Thursday, April 2, 2015

Hannon 1: Round 3

Welcome to Round 3 of Tranquility Creek! As always, we begin with the Hannon family.


Last round was a rough one for the Hannon's. Replacing broken and burned objects kept their financial situation in dire straits. In the middle of the week, Larry and Randy both died suddenly of old age. The week ended on a positive note, though, with Aiden completing his childhood aspiration and growing up from a child into a teen.



What are you doing?

Aiden: Looking for eggs.

Eggs?

Aiden: We all got this flyer in the mail. Apparently there's eggs hidden all around town. If we find all the different kinds of eggs, we get a prize. Did you set that up?

No...providing narration for two towns doesn't leave much time for setting up egg hunts.

Aiden: Huh. We all kind of assumed it was you. 

Have you found any yet?

Aiden: Um...yes! There's one in here!

Ok, you keep on searching. I'm going to go check in with your mom.


So how are you two holding up?

Erica: Well, you know, it never gets easier. But I think we've all turned a corner.

Well, that's good to hear.



Hey, look who dropped by. It's Alyssa Flenderson!

Aiden: Um...hi Alyssa.

Why don't you two take a break from egg hunting and head inside so you can get to know each other better.

Alyssa: But we've known each other since we were kids.

Well, there's always more to learn.


So the eggs are in rocks, too?

Erica: Apparently.

Whoever heard of needing a chisel for an Easter egg hunt...

Erica: Huh? A what egg hunt?

Oh, Easter? It's a holiday where I'm from where we hide eggs and...

Erica: I knew it! You did hide these eggs, didn't you?

No, I didn't. If I did I wouldn't have hidden them in rocks.


Maybe it's time for you guys to get a new sink...

Stephenie: You think? But we don't have the money for that right how.


Erica: Hey, Stephenie?

Stephenie: Yeah?

Erica: Do you believe in ghosts?

Stephenie: No...why?

Erica: Well, the other day I could have sworn I saw the shower levitating...

Stephenie: You need to go lie down.


Well, maybe now they can afford a new sink! Congratulations, Erica!


Congratulations to you too, Stephenie.


At least you get a out of that mascot suit, but don't you think you're a bit old for that outfit?

Stephenie: Yes, a bit. But it's better than the llama suit.


How's the writing going?

Erica: Ok I guess. At least the computer is working this week. I've actually been able to publish a few more books.


Oh, hi there you two. Enjoying the stars?

Alyssa: Yes.

Just a tip, you may want to move off the sidewalk...


And I think Erica might have been right...but what ghost would haunt a garbage can?



Erica: Ok, you see that, right? I'm not crazy...

No...I see it too.



I like the new office. Wow, you guys have found a lot of those eggs.

Stephenie: Yes, but there's apparently a couple more out there. Where are they?

What? I don't know. I didn't hide them.

Erica: Oh, come on. We know it was you. It's for that holiday...what did you call it?

Easter?

Erica: Yeah, that's it! Who has a holiday about hiding eggs, anyway?

Well, it's not just about hiding eggs. We also eat a lot of chocolate.

Erica: So why couldn't you have hidden chocolate all over? That would have been so much more fun!

For the last time, I didn't hide the eggs!


Erica: Ok, I just saw the counter levitate again! There are ghosts here, I know it!

Stephenie: Erica, there's no such thing as ghosts.

Erica: The mysterious voice saw it too!

Stephenie: I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation...


Aiden: Um...I really like this movie.

Alyssa: Yeah...me too.


Aiden: You know, you're really pretty...

Alyssa: Thanks...


What are you doing?

Alyssa: Updating my relationship status!

Does that mean...


Yup! We've got a couple!


You two are pretty cute together, not going to lie.


Um...aren't you guys a little young to get married?

Alyssa: We're exchanging promise rings.

Aiden: It means we're going to be together forever.

Aww, now that's just adorable.


Um...doesn't cake usually make people happy?

Erica: Oh, it's my and Stephenie's birthday. I was just thinking about how much our dads would have liked to see it...


Happy birthday, dear Stephenie...


...and Erica...


Um...forgive me for being unobservant but...did anything change?

Erica: Yes. I'm an adult now.

But weren't you an adult before?

Erica: No, before I was a young adult. Big difference.

If you say so...


Now with Stephenie I can tell a difference. And I hate to tell you this, but you're now really too old for that outfit.

Stephenie: You don't have to tell me that. Hopefully my bosses at work agree.


Ok, well, it looks like it's time for me to be on my way.

Erica: Won't you give us a hint about where the last two eggs are?

For the last time, I didn't hide the eggs! Good luck on the hunt, and I'll see you in round 4!




A Message From the Mysterious Voice: So round 3 was much less depressing than round 2. Slowly but surely these guys are starting to bring in more money, although with Stephenie being an elder now keeping up with her athletic career is probably going to become difficult. Aiden and Alyssa are actually really cute, and I love that teens can exchange promise rings. And I have to admit that as gimmicky as this egg hunt is, it's actually kind of fun. (Although, seriously...who hides eggs in rocks? In plants and the log things, sure...but rocks?)

No comments:

Post a Comment