Sunday, April 5, 2015

Palmer 1: Round 3


Last round, twins Megan and Emily both found love interests in town, Finley for Megan and Reginald for Emily. This didn't sit well with Megan's daughter Addison, or with their parents Gerald and Betty, especially after both men moved in. Later on in the week, both Gerald and Betty died of old age, only furthering the complicated emotions in the house. At the end of the week, Finley did his best to throw Addison a suitable birthday party as she grew from a child to a teenager.


Megan: Have a good day, hon. I'll be home after 5.

Finley: Wait! Before you go...there's something I have to do...


Megan: Whoa...what was that for?

Finley: Megan, I've been trying to ask you a question for three days now...hold on, let me go get dressed first. This is too important to do in my pajamas.



Finely: Megan...will you marry me?


I think she said yes!


Well, this week is sure getting off to a good start!


Megan: I just wish my mom was alive to see this...she would have been so happy.

I know.


I could have guessed you'd take up gardening.

Addison: Well...it is my aspiration after all.

True. 


Well...look who dropped by. It's Ryan Flenderson.

Addison: Do you want to come inside? We can watch a movie or something...

Ryan: Sure. that sounds fun.



Um...need I remind you two that Addison's mother is at home?



Megan: Well, hi there you two. You won't mind if I just sit here in the middle, right?

Ryan: Um...hi, Ms. Palmer. No, go right ahead. Addison and I were just...talking about school. Right?

Addison: Yeah...talking about school.

Nice save, Ryan.


Um, Finley?

Finley: I'm starving, and Megan's still at work.

You could...you know...cook something.

Finely: Eh, I'm not great with the domestic stuff.


Uh-oh...I don't think Gerald's going to be thrilled to see his daughter's fiancee eating from the trash...


You know, at this rate, I should really just cut my losses and turn the town into a water park.


So what about you two?

Emily: What do you mean?

Are you two getting engaged?

Emily: What? No! What gave you that idea?

Well, Megan and Finley...

Emily: Just because Megan and I are twins doesn't mean we have to do everything the same! Reggie and I like things just the way they are. Isn't that right?

Reginald: Um...whatever you say.


Wow, that garden's looking great!

Addison: I know!

What have you planted?

Addison: Right now, just strawberries and apples. But I'm hoping to find new stuff as I get better.





I guess the practice is still paying off. Nice job, Emily.


Reginald: I don't see why I'm the one who has to keep fixing everything.

Because you're the only one in the house without a job.


Megan: So where are things going with you and Reginald?

Emily: What do you mean? He moved in, didn't he? Where else does it have to go?

Megan: You do realize that he still hasn't taken a job.

Emily: So? We're doing ok with you, me and Finley working...plus after Addison grows up she'll be working too. Plus I think he's more useful at home fixing stuff until we figure out what's wrong with the plumbing in this town.


Emily: So what's up with you and that Ryan kid?

Addison: I kind of like him...I think...but we haven't really talked about that yet, you know?

Emily: Well, take it from me. You don't want to take as long as me or your mom to find love.

Um...didn't Megan technically have to find love to have Addison?


Glad to see you've retained your ability to communicate with plants. 

Addison: Oh, don't be silly. I'm just checking for bugs.

If you say so...


Emily: (sniff) What's in this?

You're the mixologist. Shouldn't you know?

Emily: I'm trying out some new recipes for tonight. 

Tonight? What's tonight?

Emily: Megan and Finley's wedding. We're having it at the park.


Oh, yeah...it's about time that happened.











Aww, the park was actually a really pretty setting.



Emily: Aren't you glad I've been practicing so much at the bar? People love my drinks.

Megan: I have to admit, it did come in handy today.


Finley: So are we cool now?

Addison: Huh?

Finley: Well, I know I moved in kind of suddenly back when you were a kid, and we never really got to get to know each other. 

Addison: Oh, um...sure.


Nice job, Megan!


Um...Finley? Are you ok?

Finley: I think so...why?

Well, you kind of have orange stripes all over your face...

Finley: Huh...you know, come to think of it, I have been feeling a little woozy today. Maybe I should call in sick to work.

Unless you're planning to perform as a tiger, I think that's a good idea.


It's been a long time since I've seen you back here.

Addison: I know. I just feel kind of...weird...today.

Are you getting sick too?

Addison: No, not that kind of weird. I just don't know how I feel about my mom getting married again. I mean, I like Finley more than I did when I was little, but still...I just need to clear my head a bit.


Addison: Hey, I never noticed there was a pear tree down here! Maybe I can plant these back home!

Looks like Addison's secret spot has a new purpose...


Looks like it's time to plan a birthday party and...wait...


...what's that music? Are the ghosts out again?


Nope...that's not a ghost...


Finley...what happened?

Finely: I don't want to talk about it...


Finley: Ow! My stomach!

Uh-oh...I think I know what this means...


Addison: What's wrong?

Finley: I keep getting these weird pains in my stomach.

Addison: Do you think it has anything to do with that tiger-stripe disease you had a few days ago?

Finley: Yeah, maybe...I thought I was over that though.


Wow, you seem unusually chipper this morning.

Emily: I don't know why...I just can't stop giggling...and look, I have these weird spirals all over me.

Man, your disease symptoms are weird here. Whatever happened to coughing and sneezing?


Oh, right. The birthdays. I almost forgot. Happy birthday dear Megan...


I can't believe these two are elders already...





And I'm glad to see Emily's recovered from her...whatever she had. Happy birthday dear Emily...




Ok, well I think it's time for me to be on my way. And if my suspicions are correct, you guys are in for quite a surprise next round...




A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yup, we just had Tranquility Creek's first alien abduction! I actually missed the picture of Finley being abducted; I thought the music was for the ghosts coming out. I didn't do anything to try and get him abducted either; I'm not sure how I feel about that. On the one hand, it does add a touch of randomness but on the other hand, I kind of like it better in TS2 where you had to use a specific object to have it happen so you could control who it happened to. I think that the sparkles coming out of Finley's stomach mean that he's pregnant, but I'm not entirely sure. He was abducted on the last day of the week, so I didn't see him grow a belly. I have a mod that is supposed to auto-pause pregnancy when I leave the lot; hopefully it works or else we'll all be in for a surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment