Thursday, February 9, 2017

Palmer 3: Round 13







Last round, Marlin and Blair's older daughter, Jessie, grew from a child to a teenager. Blair even marked the occasion by throwing an actual party, though the guest list seemed to lean towards her friends instead of her daughter's. Jessie soon began a relationship with Planet Kauker. Meanwhile, younger sister Riley chased her childhood ambition. Blair and Marlin also progressed in their respective careers, even though Blair progressed much faster.


Hi there, Marlin!

Marlin: Oh, hey.

Finally got your own bar?

Marlin: Yeah. It took some convincing with Blair.

How'd you win her over?

Marlin: By reminding her that I won't be able to get promoted if I don't practice this stuff. 

Where are the girls?

Marlin: Well, Riley's upstairs, but Jessie's going out today to the...

Wait...let me guess...


Marlin: How did you know?

Because for some reason you've all become obsessed with thrift shopping lately.


And apparently it's become a hot dating spot, too.


Jessie: Hey, so...I just have one thing to do before we hit the market, ok?

Planet: Ok...what is it?

Jessie: Well, I just have to try and sell some of my mom's paintings. It was the only way she'd let me come.

Planet: But won't that take all day?


How many paintings do you have to sell?

Jessie: Just a few. Normally she sells them to an art gallery, but I guess she missed these when she first painted them. She said they don't reflect her current standards or something, so she didn't want the gallery to see them.


Well, hopefully it doesn't take too long. Looks like we've got a party to get back for.


Planet: So did you sell all your mom's stuff?

Jessie: Yeah. I just hope I got enough for them.

Planet: Will she care?

Jessie: About her paintings? Absolutely.

Planet: Then why didn't she come sell them?

Jessie: Something about not wanting to seem washed up. I guess it wouldn't look good to her coworkers if she was seen selling her paintings at a flea market. (sigh) I should get home. It's my sister's birthday. Unless you want to come...

Planet: Nah, I'm kind of sick of cake from my house. I'll call you in a few days.

Jessie: Alright.


Just in time! Nice job, Riley.


Happy birthday, dear Riley...


Aww, she's just like Mom!


And she grew up nice, too.


Jessie: Don't worry! You're gonna do great!

Riley: But what if I can't make new friends? All of my old friends are still in elementary school! I wish Sadness was coming with me.

Jessie: Relax! It'll be fine. You'll see.


Riley: Mom, can you help me out with this?

Blair: Absolutely! It's looking great so far...

Riley: Really?

Blair: Yes. You've really inherited my talent, haven't you? Jessie, do you want me to help you out too?


Jessie: Um, that's ok. I'm going out with Planet.


Planet: How was the birthday?

Jessie: Oh, it was fine.

Planet: You don't sound too convincing...


Jessie: It's just...Riley chose the same aspiration as Mom, and now it's like I barely exist. It's like, if she can't talk about painting or colors or supplies, she has no time for you...

Planet: Can't you talk to your dad about cooking?

Jessie: Sort of. But I don't really have any interest in mixology, and he kind of drifted away from the kitchen after we got the bar.

Planet: Well, if it helps, things around my house aren't any better ever since Asteroid was born.

Jessie: Yeah...I can't believe your parents had another baby.

Planet: Dad says he didn't plan it. I don't think Mom even knew until he was born.

Jessie: But...didn't your mom have the baby?

Planet: You don't know? That's not how alien babies happen, Jessie.

Jessie: Huh? Then how...wait a minute, is that why your dad...

Planet: Uh-huh.

Jessie: But...my mom's an alien. So that means...

 Planet: Yup. Your grandfather was actually your grandmother, too.

Jessie: It's just so typical that nobody told me this!

Planet: Well, to be fair, I don't think mine are planning to tell Asteroid that little detail-at least not for awhile. Or, I think that's their plan. They're both so stressed now-it's awful.

Jessie: (sigh) Well, at least we're almost out of high school.


Jessie: Thanks for taking me out. I really needed this.

Planet: Yeah, me too, I...whoa!

Looks like these two are officially an item!


And I see you were able to make a new friend after all!

Riley: Yeah...this is Maxwell.

Maxwell: Your backyard is awesome.

Riley: Um...thanks, I guess.


Jessie: Mom, can I ask you something? About my grandmother?

Blair: What? Why?

Jessie: It's...for a report. For school. We have to write about our family history.

Blair: Oh. Well, your grandmother died well before you were born. I was still in high school. In fact, she must have had us very late in life-I can't even remember her being young.

Jessie: Was Grandma an alien too?

Blair: No...neither was your grandfather, actually.

Jessie: So how did you and Aunt Madison...

Blair: Well how should I know? You know how genetics are. Sometimes these things just happen.

Jessie: So, you never asked either of them?

Blair: I had other issues going on at the time, Jessie. I hadn't learned to embrace who I am yet-for most of my childhood I was forced to cover myself up with makeup. We didn't even use the word alien then.

Jessie: So, you didn't even know...

Blair: Didn't even know what?

Jessie: Um...nothing. I think I have enough to do my report now.


I guess putting in that bar paid off. Nice job, Marlin.

Marlin: Thanks.

Any ideas for how to celebrate?

Marlin: Yeah, actually...


Wow! A waterslide?

Marlin: Yeah. I saw one of these when the girls were little but we couldn't afford it then. I figured better late than never. I even invited over some of my siblings to help break it in.


Glad to see you could get out of the house, Tetra.

Tetra: Yeah, me too. This thing is awesome-we'll have to put one in when the kids get bigger.

Duly noted.

Jessie: So, Aunt Tetra...is there anything about Dad's side of the family I don't know?

Tetra: I don't think so...we're pretty average, all things considered.

Jessie: Whew! That's a relief...

Well as much as I'd like to stay for all the waterslide fun, I have to be on my way. I'll see you guys next round!




A Message From the Mysterious Voice: It's actually been a little sad seeing all the kids grow up this round. Riley was really cute as a kid-I hope that her genetics are strong. Thanks to mentoring from her mom, her painting skill is already halfway maxed. I never really used that option before, because so few Sims have maxed skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment