Saturday, April 18, 2015

Bernard 1: Round 4



Last round, Erin and Matthew Bernard decided against having a second child due to financial concerns. Erin continued to improve her painting skills while Matthew improved his fitness. At the end of the week, their son Trinidad grew from a child to a teen while his parents entered middle adulthood.


And it looks like Trinidad isn't wasting any time on finding a girlfriend...

Trinidad: Yeah, um...mysterious voice, this is Kristen.

Kristen: Look, I've got to go...

Trinidad: Can I call you later?

Kristen: Yeah, I don't know...I'm kind of busy...


So I'm guessing that you and Kristen didn't get along that well?

Trinidad: Not really. She's not exactly the nicest person, you know.

Well, keep looking. I'm sure the right one is out there.


What are you up to, Erin?

Erin: Well, now that Trinidad is pretty much grown up I finally have time to get back to my own goals.

Right...I forgot you had the fishing aspiration. How's it going?

Erin: I think I have to try fishing someplace else...

Someplace else? Wait, where are you going...



Whew! Finally found you. You know, it's generally a good practice to wait for the mysterious voice before you go running off somewhere.

Erin: Sorry, I was kind of running out of things to catch in the neighborhood.

I see. So...where are we, exactly?

Erin: This is the other side of town.

The other side of town is a desert?

Erin: Uh-huh...

Wow, that's a pretty diverse climate.

Erin: And just so you know, I'm meeting Matthew and Trinidad in another part of town in a few minutes. We're going shopping.


Looking for new work clothes?

Matthew: I can't pull this off, can I?

Well, it's no worse than the llama suit.



Trinidad: It's so easy, Dad. You just take those pieces there and move them...

Matthew: Wait, which ones? The ones that look like horses? This game is hard!



Well, at least things are going well for Matthew at work.


Congratulations, Matthew! 

Matthew: Thanks



You ok, Erin?

Erin: I don't feel so good.

How is everyone around here getting sick all of a sudden...

Erin: Maybe it was the garbage plant...

...Excuse me?


Erin: You see, the other day our trash can got knocked over, and we didn't notice right away. And when we finally picked up the pile of trash, there was this little plant growing under it that hadn't been there before. I know it's strange, be we've been watering it and taking care of it just to see what it grows into.

Yeah, I could see how that contributed to you getting sick.



Glad to see it doesn't seem to be impacting your painting, though.


Matthew: Wait...is this the right one?

Trinidad: You know, we could play a different game...

Matthew: No, I'm going to learn to do this!

I admire your tenacity, Matthew.


And I guess Erin's over her garbage-induced sickness.

Erin: I actually think that fever helped some of my paintings.


How's the love life going, Trinidad?

Trinidad: Well, not that great right now. All of the girls in my class are really weird. But I did make a new friend in the chat room-her name's Darlene. 


So Darlene, do you know Trinidad from school?

Darlene: Actually, I already graduated.

Oh...so how can...

Trinidad: It's ok, we're just friends for right now. But I'll be graduating before too long.

Darlene: And I don't mind waiting until he does.

Well, ok. I guess patience is a good thing. But now it's time for me to be on my way. I'll see you guys next round.




A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Not too much on this lot. Honestly, I just forgot to take more pictures, but it would have just been more shots of Erin fishing. Her aspiration is pretty far along, but finding 20 different fish is proving quite the challenge. And poor Trinidad...the townie teen girls right now leave a lot to be desired, personality wise. Thankfully, Darlene won't age until she's on a played lot, so she'll still be a young adult when he ages up.

No comments:

Post a Comment