Saturday, April 18, 2015

Hannon 1: Round 4



Last round, the Hannon family was still recovering from the deaths of Erica and Stephenie's fathers the week before. Erica continued to practice her writing and publish the results, while Stephenie continued to progress in the athletic field. Meanwhile, Aiden adjusted to his teenage years by finding a girlfriend in Alyssa Flenderson. At the end of the week, Erica aged into middle adulthood while Stephenie aged to an elder.


Hi, Erica!

Erica: Hi, mysterious voice.

How's everything going?

Erica: Actually, pretty well. I've been able to publish a lot more books, and I've been getting better so the royalties are actually starting to make a difference.


I can see that, although I do wonder how you were able to publish three books called "All About Cleve".


Aiden: Hey, Aunt Stephenie...can I use your treadmill?

Stephenie: Sure, why?

Aiden: Well, I want to start working out to impress Alyssa...

Judging from the two of you last round, I'd say she's pretty well impressed.


Aiden: How come you don't use this thing anymore?

Stephenie: Well, ever since I became an elder I just don't have the stamina I used to. Running and lifting weights just wear me out now.

Doesn't that get in the way of the athletic career a bit?

Stephenie: Yes, it does. I don't know how I'm going to be able to keep getting promoted if I can't work out at home.


Aiden: What do you think?

Erica: Of what?

Aiden: My new outfit.

Erica: Oh...it's nice. I don't know why you're going to all this trouble, though. Alyssa seemed pretty taken with you just as you were. 


A little late for the giant stuffed bunny in this house, but I guess they can hang onto it until Aiden has kids.


Seriously? You guys still didn't get a new sink?

Stephenie: This is the new sink. All the plumbing is still breaking everywhere in this neighborhood. I think there's something wrong with the water supply. 


Man, she wasn't kidding about everything wearing her out.


Congratulations, Erica!

Erica: Thanks!


Aiden: Mom, now that we have some extra money, what do you think about putting in a pool?

Erica: A pool? Aiden, we're not that well off yet.

Aiden: Not for me, but for Aunt Stephenie. It would give her a way to work out that wouldn't wear her out so much.

Erica: Huh...ok, I guess we can look into it.


How are you liking the new pool?

Stephenie: Oh, it's wonderful. It keeps my fitness up for work but I don't get nearly as tired as I do on the treadmill or weights.


You ok?

Erica: Yeah. Every once in awhile I just really miss my dad, you know? The sadness doesn't always last as long, but it just kind of hits out of nowhere.


Erica: How's the homework coming?

Aiden: ...homework? Uh...right. Homework. It's going great.

Erica: Uh-huh...


Stephenie: Thanks for suggesting the pool to your mom.

Aiden: Oh, no problem.


Still keeping up with your fishing?

Aiden: I try. I'm still not catching anything too valuable, though.


Stephenie: Thank you for spending your extra money on me.

Erica: Hey, you're not the only one who can enjoy that pool.


Stephenie: So what are we going to do for Aiden's birthday?

Birthday?


Oh, I see...

Erica: I have a plan. Don't worry.





And it looks like the swimming paid off! Congrats, Stephenie!

Stephenie: Thanks!


Aiden: Mom...why is everything out of my room? I'm not even a young adult yet-why are you kicking me out?

Erica: I'm not kicking you out. Did you happen to notice the staircase in there now?

Aiden: ...no...


Erica: I figured that once you grew up and got married you would need your own space, so we added a basement onto the house. You've got a whole studio apartment down here.


Aiden: Hey, cool...a woodworking table...wait, I feel funny...


Oops. I can never time these birthdays right.


Sorry you didn't get to blow out candles on a cake, Aiden.

Aiden: That's ok. We still get to eat the cake. That's all that counts.


Stephenie, would your coach approve of that?

Stephenie: Hey, I have a way to work it off now!

That's true! Ok, it's about time for me to be moving on. I'll see you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Wow, round 4 already! These guys are finally starting to get on their feet financially. This lot really reminded me that Sims 4's appeal is really in the little details, especially watching the changes in Stephenie now that she's an elder. It wasn't even the obvious things like getting the "dangerously tired" buff when working out. It was things like napping off and on throughout the day even when her energy bar wasn't in yellow. I remember my own grandmother doing the same thing. I also am still having trouble getting the timing of this game down, especially where aging is concerned. If anybody knows exactly how long after the "It's X's Birthday" notification the age transition automatically happens please let me know so I don't have any more sad Sims because of missed birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment