Monday, February 6, 2017

Lytle 1: Round 13


Last round was a busy one for the Lytle family. The baby of the family, Emerald, grew into a toddler, which was a first for Charley and Nimbus. Meanwhile, second son Forest joined his brother Moss in high school. His younger brothers Hunter and Pine each chased after their childhood aspirations, while Charley struggled to keep up with her large family and still find time to practice her music.


Morning, guys!

Moss: Oh, hi mysterious voice.

What's going on around here today?

Moss: I'm heading into the city.

Let me guess...


The flea market?

Moss: How did you know?

I had a hunch. Going with anyone?


Oh, Marylin...

Moss: You know her?

A bit. 


Hi there, Marylin.

Marylin: Oh, you again. Hi.

Sorry things didn't work out between you and Nemo.

Marylin: Yeah, well...should we get shopping before everything's gone?

Moss: Actually, I had another idea...


Marylin: Whoa! What is this stuff?

Moss: Beats me.

Um, are you sure this is safe? Or legal?

Moss: Sure. They wouldn't leave this thing out in the open in the middle of a flea market if it wasn't.

(Sigh) I'm going to go check on the rest of the family.


How's it going with the toddler?

Charley: Fine, I suppose. But she doesn't give me one moment's peace.

Well, she is clingy, and you're the one home during the day.

Charley: I just hope this doesn't last.


Emerald, weren't you just complaining that you were hungry?

Emerald: Uh-huh...

Then why are you throwing your cereal all over the kitchen?

Emerald: I dunno...


And so begins what I assume will be a string of many, many birthdays...


Emerald: Where's Daddy?

Charley: He's at work, sweetie. But he'll be back when you wake up from your nap. Then we'll have Hunter's party and you can have cake!

Emerald: You promise?

Charley: I promise. Now please, go to sleep!


Nice job, Nimbus. Though I suppose this doesn't do much to ease Charley's fears about your safety.

Nimbus: No, and I don't think anything will at this point. But once the kids were all here it was a little late to split hairs about exactly how the money was coming in, you know?


Forest: So how are things with you and Marylin?

Moss: Oh, great. She's amazing. How about you? Any girls at school seem...interesting?

Forest: Eh, I don't know.

Moss: Don't worry. I'm sure you'll meet someone. If you want, once I graduate you can take my spot in the romance club.

Forest: Maybe. That whole thing seems kind of weird. Hey, we should probably get downstairs for the party.

Moss: Oh, yeah. Mom will kill us if we miss it.


Happy birthday, dear Hunter...


...Really?

Hunter: What?

I think this town has a problem...


He doesn't look half bad, though.


And it looks like Charley's finally going to get a break!


Group study session?

Pine: Sort of.

Forest: Man, look at all the ugly pictures I drew as a kid.

Pine: Hey! Some of those are mine! And I'm still a kid!


Charley: Are you excited? Today's your birthday! You're going to be a big girl tonight!

Emerald: No! I wanna stay little!

Charley: You want to stay little? Don't you want to get big and go to school?

Emerald: No! No school!


Emerald: Pine! I wanna play too!

Moss: Emerald, if you want to play on the monkey bars, you have to grow up to a big kid first.

Emerald: Really?

Moss: Uh-huh.

Emerald: Ok...can I have a cake?

Moss: Um...sure! A cake...Forest! You around?


Moss: Ok, so we added the flour and the milk...oh, do we have eggs?

Forest: Maybe we should have checked for that first.

Wait, you two are baking the birthday cake?

Moss: Well, yeah. Mom and Dad don't get home until late.

Are you sure you know what you're doing?

Moss: Not really-but that's why we're doing it together.

Just make sure one of you is holding a fire extinguisher when it goes into the oven, ok?


Well, it looks like a cake...Happy Birthday, dear Emerald...


And I guess she really did want to hit those monkey bars!


Emerald: Um...can I have a new outfit?

Sure. 


Much better.


So how does it feel to be on the big kid monkey bars?

Emerald: Fun, I guess. But I still don't want to go to school.

Well, I'm afraid you don't have much of a choice there.

Emerald: Why?

Because all kids have to go to school. And besides, I think your mom is about ready to snap from raising all of you back to back.


Charley: They're all gone?

Nimbus: Yup!

Charley: We did it?

Nimbus: We did it!

Charley: They're all at school?

Nimbus: They're all at school!

Charley: I...I don't know what I want to do first! Should I clean, or should I practice my piano, or...who am I kidding? I'm taking a nap!

It's well earned, Charley.


Oh, hi there Leia.

Leia: Hi. I just came over to see if Pine wanted to play this afternoon.

Pine: Me and Emerald are going to the children's center. You can come if you want!

Your mom booted you out of the house, didn't she?

Pine: How did you know?


Wait, are you guys all at the kids center? Aren't you all a little old to be here?

Moss: They just added a teen lounge upstairs.


I see. Looks like a fun place.

Forest: Yeah, they have everything here!


Jessie: This place is great! I'll have to come back here with Planet...

Forest: Planet? My cousin?

Jessie: Yeah, he and I are kind of a thing...did...did you not know that?

Maybe we should all head home before this gets any more awkward?



Besides, it looks like we've got a couple more birthdays to attend to.


Oh, great...

Forest: Hunter! You have to stay by the stove when you're cooking, idiot!

Hunter: I am by the stove! The bathroom's not that far away!

Forest: It's far away enough that you didn't see your sandwich catch on fire!


Wait, who is this?

Forest: Who cares? She seems like she knows what she's doing!


So, now that the fire's out...who are you?

Tasha: My name's Tasha. I was walking by when I noticed the fire.

And you just took it upon yourself to put it out?

Tasha: Well, when I saw the little girl run outside screaming I know I had to do something.

Forest: Um...thanks.

Tasha: You boys need to be more careful! And good luck cleaning the stove before your parents get home.

Alright, now with that out of the way let's get back to the birthdays...


Oops, I guess I missed getting Pine's candle shot. 

Pine: How did you manage to do that? I thought you were an all-powerful voice.

I never said that...

Pine: I knew I was the reject...

You are not...

Pine: Whatever.

What aspiration did you pick?


Continuing down the music road, I see.

Pine: Yeah.

As long as it's not mixology, I'm happy.


Now onto the older one...though, I guess we're doing Marylin first...




And now onto Moss. Happy birthday, dear Moss...


Any chance of talking you out of that mixology thing?

Moss: Um, no.

Fine, just asking...


Well, I guess we'd better get you into the culinary career then.


Still keeping up with the garden?

Nimbus: Well, sort of. Now that we're a bit more well off we've actually been hiring someone to come by and do a lot of the grunt work. 

Doesn't that get expensive?

Nimbus: Not as expensive as you'd think. Besides, it's worth it to not have to spend every waking hour I'm not at work watering or weeding.



And I see these two finally sealed the deal.


Moss: So tell me, what happened with Nemo?

Marylin: Nemo? How did you know about him?

Moss: I heard the mysterious voice mention him when we were at the flea market.

Marylin: Right. Thanks, mysterious voice.

Just doing my job.

Marylin: We dated in high school a few times, but it didn't work out. That's all.

Moss: What do you mean, didn't work out?

Marylin: We just...drifted apart, I guess. I kept calling him but before I knew it he was with some other girl.

Moss: Wow. I never thought Nemo could do something like that. You think you know a guy...


Congratulations, Charley!

Charley: Thanks.

Any plans for the bonus check?

Charley: Yes, I think we're making another addition to the backyard.


Emerald: Guess what?

Um...you guys all need new athletic clothes?

Emerald: No! We got a basketball hoop!

Oh, I see. I guess this was the new backyard addition?

Nimbus: With this many teenage boys, the monkey bars just weren't cutting it anymore.



A nightclub? It's 10 in the morning.

Moss: What? They're still open.


Man, that must have been some date!


I think she said yes!


And I guess that means Moss is striking out on his own for round 14! The rest of you, I'll see you back here next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: I think this lot wins the award for the most birthdays in a single week! I ended up missing the picture of Pine because I accidentally hit the "M" key when trying to hit the arrows to turn the camera. (I do that a lot). Usually the game pauses while the map loads, but this time it didn't-and Pine aged up while the map was loading. Hence why I didn't get a screenshot of his "Aged Up" dialogue box either. I'm also pretty sure he doesn't have a second trait because I never got to pick one. I'm also not sure why or how Tasha ended up coming inside to put out the fire, but I'm glad she did. I guess Emerald may have talked to her just before the fire broke out, so she was technically considered a guest, but I didn't see it if that happened. And yes, I added a teen floor to the kids center. It's actually a pretty nice place, I might upload it to the gallery soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment