Sunday, April 5, 2015

Howard 1: Round 3


Last week was an eventful one for the Howard family, with both Marlene and Maura becoming pregnant within just a few days of each other. Maura soon gave birth to a baby girl named Joy, while Marlene gave birth to a baby boy named Confusion. By the end of the week, both had grown into energetic children. Meanwhile, all four adults continued to progress in their respective careers.


Hi there, Maura!

Maura: Oh, hi mysterious voice.

How's everything around here?

Maura: Oh, it's just great. Just trying to get one last painting in before work.


Don't tell me...you're looking for eggs.

Joy: Uh-huh. So far I've found 6, and Confusion's only found 4. He like never goes outside, though, so that's probably why.


Patrick: How's the homework coming, Confusion?

Confusion: Fine, I guess. 

Patrick: Any idea where Joy is?

Confusion: Um...I think she's outside with Aunt Maura and her friends.

Patrick: Don't you want to go out and say hello?

Confusion: Um...not really. I have to finish this homework, anyway.


Like mother, like daughter I see...

Maura: Oh, Joy's the hit of the neighborhood. She makes friends faster than I do.


Confusion: Mom, why don't I have as many friends as Joy?

Marlene: It's ok, honey. I'm sure plenty of kids like you at school. Joy's just more outgoing than you are. It's like me and Aunt Maura. She's more into showing off at art galleries, and I'd rather just write my books and publish them from the mailbox.


What the...come on! This was the only lot where nobody died last round! This lot should be ghost-free!


I thought you were a painter.

Maura: Oh, I still am. I just thought I'd take up another hobby. I even built a little photo studio in the basement.

You guys have a basement?

Maura: I know, it surprised me too.

What are you going to take pictures of in a basement?

Maura: Well, I have to find some models...


Maura: Ha ha...that's a great joke. Say, I was wondering...are any of you guys interested in some modeling?

Neighbor 1: Um...not really.

Maura: Please? I really want to learn photography and I need some models...

Neighbor 2: Why not just take pictures of your kids?

Maura: Hmm...that's not a bad idea...



Joy: So what are we supposed to do?

Maura: Just go stand next to your cousin. I want to take some pictures of you two.


Wow, you even included a wardrobe change.

Maura: They're just so cute together.

I'm impressed that they sat still for that long.

Maura: Well, Confusion did get kind of restless towards the end. But I think Joy was having fun.


Congratulations, Justin!


Joy: Mom, can you take some more pictures of me with the fancy camera?

Maura: Sure, honey. In fact, why don't you be my model while I work on my photography skill?

Joy: Ok! Do I get to dress up in cool outfits?

Maura: Of course!


Looks like Marlene's not doing too badly herself. Congratulations!


Joy: Hi! I'm Joy! What's your name?

Sage: Um...I'm Sage. But...didn't you forget to get dressed before you ran outside?

Joy: Oh, it's ok. I just got new cute pajamas. See?

Sage: Whatever.


Glad to see Maura hasn't put all her efforts into her photography.


Maura: Hmm...I don't know if the sky background works with that outfit...

So...just to be clear...Joy's still having fun doing this, right?

Maura: Oh, sure. It's actually become a bonding experience for the two of us.

Ok, just making sure there was no creepy stage-parent stuff going on.


Marlene: Ugh! Where are these stupid eggs?

You're hunting them too?

Marlene: Well, Confusion saw what Trinidad Bernard down the street got for finding them all. Now he wants his own giant rabbit. I also think he just really wants to find them all before Joy. But he doesn't really like running around out here, so...I'm looking for him.



Wow, that's the first time that's happened. Um, ok, sure.


Looks like Confusion couldn't escape the photo studio entirely.

Maura: I just want to take some pictures of you and your new friend, that's all...

Darien: Dude...you're aunt is weird.

Confusion: Yeah, I know.


Seriously? You didn't even die on this lot. Why are you haunting it? I thought this was going to be the one lot I wouldn't have to deal with constantly breaking plumbing...


Wow, that's awesome, Maura!

Maura: Thanks. It's for Joy's bedroom. As sort of a thank you for modeling for me, you know?

How's that photography skill coming?

Maura: It's coming along. I just have to keep practicing. I've been thinking of buying a camera I can keep with me, so I don't have to just take pictures in the basement.


And it looks like Confusion gets a reward, too!


Justin: Good job finding all those eggs, son!

Joy: It's not fair. He didn't even find them all. Aunt Marlene found most of them because he's too shy to go outside.

Justin: Joy! Be nice to your cousin.


What are you doing, Marlene?

Marlene: Oh, the kids left their clay out. I've just been playing with it while I watch TV.

Make anything good?

Marlene: Not really. Maura's the artist in the family. But the other day Confusion turned this thing into this cool tower. And you should see what he can draw now on that activity table.



Looks like we've got a birthday!


Make that a double birthday!



Confusion: Wow! We're really having brownies for breakfast?

Maura: Sure. It's not your dad and uncle's birthday every day. 

Looks like Maura's rocking all the new skills this week.


Oh, hi Sabrina.

Sabrina: Hi mysterious voice.

I'm surprised the two of you aren't down in the basement being photographed.

Joy: Mom's at work. She'll probably want to do it when she gets home, though. She takes pictures of us with all of our friends.

Someday you'll be glad to have those.


Aww, Joy finally found a best friend!


Justin: Wow, these look great!

Marlene: Thanks. I'm just glad nothing caught fire.

You and me both.


Happy Birthday dear Patrick...



Patrick: Ow! My back!

Yup...he's an elder, alright...


Happy birthday, dear Justin...


Don't tell me your back hurts too.

Justin: A little...

Ugh...I think it's time for me to be on my way. I'll see you guys next round.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: I really love this lot. This was the lot where I really got to start digging into Get to Work, at least a little bit. I love the photo studio object, and since this is the one lot that isn't strapped for cash I was actually able to build them a basement to set it up. And to explain about Dorothy's ghost-apparently because Dorothy died on "public space" (meaning the strip of grass just off the sidewalk), her ghost gets to haunt everybody's house! It kind of makes sense story-wise since she did have the insane trait, but it's still annoying! Again, if anybody out there knows of a way I can move her urn back onto her family's lot, please let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment