Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Flenderson 2: Round 3



Welcome to our first new home in Tranquility Creek! This one belongs to Noah Flenderson and his girlfriend Jennifer. Noah is the eldest son of Michelle and William, while Jennifer...well, we don't know too much about Jennifer. Yet. 


Hi, guys!

Jennifer: Hi mysterious voice!

How are you liking the new house?

Noah: It's awesome. We don't have much in it yet, though.

Yeah, starting off on your own can be like that. Let's get you two into careers so we can remedy that.


Oh, a new one. This could be interesting...


And Jennifer's chosen one with a nice side income, I see.


Um, Jennifer? Don't you think you should be using utensils to mix the salad?

Jennifer: Oh...yeah, I guess that would keep me from getting dressing all over my hands.


Noah: Hmm...

What?

Noah: Nothing. It's just that ever since I accepted that position at the science lab I keep having these weird thoughts...

But you haven't even been there yet.

Noah: I know. But I can feel myself thinking in a more scientific way already.


Noah: We probably have to plan a wedding, don't we?

Jennifer: Well, we don't have to do anything big. Why don't we just get married here?

Noah: Here? In our basement?

Jennifer: Why not? Besides, real weddings cost like, $1,000. We can't afford that right now.

Noah: Well if you're really ok with it...


Nothing like a basement wedding...











Jennifer: So now that we're married...

Noah: Oh! I almost forgot to tell you. You'll never guess what I saw the other night.

Jennifer: Um...what?

Noah: Well I was heading out from my parent's house, right? And one of our neighbors was outside taking out the trash. All of a sudden, this blue beam of light comes down and starts sucking him up into the sky!

Um...is this really the best time for this story, Noah?


Noah: I'm telling you, aliens are real!

Jennifer: Uh-huh...whatever you say, Noah. But...isn't there something we forgot to do? You know, after the wedding?

Noah: No, I think we cleaned up the confetti...oh, right!


Ok, ok...let the mysterious voice get out of the room first...


What the...

Noah: Want to come with me to work?

I can do that? Um...Jennifer? Are you going to be ok on your own?

Jennifer: I go to work now too. You won't miss anything. 

Ok, sure. Let's go. 


Um, I think maybe I should have gone to work with Jennifer...


So you work at the science lab...watering plants?

Noah: Well, I am entry level...


This is entry level?

Noah: Oh, sure. I can't make too much yet, but it's kind of cool.

Man, pretty good for your first day.


Jennifer: How was your first day at work?

Noah: Oh, it was great. How was yours?

Jennifer: Fine...I'm not feeling too well, though...


Maybe Noah should have become a doctor...



Wait...you didn't change your last name either?

Jennifer: No...

So does nobody around here change their last names after they get married?

Jennifer: Why would we do that?

Because it's easier for the neighborhood narrator, that's why!


Noah: I can't believe I'm going to be a dad!

Jennifer: I know! It's so exciting!


Noah: Are you sure you'll be alright here by yourself?

Jennifer: Oh, sure. I have a few books I need to finish up and send off to publish.

Noah: Ok, just take it easy. 


Well, whatever he was doing at that machine seems to have paid off.


Glad to see things have been going well for you at work too, Jennifer.

Jennifer: Thanks!


Looks like Noah has a new invention. What does it do?

Noah: I'm not exactly sure...


Noah: Oops! Sorry!

Isn't that like rule number one in the workplace? Don't freeze your co-workers?

Noah: How was I supposed to know it would do that?

You invented it!





Jennifer: Noah...I think it's time!


Noah: Shouldn't we go to the hospital?

Jennifer: There's no time!!! The baby's coming now!





Jennifer: It's a boy!

What's his name?

Jennifer: We're calling him Stratus.

Appropriate considering Noah's career...


Noah: Huh...

What?

Noah: Well, they're having me analyze DNA samples today. I asked one of my co-workers for one and it just looks odd...


Noah: It can't be...Abbie's so...normal...

How exactly do you know she's an alien?

Noah: It's right here in her DNA!

And at level two of this career you know what alien DNA looks like?

Noah: Of course I do!


Noah: So, Abbie...how do you feel about space?

Abbie: Oh, I hate space.

Noah: Really....

Abbie: Yes...why are you acting so strange?

Noah: Oh, no reason...


Jennifer: So you're convinced that this Abbie woman is an alien.

Noah: Yes, Jennifer. I saw her DNA under the microscope with my own eyes.

Jennifer: ...Tell you what. Why don't we drop Stratus off at daycare and go to the park. You could use some sun.


Jennifer: See? Doesn't it feel good to get out of that lab?

Noah: I suppose so. Oh, look. They have chess tables set up.



Noah: Ok, this was a good idea.

Jennifer: I told you.  Working in that lab is getting to your head.

I hate to leave in the middle of this lovely outing, but it's just about time for me to be on my way. I'll see you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And that wraps up round 3! Man, these rounds are flying by. I don't think Tranquility Bay's rounds went this quickly even in the beginning. Anyway, I had a lot more fun with Noah's career than I thought I would. I was actually more excited about the peripheral stuff in GTW (like aliens, baking, and photography) than I was about the actual careers. But as it turned out, following Noah to the lab each day was really fun. I can't wait to try out the doctor and detective now. And speaking of doctor, I completely forgot to send Jennifer to have Stratus at the hospital. Oh, well...there will be plenty more babies. And if anybody knows how to make Sims take their spouses last names in this game, please let me know. At least I realized I could type in a last name for the babies, so Stratus has the right one.

No comments:

Post a Comment