Monday, February 6, 2017

Kauker 1: Round 13



Last round, the eldest child of the Kauker family, Galaxy, settled into high school and joined the Teen Romance club. By the end of the week, he had settled on a girlfriend named Leanna. Meanwhile, middle child Planet also grew to a teen, leaving his younger sister Universe feeling left out still in elementary school. 


Already? Well, I would ask what's been going on around here but I think I have my answer.


How are you feeling?

Cirrus: Fine. Never better. A bit winded, but...

I was going to ask...what's with the treadmill? You're a businessman. You don't need fitness skill.

Cirrus: Oh, Arielle and I are on a diet.


So you're in on this too?

Arielle: It was my idea. I caught sight of myself in the mirror the other day...I did not like what I saw.

Well, when you have 3 kids and eat nothing but macaroni and cheese, you're bound to put on a few pounds.


Man, this place has an arcade machine?

Galaxy: I know, right?

Sure isn't like any library I've ever been to.


Looks like it's time for the teenage years times 3!


Oh, no...


So, um...how's the diet going?

Cirrus: Pretty well for Arielle. But nothing I do seems to be working-I'm only getting bigger.

Yeah, about that...do you remember when Rain was born?

Cirrus: Sort of. I was just a kid then, you know?

Uh-huh...do you remember your dad right before Rain was born?

Cirrus: I remember he put on a lot of weight...wait a minute...no, no that can't be it.

I think it is. You might want to have a talk with Arielle.

Cirrus: No, that's not it....it's just something I ate, that's all. Now, I have to get Universe's cake finished, so if you'll excuse me...

Whatever you say...


Happy birthday, dear Universe...


Whew!

Universe: What?

I'm just glad you don't want to be a mixologist.


And you grew up really nicely too.

Universe: Thanks, I think...


Cirrus: Whoa!

What?

Cirrus: Something just...popped inside of me. It sounds weird, I know, but...

Now do you believe me?

Cirrus: No, it can't be true...


Planet: Mom? What's wrong with Dad?

Arielle: What do you mean, Planet?

Planet: Well, he's been acting really weird lately.

Arielle: Oh, I'm sure it's just this diet we're on. It's making me kind of moody too.

Planet: Well, I don't know how well it's working for him-if I didn't know better I'd swear his stomach looks like he's pregnant.

Arielle: Planet! 

Planet: What?


Cirrus: Everybody ready for school...OW!

Galaxy: You ok, dad?

Cirrus: Never better! Just..wanted..to...check...in...and...make...sure...things...


Ok, maybe we can finish this lovely family discussion later? After we visit the hospital?


Cirrus: I'm really glad you're here.

Arielle: Everything will be fine. Let's just get you checked in.


Ramin: Hey, I was here first!

Cirrus: Yeah, sorry...I'm sort of...maybe...having a baby here!


Wow, this must be a strange event. The doctor even put back on his doctor clothes.


It's a boy! Welcome baby Asteroid!


Cirrus: Wow, he looks...just like Rain did.

I told you...


So...

Cirrus: You were right.

I know I was right.

Cirrus: It's just so weird that this happened to my dad and me. Like, exactly. My dad had 3 kids, we were almost all grown up, and boom, Rain came along.

At least you have an example to follow.

Cirrus: I just wish he was still alive.


So, have you two met your new brother yet?

Planet: Half brother. And yes, we have.

Universe: It's not fair. Why did they have to have another kid?

It's not like your father planned to get abducted, Universe.

Universe: Yeah, I know. But still...


At least there will be one more daytime babysitter soon.


So how are you adjusting to the new baby?

Galaxy: Well, it is a bit odd. After all, all us kids are in high school and I'm almost graduated-most families don't really bring home a new baby at that point.

No, they don't. Especially not one that came out of their dad.

Galaxy: I haven't even begun to process that part yet. I knew there were aliens, but I never knew that is where they came from.


Happy birthday, dear Galaxy...





So, he's sleeping in the hallway?

Universe: He'll take Galaxy's old room once he moves out. But for now, we didn't exactly have a place to put him. He is kind of cute, I guess.


Speaking of moving out...


I think she said yes!


Nice job!

Arielle: Thanks. Pretty good salary for doing what I would be doing at home anyway.


Universe: Ok, little guy, since you're going to be here for awhile let me fill you in on some things. First off, there's this monster...

And I guess Universe is coming around about her new little brother. Unfortunately I have to be on my way now. Just, do me a favor and nobody investigate any weird lights until I get back, ok? I'll see you guys next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Surprise! So yeah...that happened. I was actually planning for this lot to be all about the teenagers dating, but I guess the game had other plans. It's been so long since an abduction resulted in a pregnancy that I didn't even pay attention to Cirrus until he got the first moodlet. I really, really wasn't planning for these guys to have another child, and because Arielle and Cirrus are well into their adulthood, there is a very high likelihood that they will not survive to see Asteroid graduate high school-especially with the toddler stage now added to the mix. So, Universe may end up being this house's heiress after all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment