Sunday, February 12, 2017

Bernard 3: Round 13



Last round, Aruba and Trout were still welcoming their second child, Hosnian. After some redecoration, they decided to make up for lost time and try for a third child, but found conceiving difficult. They ultimately decided to adopt instead, adding another daughter, Corellia. Meanwhile, their oldest daughter Alderaan grew from a child to a teenager.


Hi, guys!

Aruba: Oh, hi mysterious voice.

Everything ok around here?

Trout: Yeah, can't complain.

Glad to see things are going better than at your twins' house.

Aruba: I know. Trout, you really should talk to your brother...

Trout: Trust me, I've tried. There's no getting through to him.


How are the little guys doing?

Trout: Great. I think we're really getting the hang of this toddler thing.


And I take it you're still head babysitter?

Alderaan: Babysitter? More like third parent.


Trout: Hosnian, where did the rest of the chocolate cake go?

Hosnian: I don't know.

Trout: You don't know? Then how did this plate get in here...

Hosnian: I don't know!

Ahh, the toddler universal answer...


Uh-oh...I think they're plotting something.

Aruba: I'm on it!


Aruba: Now remember to share that popcorn, you two.

Aww, family movie day?

Aruba: I figured I'd let Alderaan sleep in a little. I feel bad about how much she has to help us out.

She doesn't seem to mind.

Aruba: I know. But still, it wasn't her choice for us to wait so long between her and Hosnian. And then this whole toddler thing happened...

Corellia: Mama! Shh! Movie!


Well, maybe things will get a little bit easier around here now. 


Happy birthday, dear Hosnian...


Ok, creativity. Very easy.


He's still a cute little guy, too.


Hosnian: Aren't you tired yet?

Corellia: Not tired! Wanna play blocks?

Hosnian: No..I have to go to bed. I have school tomorrow.


Hosnian: Monster!

Oh, no...poor Aruba...


Or Alderaan. I stand corrected.

Hosnian: Alderaan! Come quick! There's a monster under my bed!

Alderaan: Can't you go wake up Mom or Dad?

Hosnian: You were closer!


Corellia, it's the middle of the night...shouldn't you be in bed too?

Corellia: No bed! No bed!

Alderaan: She doesn't care. I swear, this kid doesn't need sleep. At least the blocks are quiet.


Oh, hey. Nanny Faith is back.

Corellia: Look! It's an octopus!

Faith: Yes, it is! That's such a big word! You're a smart little girl!


Alderaan: You know, I really do have to go do my homework now...and so do you.

Hosnian: Just a little bit longer, please?

Alderaan: (sigh) All right...


Faith: There now. No more monsters under this bed!

Hosnian: Thanks, Nanny Faith!

You're spraying the kid's bed with monster spray? Ok, I just have to ask again...what kind of nanny are you?


Hosnian: I love you, Nanny Faith! I hope you take care of us forever!

Faith: Well, I'll be here as long as your mommy and daddy need me...


Which shouldn't be for too much longer.


Gee, Aruba, if I didn't know any better I'd say you're rushing to get the toddler years behind you.

Aruba: It's not that I'm anxious for her to grow up, but...she's really been running us all ragged. And we're not getting any younger. Plus, I'll be at work tonight and I don't want Alderaan to have to worry about baking the cake when she gets home.


Corellia: Nanny Faith! Guess what?

Faith: What?

Corellia: It's my birthday! I'm a big girl!

Faith: Really? Well I'm glad I came over, then.


Happy birthday, dear Corellia...


At least all that extra energy helped her build her skills up.


Hmm...you know, I think I liked your old hairstyle better.

Corellia: Me too.


Corellia: You like my new outfit, Nanny Faith?

Faith: I love it!

Corellia: Can you stay until Mommy and Daddy get home?

Faith: What about Alderaan?

Corellia: She's out with her boyfriend...


Oh, right. I almost forgot about her and Thunder.


Glad to see a date happen somewhere other than the flea market.

Alderaan: Oh, this isn't a date...


Really, now?

Alderaan: Ok, it's kind of a date.


Alderaan: Whoa! What...what was that?

Thunder: Sorry, I was trying to empathize with you.

Alderaan: And that's how you do that?

Thunder: Not all the time, but every now and then it slips out. Did it hurt?

Alderaan: Not really, it just felt...strange.

Thunder: I'm so sorry...

Alderaan: Hey, nothing to be sorry for. I've been learning about alien powers-it's ok.

Thunder: Really?

Alderaan: Well, I figured if I was going to be dating an alien I should know.


Corellia: What are you doing?

Alderaan: ...I'm...exercising.

Corellia: Cause you wanna look good for your boyfriend?

Alderaan: Will you please leave me alone?

Corellia: Alderaan has a boyfriend! Alderaan has a boyfriend!


Oh, good. Mom's home. Congratulations!

Aruba: Thanks.


Faith: Well, it's just about time for me to go.

Hosnian: Ok. Hey, tomorrow, can we...

Faith: Hosnian...do you remember when we talked about your mommy and daddy needing me?


Hosnian: Yeah.

Faith: Well, you two are big enough to stay home by yourselves now.

Corellia: What? You're not coming back?


Corellia: But you have to come back! Who's going to make us dinner? And read us stories? And...

Faith: Your mom and dad can make you dinner. And don't forget, you still have a big sister.

Corellia: But it's not the same!


Corellia: But Mom, why does Nanny Faith have to leave?

Aruba: I told you, dear. You and Hosnian are big kids now. Once you start to go to school, you're big enough to be home by yourself without a nanny.

Corellia: Start to go to school, huh?


What are you doing?

Corellia: Shh! I'm hiding!

From what?

Corellia: From school. If I don't start going to school, then Nanny Faith will have to come back because I won't be big enough to be by myself.

Interesting plan. But I don't think it's going to work.

Corellia: Why?

Well, first off, today is Saturday...


Hosnian: So what are we supposed to do all day if Nanny Faith isn't here?

Alderaan: You two could go down to the children's center.

Hosnian: By ourselves?

Alderaan: Yes, by yourselves. Man, what is with you two?

Hosnian: Are you going to have Thunder come over so you can kiss...

Alderaan: Just go! 


Hosnian: So how are we going to get Mom and Dad to let Nanny Faith come back?

Corellia: Well my plan would have worked if Alderaan hadn't opened the closet.

Hosnian: We have to make Mom and Dad think we're not big enough to be home by ourselves yet.

Corellia: But Mom and Dad aren't even here.

Hosnian: No, but there's other grown ups here. Maybe they'll see us and yell at Mom and Dad.

Corellia: You want to get Mom and Dad in trouble?

Hosnian: You want Nanny Faith back or not?


Hosnian: Whoa! I'm gonna fall!

Corellia: Me too! I'm not big enough for these!

Hosnian: Why did we come here without our nanny?

Sadness: Um...you two know it won't like, hurt, if you fall, right? Besides, aren't you too big to have a nanny?

Hosnian: What do you know?


Aruba: Listen, honey. I know you two loved Nanny Faith. But you don't need a babysitter anymore! You're going to be at school all day anyway. You'll see-before too long you won't even notice...

Corellia: Yes I will! I'll always notice! It's not fair! She didn't have to leave when Hosnian got big! And Alderaan was already big when she got here! Why does she have to leave when I get big?

Aruba: Because you're the last baby...I mean, the last big girl.

Corellia: So, if we had another baby...

Aruba: No, Corellia.


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: So, I don't know if Faith is representative of all TS4 nannies, or if I just lucked out, but man, she is good! She really did autonomously spray Hosnian's bed for monsters (as well as Alderaan's, who didn't need it, but whatever) and she even helped him out with his homework. By the time Corellia aged up, she had a full green relationship bar with both her and Hosnian. Those kids absolutely loved her-more than Aruba or Trout.



No comments:

Post a Comment