Sunday, February 19, 2017

Rowan 1: Round 13


And to wrap up round 13, we've got one more new house. This one belongs to Nemo Palmer and Adrianna Rowan.


Hey there, Nemo! How you liking the new place?

Nemo: Oh, it's fine I guess. It's just...

What?

Nemo: We had to move into this new development across town. We're so far away from everyone.

Are you two the only ones here?

Nemo: Seems like it for now.





No surprises with this one.


So, you two start work today?

Adrianna: No, not until tomorrow.

Nemo: Which should give us some time to...check out the bedroom?


Ok, ok...


Anyone surprised here? Anyone?


Adrianna: Nemo, I have...oh...um...

Nemo: We have company, honey...

Adrianna: Hi Moss...hi, Marylin...

Nemo: What...um...what are you guys doing here?

Moss: Well, we're going to be neighbors, so we thought we'd drop in...

Nemo: Neighbors...great....no, that's great...

Marylin: Hi, Nemo.

Nemo: Um...hi, Marylin. You're...looking well.

Marylin: I know.


Adrianna: Well that was awkward.

Nemo: You think? I know we wanted neighbors, but my ex girlfriend wasn't what I had in mind.

Adrianna: Why did she look so...angry? Did things end badly between you two?

Nemo: Well, not exactly...I...um...never really formally ended things between us. I just kind of stopped returning her calls.

Adrianna: Nemo!

Nemo: Look, I was a dumb kid, ok? I didn't know what else to do. It's not like I'm proud of it.

Adrianna: Well, maybe it's a good thing they're moving so close.

Nemo: What?

Adrianna: Well, it seems like she's happy with Moss, and you and I are together...maybe we can put all this behind us.

Nemo: I hope you're right...say, what were you going to tell me earlier?

Adrianna: Oh, nothing much. I'm just pregnant...

Nemo: Oh, is that all...what?


Nice going, Adrianna.

Adrianna: Thanks.


So they gave you a computer?

Adrianna: Well I'd hardly call it a computer, but yeah. I guess they figured it'd be hard for me to blog without one.


Wow, looks like it's any day now.

Adrianna: Yup. I can't believe this is just for one baby...

Nemo: Are you sure you want to keep going to work?

Adrianna: Nemo, I'm a writer. It's not like it's I'm doing physical labor. I'll be fine.


Wait, what are you doing home so early?

Adrianna: They sent me home once the contractions started.

Does that mean...

Adrianna: Yup.




Um, shouldn't we be heading to the hospital right about now?

Adrianna: No...I...want...to...stay...here

Really? Well, ok...


Nemo: It's alright...just relax...it'll be over soon.


Adrianna: I think this is it...


It's a girl! Welcome, baby Athena...


...And a boy! Welcome, Hermes!


Adrianna: Twins? How...

Nemo: Well, multiples run in my family. 

Adrianna: They do?

Nemo: Yeah. My mom's a twin, and she had the triplets after me...

Adrianna: You know, you probably should have mentioned that sooner, dear.

Where's the other one? 


Aww, looks like Hermes took after his dad.


Nemo: Wow...I can't believe I have two kids! This is all happening so fast.


Well fortunately your career seems to be keeping up. Nice job.

Nemo: Thanks.


Adrianna: There! Finally, it's done!

Started getting into the publishing game?

Adrianna: I had to. But it's not going as fast as it used to with the twins. It seems like I'm getting up to feed someone or change someone every two words.


Well, I hate to tell you this but that's not going to be getting better for some time.


Ok, looks like we're doing Athena first...Happy birthday, dear Athena...





Whoa!

Adrianna: What?

Why are her eyes purple?

Adrianna: I...I don't know. Maybe it's from Nemo's side?


Happy birthday, dear Hermes...




Wow, he really does look just like his dad.

Adrianna: I know! But...his eyes are brown.

So they are...


Seems like he's a smart little guy too. He's reading already.


And I love the new hairstyle.

Adrianna: Thanks. Those curls would have been way too much for me to keep up with. I still can't explain the purple eyes, though. 

I think they're kind of cute.

Adrianna: Oh, no, they are. But you'd think Nemo would have warned me..though, he didn't mention the whole multiples thing so I don't know why I'm surprised. I just hope there are no more little surprises.


Well, at least we get to end the week on a good surprise. Nice job, Nemo. I'll see all you guys next round!




A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And we've reached Newcrest! Yeah...if you take a look at the picture on the main page, you'll notice that Willow Creek is getting pretty crowded, so it was time to branch out. I love that Hermes took after his dad so much-his blue skin is just a little bit more diluted. And I have absolutely no idea where Athena's purple eyes came from. As far as I can tell, there's no one in either Nemo or Adrianna's family that has them. 

And that just about wraps up round 13! Scorecard time!












No comments:

Post a Comment