Sunday, June 18, 2017

Bernard 1: Round 16

 

Last round, Bermuda Bernard finally got serious about chasing her angler aspiration after becoming an adult. Meanwhile, her eldest daughter Bahama became involved with her first boyfriend, Sage, who actually found her continued interest in toys and dollhouses charming. 
 

What's wrong, Haiti?

Haiti: Uncle Croix put bacon in the eggs...

And that is a problem because...you're a vegetarian...right.

Haiti: It's not fair! Nobody listens to me about not wanting to eat animals. They keep trying to trick me into eating yucky meat...

Well that's not very nice.

Haiti: I know! I may be a kid but I know what I want to eat and what I don't!
 

So, you two may want to take over cooking for Haiti...

Bermuda: I know. We alternate cooking duty, and today was Khloe's turn. I just wish I could convince Khloe and Croix to take Haiti's vegetarianism seriously. They keep acting like she's just a picky eater...

Ezekiel: Well, can you blame them? This is the same kid who refused everything until she started school...
 

Bahama: Uncle Croix? Can I ask you something?

Croix: Don't you want to ask your mom?

Bahama: Um...not really...

Let's see if Croix has better luck with his other niece...
 

Huh, not the advice I expected from Uncle Croix...
 

Seems to have helped, though.
 

Ezekiel: Um, Khloe? It looks like Cyprus got some paint...

Khloe: Probably from his aunt's easel. It's no big deal, we're outside.

Ezekiel: Yeah, but we're kind of on public property...it's not our yard.

Khloe: Exactly. Someone will come and clean it up...
 

Oh, hey there Sage...
 

Bermuda: Hey, kids...you guys want any snacks?

Sage: No, Mrs. Bernard...we're fine.

Bermuda: All right then...enjoy the movie...
 

Khloe: You're just going to leave them alone like that?

Bermuda: Yeah...they're fine. They're watching a movie in the living room.

Khloe: Ok...but you know how teenagers are when they don't have enough supervision...

Bermuda: You know, speaking of supervision...is there any reason Cyprus is at home?

Khloe: Oh, he said he had a headache this morning, so I let him take the day off...

Well he seems to have recovered now...

Bermuda: Hey! No messes in the house, young man.

Cyprus: You can't tell me what to do! You're not my mom! 
 

Oh, good. The girls are home...hey, this is new...

Haiti: It's science fair day! The whole school has to do it, even the big kids at the high school!
 

Bahama: I don't know why we all have to enter this stupid science fair with you little kids...all your projects are going to be so dumb!

Haiti: Hey, my project is not dumb. And besides, I'm the one with a real chemistry set...you just have a stupid violin.

Bahama: At least my violin doesn't set the house on fire...

Haiti: That was an accident! 
 

Bermuda: (sigh) What is with all the yelling?

Both: She started it!

Bermuda: Look, just go inside and unpack your projects. Haiti, go upstairs to your room. Bahama, you can do yours in the office downstairs... 
 

Um, Cyprus? Didn't your aunt just tell you not to do that?

Cyprus: So? She's not my mom. And my mom's never told me to stop.

Well, at least his mess matches the rug...
 

Oh, right...you're in the business career. Congratulations...

Ezekiel: Thanks...what's that weird smell?

That would be the smell of science. Both your daughters have projects from school.

Ezekiel: But...homework doesn't smell...

Why don't you go downstairs and help Bahama? Bermuda's got Haiti covered.
 

So, what are we making?

Haiti: It's supposed to be a volcano...

Cyprus: Volcano? Cool! Can I help?

Bermuda: Sure...is that ok, Haiti?

Haiti: Yeah, I guess...just don't tell the teacher. I'm supposed to do it all by myself.

Trust me, Haiti, if I know anything about school projects, nobody's doing it all by themselves.
 

Ezekiel: Want some help?

Bahama: Why don't you go upstairs and help the princess? Everybody else is...

Ezekiel: What's gotten into you?
 

Oh, goody...maybe we should put Bahama's project off for later?

Bahama: Didn't you hear us before? The science fair's tomorrow...
Well, in that case...good luck, Ezekiel...
 

Khloe: Are you sure this is still Haiti's project?

Bermuda: It's good for Cyprus to work on it too.

Khloe: I just wish he was getting some of the credit...
 

Cyprus: Whoa, cool. It really erupts!

Haiti: Yup! I'm totally going to win...

Cyprus: You might even beat some of the high school kids...

Speaking of...
 

Bahama: Dad! You messed it up!

What is is supposed to be, exactly?

Bahama: See, even the mysterious voice can't tell what it is. If she can't tell then how's my teacher going to? I don't know why I even asked you to help me! All you know about is how to punch numbers into a stupid computer...

Um, pardon me, but I think I hear something upstairs...
 

Nice job, Croix...

Croix: Thanks...but, why do I hear yelling?

Just a little teenage mood swing...nothing to worry about.

Croix: Can I go back to the office?
 

Sorry...soon you'll have your own teenager to deal with.
 

Whoa...

Bermuda: What? How is this happening already?

What is going on at that school?
 

Haiti: Guess what?

Bahama: What is it, brainiac?

Haiti: I have a boyfriend too..

Bahama: What? No you don't. You just chased around some boys at recess. And you got in trouble for it. Mom's going to get really mad. She might even ground you.

Haiti: She doesn't get mad when you kiss Sage! If you get to kiss a boy then I do too!


Khloe: So, what's this I hear about you trying to kiss the boys at school?

Haiti: Not all of them! Just...one.

Khloe: Oh...so you have your first crush...I remember mine when I was about your age.

Haiti: Mom says I'm too young...

Khloe: Oh, no...it happens to everyone at different times. I think I might have been a bit younger than you are when I had mine. So who's the lucky boy?

Haiti: I don't want to say...

Khloe: Aw, come on...I won't tell anyone. Is he coming to Cyprus's party?

Haiti: Maybe...

Speaking of, where is the birthday boy?
 

Oh, I see. Getting down to the wire on that one, huh?
 

So, we off to the "Rainbow Room" again?

Khloe: Yup. I don't know what has these kids so excited over some new wallpaper and carpet...you'd think they'd re-built the place from scratch.
 

Salmon: So, how you doing there Eli?

Ezekiel: It's Ezekiel...

Salmon: Eh, close enough. Congratulations, though. That Cyprus is a great kid...

Ezekiel: Well, actually, he's not mine...
Salmon: Really? I never would have expected that from Bermuda...I wonder if Jamaica knows...

Ezekiel: That's not what I meant...
 

All right, let's do this before it gets any more awkward. Happy birthday, dear Cyprus...
 

And it seems my luck with aspirations is holding out so far!
 

And he got a decent hairstyle to boot!
 

Haiti: Hi, Garnet...

Garnet: Um...hey, Haiti...

Haiti: Did you like my project for the science fair?

Garnet: It was all right. I'm sure mine will be better...

Haiti: If I win, I'll let you share my ribbon...

I think we may have found Haiti's crush...
 

Khloe: Oh, Bahama...here you are...

Jamaica: What are you doing in here?

Bahama: I just wanted to be alone, ok? Can't I get any privacy in this family?
 

Man, rough week for Bahama...
 

Bermuda: We missed you at dinner...why didn't you come up?

Bahama: I told you, I just want to be alone! Is that so bad?

Bermuda: Well, no...but I would like to know that you're still alive...
 

Bermuda: (sigh) Hello...no, actually, I'm his aunt...I'm the alternate contact, huh?...He what? Well of course he should be punished for that! I'll let his parents know as soon as they get up...I mean, get home...
 

Bermuda: Well, I just got a very interesting phone call while you were asleep...apparently your son was caught hacking into the school's computer.

Croix: Really? That's amazing...

Bermuda: What? Amazing? 

Croix: Yeah...I mean, it took me until I was almost graduated to figure out how to do that...wait, you didn't get him in trouble for it, did you?

Bermuda: Well, forgive me, Croix, but I kind of assumed you wouldn't want your son hacking his grades up...maybe next time answer the phone when the school calls and you can handle it your own way.
 

At least someone's having a good week. 
 

Ezekiel: Is that your sister's old violin?

Haiti: Yeah...this is harder than it looks.

Ezekiel: What happened to the chemistry set?

Haiti: It started making a funny smell again, so Mom said to do something else for awhile...

Ezekiel: Just don't let your sister see you...
 

 Although it looks like that won't be an issue for much longer.
 

Bermuda: So, is it just me, or have things been...weird with Croix and Khloe lately?

Ezekiel: What do you mean, weird? I thought you and Khloe were friends...

Bermuda: We were...I mean, we are, but now that the kids are older...it was so much easier when we both had toddlers, you know? Now it seems like we can't agree on anything.

Ezekiel: What about you and Croix?

Bermuda: (sigh) Croix is no better. I know we're twins, but...we were never that close. Not like Aruba and Jamaica were. I was actually surprised when he stayed here instead of moving out with Khloe.

You and me both.

Ezekiel: You want me to talk to them?

I'm not entirely sure they would even remember who you are, Ezekiel; you've barely spoken to anyone in about 3 weeks now.


So back to the Rainbow Room?

Bahama: Ew, no! We're going to a lounge in the city...

Oh, fancy...
 

Wait...why is Garnet at a young adult birthday party?

Haiti: Mom said I could invite 1 friend so I wasn't bored.

Garnet: But what keeps me from being bored?

Haiti: I don't know. Want to go watch the grown ups dance?
 

Leia: Happy birthday, little cousin...

Aww, look at you guys all grown up...
 

Well, almost all grown up. Happy birthday, dear Bahama....
 

 And I guess those science projects paid off...
 

 ...

Bahama: Well?

Well, what? You look exactly the same...

Bahama: No I don't! You're just not looking hard enough.
 

Oh, right...we have to do Sage now too.
 

Bahama: Will you marry me?

 Not wasting any time here, are we?
 

 I think he said yes!
 

 Alderaan: I can't believe it! You're getting married!

Bahama: I know! It's crazy! I think I want to go to the same place you went to...

Alderaan: Oh, you should. It was so beautiful...
 

 Haiti: It's not fair! Everybody keeps fussing over Bahama...

Ezekiel: Well, that's because weddings are a big deal!


Haiti: Yeah, well, so are birthdays!

Ezekiel: Don't worry, honey. I'll make sure the venue knows to have a special cake for your birthday, too. We won't miss it!

 

 So today's the big day, huh?

Bahama: Yup!

Cyprus: I can't believe you're not going to be living here anymore. It's going to be weird down here without you.

 

So, did you end up going with the same venue Alderaan used?

Bahama: Yup. But we'd better get down there; we still have some set-up to do... 
 

 Hey, you finally ditched the pigtails!

Bermuda: Yeah, they didn't feel right for a wedding.

Aruba: It looks nice...maybe I should try letting mine down one of these days.

Just don't do it around Jamaica...that's the only way I can tell the two of you apart.
 

 Alderaan: You look so great!

Bahama: Thanks...so do you...isn't that the same dress you wore at your wedding?

Yeah, that's kind of my fault. I really need to remember to start changing everybody's formal outfits back after they get married.
 

All right, time to get this show on the road...
 


 


 


 

And I guess we'd better make this a double celebration so we don't miss it. Happy birthday, dear Haiti...
 

Aww, she takes after her mom...
 

But wow, do you need a new outfit...

Haiti: (sigh) Now?

Yes, now...

Haiti: Why?
 

Because now it's gratuitous family photo time, that's why...
 

And I guess the "little cousins" aren't so little anymore...
 

 All right, well, as much fun as this wedding has been, it looks like it's just about time for me to go...
 

After helping the newlyweds move, of course. The rest of you, I'll see you next round! 
 

A Message From the Mysterious Voice: I feel like I'm loving the Parenthood pack more and more with each lot I visit. The school projects were so cute, even if Bahama's mood swing did mean that she yelled at her dad the entire time he was helping her. And yeah, it was kind of awkward having Haiti's birthday in the middle of her sister's wedding, but there was only one more day left in the week and there just wasn't time for two parties. 


No comments:

Post a Comment