I think it's a good time for me to be on my way. I'll see you guys next round!



A Message from the Mysterious Voice: Happy Easter, everyone! This lot wasn't too eventful, other than the birthdays. I actually didn't have to try very hard to complete the egg collection here; these guys are still harvesting all the plants in the public areas to make extra money and it seemed like every plant had an egg. And if anybody knows of a mod out there that will reduce how often ghosts "haunt" plumbing, please let me know. This is becoming a running theme on every lot. I don't mind having the ghosts there otherwise, as they don't pose a mortal danger like the way they did in TS2, but the constant floods and broken bathrooms are getting annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment