Thursday, June 1, 2017

Lytle 2: Round 15





Last round, Moss and Marylin settled into their new home. Moss entered the culinary career with hopes of becoming a mixologist, while Marylin opted to take the freelance route to becoming a writer. Marylin quickly found herself pregnant, and gave birth to a daughter, Sprite. By the end of the week, Sprite was just big enough to attend her parent's wedding as Moss and Marylin finally tied the knot.


And it looks like we're starting this week off with a trip to the flea market.


So, I have to hand it to you guys...

Forest: Huh?

Moss: For what?

For ordering that well for your mom.

Forest: Oh...that...

Moss: You know, maybe I should think about ordering one for our house...

Forest: Dude, that thing was like $8,000...

Moss: I know, but...maybe it'd be a good investment, you know?

Maybe it's a good thing that you guys are shopping at a flea market...


Marylin: Come on, sweetie. Let's go see if we can find some new stuff for the living room.

I take it your house is still more space than stuff?

Marylin: Yes, for now. But my writing's really starting to pull in some royalties...I think I've even started pulling in more than Adrianna...

How would you know that?

Marylin: Oh, I have my ways...


Marylin: What do you think, huh? Do any of these look good to you?

Sprite: That one, Mama!

Are you really letting the toddler choose the furniture?

Marylin: Well, it's not like I'm an interior designer or anything. Besides, she actually has pretty good taste.


Marylin: Ok, sweetie...enough stories. Time for bed.

Sprite: Why?

Marylin: Because you need your sleep.

Sprite: Mama need sleep too?

Marylin: Yes..


Although this seems to be a pretty loose definition of sleep...


Yeah, I didn't expect Sprite to be an only child for long.


Marylin: Can you believe it? Two kids!

Moss: Yeah...two kids...wow...

Marylin: Aren't you happy?

Moss: Yeah, of course...it's just...seems like that was really fast.

Now you know how your dad felt.


Marylin: Well, what do you think?

Sprite: Yummy!

What is that?

Marylin: Minestrone soup...

Shouldn't she be using some sort of utensil for that?

Marylin: Oh, it's fine. Besides, it's a good way of getting vegetables into her. I don't want her growing up just eating yogurt and chicken nuggets like some kids around here...


Moss: You gave a toddler soup?

Marylin: Yeah, why not? You said you wanted her to eat more vegetables...

Moss: But...she could have burned herself!

Marylin: Moss, the soup was barely lukewarm when I gave it to her.

Moss: Well, still...


Moss: Careful, honey...don't get the bubbles in your eyes...

So, I've noticed you've become quite safety conscious...

Moss: I guess...

Would that have anything to do with what happened to your brother?

Moss: Of course! I mean...if you can die of laughter, of all things...who knows what else is out there?  Everything is just scarier now that I have a kid.


Make that two kids.


Let's hope everything's still functional at the hospital. Fingers crossed, everyone.


Receptionist: Hello...can I help you?

Seriously? There's only one reason people come to this hospital...you really should have caught onto this by now.


Doctor: Alright...just relax and it will be over before you know it...


It's another girl! Welcome, Snapple!


And she looks just like you...

Marylin: You think so? It's kind of hard to tell. Plus, Sprite looked nothing like me as a baby but look at her now.


Sprite: Baby!

Yeah, that's your new sister...you want to see?

Sprite: Yeah!


Good, me too. And she really does look just like Marylin.


So? How does it feel to be a father of two?

Moss: It's crazy. I was still getting used to being a father at all.

How's Sprite been doing with the new baby?

Moss: Fine, I guess. She mostly leaves the baby alone. She likes to be around the grown-ups more.


I see.

Marylin: You want Mommy to read that to you?

Sprite: No! I can do it.

Marylin: You can read it yourself? You must be pretty smart.

I think she's just looking at the pictures, Marylin.

Marylin: You don't know that!


And it looks like Moss finally worked his way up to mixologist.


Nice going, Moss...

Moss: Thanks.


And the excitement isn't over yet!


Happy birthday, dear Snapple...


Phew! These guys have lucked out with the toddler traits.


And I guess whatever vision issues Marylin has really run in the family...


Something tells me Sprite isn't quite so excited to have a little sister anymore.


Marylin: Careful, honey. Don't wear yourself out before the party even starts!

What party?


Oh, I see...luckily the double toddlers didn't last too long, huh?

Marylin: You're telling me!


So where does one have a birthday party for a toddler?

Marylin: We're having it here. I think Moss's family is still a bit wary of other places.

Well, can you blame them? I mean, their last one didn't exactly go so well.

Marylin: I guess you're right...but what are we supposed to do? Never have a party outside of our house again?

I'm sure once some time has passed it will get easier.

Marylin: I hope so.


Moss: You ready for your birthday, big girl?

Sprite: Yes!

Moss: How big are you going to get?

Sprite: This big!


Nimbus: Hey, how are my two favorite granddaughters?

They're your only granddaughters, Nimbus. For now, at least.

Nimbus: Oh, right...


Sprite: Higher! Higher!

Hunter: I guess I better do this while I can...you'll be too big for it pretty soon.


Happy birthday, dear Sprite...


Wow, an aspiration and a trait that actually go together...


And she's actually really pretty.

Sprite: Um...thanks?


Sprite: Uncle Hunter? Have you really been dead?

Sprite, I'm not sure that's the best topic for a birthday party.

Sprite: But how many other people have actually been dead? That's so cool!

Um...you know, I think I'll go check on Snapple for a bit.


Emerald: Hey, Snapple...what do you have there?

Snapple: Monster!

Emerald: You mind if your aunt Emerald hangs out in here with you for awhile?

Party getting to be to much for you?

Emerald: Yeah...you could say that.

Well, you're not alone. I think it's just about time for me to be on my way too. I'll see you guys next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Nothing too eventful for these guys. This is actually the last lot I played before the parenthood pack, so you'll start seeing those elements going forward. I know that glasses in TS4 aren't actually genetic, but I love that both Sprite and Snapple aged up wearing them. (And yes, I will put Sprite's back on.) I actually kind of liked having the birthday party at their house; it was nice having all the Lytles in one place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment