Friday, June 2, 2017

Palmer 4: Round 15



Next up on our list of new houses is the home of Buzz and Susanna. Buzz is the only boy in a set of triplets, and rolled the "city native" aspiration. Luckily, his high school girlfriend Susanna also had ambitions to move to the city, meaning these guys have become the first to set up residence in San Myshuno.


Hi, Buzz!

Buzz: Oh, hey...

I like the new apartment...

Buzz: Thanks. I can't believe we're able to afford someplace this nice right away...I keep thinking that there's got to be something wrong with it, but we haven't found it yet.


Oh, there's Susanna...so, is there a wedding in the works for you two?

Susanna: Yeah, eventually...

Buzz: We kind of wanted to get settled first, you know?

Susanna: But...that doesn't mean we can't practice...


Ok, ok...just give me a minute to get out of the room.


Although for once I actually have quite a nice view to look at when I do...

Buzz: I know, right? Isn't it amazing? I mean, look at everything that's going on down there...

Not just down there...I think I hear something going on in your hallway.


Buzz: Oh...um...hi....

Neighbor #1: We just wanted to drop in to welcome you to the building...

Neighbor #2: Yeah, you're going to love it here. We're just like one big family, you know?

Um...I think Buzz moved to the city to get away from one big family...


Speaking of...

Nemo: So, how you liking it so far? Doesn't seem that different from a house, if you ask me...except for the elevator.

Buzz: Yeah, it's pretty much the same...except for the neighbors. I think I've heard the doorbell ring more here than I ever did back home.

Nemo: Well it's nice that they're friendly.

Buzz: I guess...


And it looks like that "one big family" is about to get a little bigger.


Susana: Honey...we need to talk...

Buzz: What's up?

Susana: I think we need to start setting some boundaries with the neighbors...one of them tried to reach out and touch my stomach in the elevator and I hadn't even told her I was pregnant!

Buzz: I'm sorry, honey...

Susana: What is wrong with these people? Is this just normal for apartment buildings or something?

Buzz: I don't know. I don't think so...but it's my first time in one.

Susana: (sigh) Let's just go to bed. We can talk about it in the morning.

Buzz: Ok...I'm just going to go take a shower first.


Buzz: ...Can I help you?

Billie: Yeah, you can keep down the racket!

Buzz: Racket?

Billie: Yeah...you know, you're not exactly the world's best singer! Not everyone wants to hear you through their walls!


Looks like you guys had a rough night.

Buzz: You can say that again.

Susana: We both woke up with this itchy rash...you don't think it's this building, do you?

Buzz: I don't think so...the rest of the "family" seems ok.

Susana: Speaking of family...I was thinking, why don't you invite your sisters out for the afternoon? Who knows, maybe if you get out of the building for awhile things will seem better.

Buzz: Huh...you know, maybe you're right.

Susana: Besides, it'll give me a chance to catch up on some sleep.

Buzz: Yeah...you'd think if they were going to come and yell at us they'd at least be quiet themselves...


So where are you guys headed to?

Buzz: I figured I'd take them to the karaoke lounge uptown...

Uptown? Fancy.

Buzz: Well, you know...nothing's too good for my sisters.

This wouldn't have anything to do with wanting to impress them, would it?

Buzz: Maybe that too.


Buzz: Yeah, so...I'm here pretty much every night. Living in the city is great...

Eve: Wow...

Buzz: And tonight's the humor and hijinks festival...you guys should stick around.

Merida: Um...we kind of have to get back home to the boys...maybe next time, when they're a bit older.

Buzz: Oh, right...


Um, Buzz? I think the festival is supposed to light the fireworks...

Buzz: What? They wouldn't sell these things if they didn't want us to light them off.


Susana: So today, I had to listen to a 15 minute discussion on how the elevator used to be carpeted inside, but now it's not...oh, and she tried to guess my due date by how big I am.

Man, you guys have some real winners in this building.

Susana: I don't know how much longer I can take this, Buzz...

Buzz: I know...but what are we going to do? It's not like there's any apartments around without neighbors.

Susana: Actually...I've been doing some research. You know the building across the street?

Buzz: Yeah...

Susana: Evidently the rooftop lot is for sale. Like, sale sale, not rent.

Buzz: A penthouse? Susana...

Susana: I know we can't afford it yet, but...it's something to think about.

Buzz: Huh...maybe...oh, no, why do I hear knocking?



Bakko: Hey there...my name's Bakko. I live next door...

Buzz: ...yeah....I know.

Bakko: Listen, I want to apologize for my daughter the other night. She gets a little riled up when she's got a big test or something at school...


Bakko: You don't mind if I come in, do you? That's kind of the vibe of this building, you know? Great little community we've got here...

Buzz: Actually...

Bakko: Great! Hey, what smells so good?


Buzz: So yeah, I think moving into that penthouse needs to be our goal.

Susana: Well we're never going to get there if these people keep eating us out of house and home! That guy at 3 servings and we didn't even invite him in...

(knocking)

Susana: Not again...

Buzz: I'll go...


Buzz: Hey, listen, we were just about to sit down to dinner...

Anaya: Oh, perfect! I just wanted to come up and see if you wanted to come with me and Bakko...oh, I'm Anaya, by the way. Bakko's wife. He came home raving about your cooking the other night, and I wanted to see if maybe you wanted to join us on a little food cart crawl?

Buzz: Er, um...listen, the thing is....

Susana: Buzz! It's time!


You know, I'm sure Buzz would love to stay and chat but we've got to get to the hospital. See you later, Anaya!


Buzz: Thank you for getting me out of that!

Susana: Ha...it's not like I planned it, silly.

Buzz: Are you sure? Because that was some amazing timing. Come on, let's get you inside...


Doctor: All right, now just relax...


It's a boy! Welcome Houston!


And I guess he got his grandpa's genes.

Susana: I just hope I can get him back into the building without getting mobbed...


Buzz: So he's all settled in?

Susana: Yup. I think I managed to sneak him in without anyone noticing...wait, why do I hear music? Did you leave the stereo on?

Buzz: I guess I could have...we rushed out kind of fast...


Susana: Bakko...what are you doing here?

Bakko: Dancing!

Susana: Yes, I can see that, but...who let you in?


What? Yeah, I'm kind of on board with the whole penthouse thing.


Don't tell me...the neighbors?

Susana: If those people don't turn that music down...I swear, they're keeping me up more than the baby!


Susana: So, I think I finally found a publishing deal...

Buzz: Publishing? You're taking up writing?

Susana: I've been practicing for awhile. But I figured if we're going to get out of this building we both need to help out. I figure if I waited until I was a bit better, I'd start earning bigger royalties. And the more royalties, the sooner we're away from them.


Well, at least you can get some revenge by having them listen to a toddler through the walls.


Happy birthday, dear Houston...


Man, that one's showing up everywhere.


And he's pretty cute...although I think he needs a haircut.


Buzz: Oh, what is that...oh, no...Um, Houston? Why don't we put on some music and dance for awhile?

What?

Buzz: (whispers) I think Bakko and Anaya are...um...enjoying each other's company next door...

Oh, great...

Buzz: Even when they're in their own apartment they're obnoxious...


...Yup, like clockwork...although I see Houston has chosen to work in chocolate syrup rather than paint.


Buzz: Houston, don't do that...

Are you really that concerned about this apartment?

Buzz: I'm concerned we're never going to get our deposit back on this place.


Buzz: And they all lived happily ever after. The end. Alright, buddy, it's time to go to sleep...

Houston: Too loud!

Buzz: (sigh) I know, buddy. But could you just try? We've got a big day tomorrow.

Big day?

Buzz: Yup, something we've been putting off for awhile...


Ah, I see...the wedding day at last.

Madison: How is it? Are you getting enough to eat? Are there mice? I heard in some apartments there were mice...

Buzz: Mom, we're fine...I promise...


Alright, let's get this show on the road...











Hermes: Hey, Houston...wanna see how loud I can burp?

Buzz: Hermes, don't teach him that...actually, you know what? Go ahead. I think our neighbors might need a new soundtrack...

Well as much as I'd like to stay and watch Houston wreak havoc on the building, it's time for me to be on my way. See you next round, everyone!


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: So, I assumed that having these guys live in an apartment would be just like having them live in a smaller house...boy, was I wrong. They actually live in a pretty nice apartment in the "arts quarter", so they didn't have to deal with earthquakes or mice or anything. But those neighbors...it seemed like every couple of hours one was asking to be fed, asking to hang out, letting themselves in...and then the noises at night! Poor Houston woke up more from the neighbors than from nightmares. Needless to say moving into a penthouse just became these guy's goal. (I don't want to have them move out of the city completely, but hopefully a penthouse would provide a bit more privacy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment