Friday, February 3, 2017

Palmer 2: Round 13


Last round was full of surprises for the Palmer family. Despite their daughter Daisy having been an only child for most of her childhood, Azalea and Silas found themselves expecting their second child. Azalea gave birth to a baby boy, Thistle, who soon grew into the family's first toddler. Meanwhile, Daisy grew to a teenager and her longtime friendship with Lucas from her father's garden club began to blossom into something more. Sadly Ryan passed away from old age, which was especially hard on his wife Addison. By the end of the week, Azalea had found herself pregnant again...and judging by the picture the family had one more surprise left in them.


Ok, you guys know the drill. Time to introduce the mysterious voice to your new arrivals.

Silas: Well, the one in the pink cradle is Rose, and the one in the blue cradle is Lily.

Why do you guys always seem to have twins when I'm away?


So, you guys are really done now, right?

Silas: I sure hope so.


Oh, great...at least we know she's too old for any more surprises.


Thistle: And then the flew into the building...and...and it blew up!

Azalea: Sounds exciting.

What's he talking about?

Silas: Some superhero show he saw. He's talking up a storm now.


Oops...must have missed Silas's birthday message last week.


Sorry about that Silas.

Silas: Oh, it's alright.


Still having a hard time after losing Ryan?

Addison: Every time I think I'm doing better, I walk by that urn and I just start crying...

Would it help to move it out into the yard? That's what most families do around here.

Addison: No, I...don't want it in the garden. That's been my happy place since I was a child. Besides, where would be put it? We have no more yard space with all the fruit trees.


Wait...Lucas has a house?

Daisy: Of course...where else would he live?

Huh...well, I guess that's ok for now.

Daisy: What?

Nothing...let's head over.


Daisy: Wow, your house is amazing.

Lucas: Thanks. It's not as big as yours. And we don't have such an amazing garden.

I think Daisy's family garden crossed the line into "orchard" long ago, Lucas.


Mila: Hello there. You must be Daisy. I'm Lucas's mom, and this is his brother Wolfgang...

Wait...what?

Daisy: Oh, I...um...well, this is kind of awkward but we always assumed Bjorn from the garden club was his dad...

Mila: Oh, him...no, he just runs the garden club. Lucas needed extra credit for an assignment once and signed up. 

Wolfgang: More like garden cult, if you ask me. Guy spouts more gibberish about plants...

Mila: Wolfgang, behave yourself! So where are you two kids off to tonight?

Daisy: Well, we were thinking of going to dinner...



Wow, this is a fancy spot for two teenagers.

Lucas: Hey, we can clean up nice once in awhile.

Daisy: It's so nice to finally get out of the house again...you have no idea what it's like living with two babies and a toddler.


Yeah, speaking of cleaning up...what was he doing that he got that dirty?

Silas: I'm not sure, exactly...I kind of don't want to know?


You sure seem to have bounced back fast from giving birth to twins.

Azalea: Yeah...even I'm surprised. It was a hard birth, you know.

It was?

Azalea: Well, so Silas tells me. I was kind of out of it for most of it.


Azalea: Silas, can I talk to you about something?

Silas: Sure, honey. What's up?

Azalea: When I was in the hospital having the twins...you were with me the whole time, right?

Silas: Of course! I mean, they wouldn't let me in the room when you were in surgery, but I was right outside the door, and I came in the minute it was over. Why?

Azalea: So, were you the one who gave the doctor the name "Lily"?

Silas: No, actually...they'd been named when the doctor came out. I thought you named them both.

Azalea: I guess I must have, but...it's so strange, Silas. With Daisy and Thistle, I remember each of their births perfectly. But this time...

Silas: You don't remember having the twins?

Azalea: I remember the doctor saying "It's a girl." And I remember telling him the name Rose...but I don't remember anything about having Lily.

Silas: Well you must have had her, right? I mean, where else would she have come from?

Azalea: I guess you're right, it's just...so strange.

Silas: You're getting older. We both are. And they did have you on a lot of medication.

Azalea: I suppose so...

They did?


Um, Silas?

Silas: Yeah...

About these medications Azalea was on...I've watched a lot of births at that hospital now, and I've never seen them administer any medication beforehand.

Silas: Really?

Yeah. It's a pretty straightforward affair, as far as births go. 

Silas: (sigh) I thought as much. I've never actually been in the room before she was on the table, so I couldn't be sure. So why can't she remember having Lily?

Well, I would think having a toddler and two infants would do things to your memory.

Silas: It's not just that. I've noticed things, too. Something's different about Lily.

What do you mean? The fact that they have different skin tones? That's actually pretty normal.

Silas: No, not just that. For one thing, she won't take Azalea's milk. Rose takes it no problem, but Lily's had to be bottle fed. 

Maybe she's just a fussy eater?

Silas: Maybe. Is there anything you can see...you know, from wherever you are?

Not while she's a baby, unfortunately.


Although it doesn't look like that's going to be the case for much longer.


Happy birthday, dear Lily...


Independent...well, that will be helpful around here.


And wherever she came from, she's cute...

Azalea: What? What do you mean by that?

Nothing, nothing. Let's go do Rose's birthday.


Another silly one...


And she's cute too, although I think a hairstyle change is in order. Ok, now let's see what we can find out about...


Huh...that's odd. Better check Rose...


No, she's fine...so then where did Lily come from?


Hey Addison?

Addison: Yes?

Can I ask you a question?

Addison: I guess, but make it quick...this little guy's wearing me out and I want to get a nap in.

Ok, well, this might sound odd but...when Azalea had the twins while I was away, did you go to the hospital with her?

Addison: Of course not. You know they only let in one relative, and that was Silas. Besides, I had to stay home and watch Thistle. Why?

Well, I was just wondering if anything...odd happened while they were there.

Addison: Well, if by odd you mean me throwing out my back wrestling with this kid, then yes, something odd happened. 

Thistle: More, Grandma! More!

I'll leave you to it, then. Besides, I have to go see about getting the girls new hairstyles. 


You know, I kind of like the hat.


And I think the pigtails work much better for Rose.


Hey, Azalea, about that conversation you had with Silas the other day...

Azalea: Can it wait? I've got a line of potty trainees here...

Rose: Mama! Change!

Azalea: (sigh) Or not...Ok, sweetie. Mommy will change you. We'll try to make it to the potty next time, ok?


So how's triple toddlerhood treating you?

Addison: Triple?

Yes...Thistle and the twins.

Addison: ...Oh, Lily! Right.

You forgot about Lily?

Addison: Everyone forgets about Lily. She's so independent, you know. 

Right...


Silas: Hey, what's going on big guy? It's the middle of the night.

Thistle: Bad dream!

Silas: Oh, buddy, it's ok. Let's get you back to bed...

Rose: Daddy!

Lily: Mama!

Silas: Or we could go check on your sister...

Sisters.

Silas: Right. Sisters.


Silas: Ok, we have to keep the music turned down so Mommy doesn't wake up, ok?

Midnight dance party?

Silas: They won't go back to sleep. I was finally able to get Thistle down, at least. I figured this would  tire them out.


Azalea: Huh...

What?

Azalea: Well, just watching them together...isn't it amazing how siblings can look so different?

Yeah, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. Where do you think her black hair came from?

Azalea: I'm not sure, exactly. It must be hidden in Silas's family somewhere. We don't know too much about them. Genetics can be so odd.


Rose: Yucky!

Daisy: (laughs) No, Rose. It's not called "yucky."

So you're still on babysitting duty?

Daisy: Now more than ever.


Azalea: So how are things with you and Lucas?

Daisy: Ok, I guess. We haven't seen each other much lately since I've been home babysitting so much.

Azalea: I'm sorry, dear. We really weren't planning on having twins. You know that. 

Daisy: I know. And I don't mind-I know I'll be moved out soon. I want to bond with them now. They're my sisters, after all.


Aww...well, related or not they sure seem to love each other.


And it looks like we're finally about to get some relief around here...


Huh? Oh, sorry Azalea. I must have missed your message.

Azalea: (sigh) That's ok.

What's wrong? I know you guys are sad when I miss your birthdays but...

Azalea: No, no. It's not that. It's just...I can't stop thinking about Lily. I'm starting to remember having Rose more and more clearly-why don't I remember having her?

Well...and this is going to sound crazy...maybe you didn't?

Azalea: What? How could that be? Babies don't just materialize from nowhere! If I didn't have her, then where did she come from? No, that can't be it...I'll figure it out, I'm sure.



Rose: Grandma, want eggs?

Addison: Thank you for sharing, sweetie, but I'd rather you ate your whole breakfast.

Gave up on the high chairs?

Addison: We had to. It's just easier to have them eat on the couch. Especially now that they're all using the potty, right?

Rose: Grandma, I had accident...

Addison: (sigh) Ok, Rose. We'll get there next time...


Let's do this party quick before somebody drops from exhaustion. Happy birthday, dear Thistle...


And he maxed his imagination skill, so he should have a jump on that.


Not crazy about the outfit, but otherwise not bad.


Lily, it's the middle of the night. Did you sneak up here and take a piece of cake all by yourself?

Lily: I was hungry!

I see that.


Rose: Thissle....Thissle...wake up!


Thistle: Ugh...what do you want?

Rose: Had bad dream!

Thistle: Why don't you go wake up Mommy?

Rose: No! Mommy sleeping! 

Thistle: So am I!


I see Thistle has a different method for comforting after a nightmare.

Thistle: Now remember, this is our little secret, right?

Rose: Secret!

Thistle: Good, because I'm supposed to go to the park with Daisy later and I don't want to get in trouble before then.


And look who's here...hi, Erica!

Erica: Oh, um...hi. Hi Thistle! Do you remember me? Your grandma brought you over that one time and we played dolls?

Thistle: Yeah, but shh! Don't tell anyone about the playing dolls part.



Looks like Daisy brought a friend too. Glad you two were finally able to see each other again.

Lucas: You and me both.

Daisy: Don't worry, I'm sure once we graduate we'll be able to see each other more often.


I guess playing pirate is more socially acceptable than the dollhouse now.

Thistle: Shh! I told you, don't mention the dollhouse!



Thistle: Bam! I got them!

Erica: Lucky shot...let me try!

Well, I should be on my way. Just don't stay too late, alright? I'll see you guys next round!




A Message From the Mysterious Voice: So, yeah. This lot is going to be a case of "write around the glitch." I have no idea why Lily is not genetically related to anyone else in the house. I can only assume it was a glitch because they were born when I was on another lot. I was initially concerned that she was someone else's kid, but apparently she just appeared out of nowhere. It's actually really sad-because Lily isn't a blood relative none of the adults wanted to care for her as much as they did Thistle and Rose until I manually added her as a care dependent. And I also don't know how Addison survived the whole week. I think she has the same glitch Finley had-her age bar is completely full, but she's still hanging on.

No comments:

Post a Comment