Friday, June 2, 2017

Palmer 5: Round 15



Moving on through the new households, we reach yet another branch of the Palmer family. This one belongs to Daisy and Lucas. Daisy is the eldest child of Silas and Azalea, and Lucas is her childhood friend turned husband.


Daisy: Can you believe it? We're finally all moved in!

Lucas: I know, it's...wait, what was that?

Sounds like the welcome wagon has arrived.

Daisy: Welcome wagon?


Alderaan: Hi, we just wanted to welcome you guys to the neighborhood...

Lucas: Um...ok, but...you guys are all new to the neighborhood too...we all graduated together.

Planet: Yeah, we know. But we still wanted to drop by and say hi.

Lucas: Great...


Daisy: Are they gone?

Lucas: Yes, finally. I thought they'd never leave.

Daisy: Hey, I had a thought...you know, my arms are pretty sore from moving...maybe we could spend the afternoon at the spa?

How are your arms sore? You carried like three books and 5 photographs in here...


Daisy: Give me your most relaxing massage...my husband and I just finished moving into our new house.

Massage Therapist: Oh, new husband...I'll give you a massage perfect for new couple... 


Daisy: Wow, this feels great...what kind of massage is this, exactly?

Massage Therapist: A traditional fertility massage from...

Daisy: Wait, what?


Lucas: She gave you a what?

Daisy: A fertility massage. I wouldn't worry that much, though. I'm sure it's just a superstition they tell people so they can charge them more money.


I guess there's only one way to find out, huh?


I guess it must have worked a little...although, conception doesn't seem to be that hard around here.


Daisy: Well, that massage seems to have done the trick, huh?

Lucas: Um...are you sure that's what it meant?

Daisy: Of course that's what it meant. It's a fertility massage...what else could it have been for?


What the...you again...


Listen, honey, I don't know if this flies in vampire culture, but here this is considered very rude...


Well, at least now we know all Lucas will have to deal with is a sore neck...


Oh, no...don't tell me you're starting your own orchard.

Daisy: No...I just took a few dragonfruits with me when I moved out. I figured I'd plant them and they'd be a nice extra income. But it's just this one planter, I promise.

Well, ok, but be careful...that's how it started with your grandma.


Oh, right...Lucas is a musician. Nice job.

Lucas: Thanks...


Daisy: Um, Lucas? Honey? You think you could keep it down for awhile?

Lucas: Sure, I guess...you feeling ok?

Daisy: Yeah...I think so. I just have a bit of a headache. This whole pregnancy thing is harder than it looks.


Daisy: Can you believe it? I never expected to get this big...

Lucas: I can't wait to meet you...


Well, it looks like you won't have to wait much longer, Lucas...


Um, this is the part where we normally go to the hospital?

Daisy: I think I'd rather stay home...


Lucas: Are you sure? I mean, it's our first baby. What if something goes wrong?

Daisy: I'm sure. Besides, what could go wrong?

Yeah, actually you do stand a better chance of something going wrong at the hospital than here.


Daisy: I think this is it!


It's a boy! Welcome, Mark!


And I guess that fertility massage wasn't just superstition after all. Welcome, Harrison!


Daisy: I have two?

Yup. And two boys at that. Good luck...


Lucas: I just...I can't believe it! I love you so much, sweetheart...

Daisy: I know...I love you too...and you know, they're probably going to sleep for at least a couple hours...


Really? I find it hard to believe you two have the energy for this right now.


...Well that didn't take long.


Lucas: ...We're going to have a baby?

Daisy: Yes...

Lucas: But...we already have two babies...so, we'll have three babies?

Great assessment of the situation there, Lucas...


Lucas: Come on, Mark...just drink...

So how's it going?

Lucas: Um...ok. I mean, they're both still here so, there's that.


You know, the violin isn't the most typical lullaby instrument.

Lucas: I know...I don't think they appreciate it very much.


At least the practice is helping you at work.

Lucas: Yeah, at least there's that.


Maybe they'll appreciate it more as toddlers.


Alright, I guess we're doing Harrison first...


And independent seems to be the toddler trait of the round...


Um...not crazy about the hat...


Ok, now it's Mark's turn.


And once again, the exact opposite...


And at least he just needs a new outfit.


Aww...


And here we go...at least that rug will hide a lot of color.


As will the yard.


Lucas: Hey, that's not cool, buddy. No making a mess with the paint...


Lucas: Mark, come on...I just told you guys no dumping paint on the ground!


Lucas: Hey! What did I just tell you both? Put the paint away....

Daisy: Lucas? 


Daisy: Lucas, what's with the yelling?

Lucas: I...I don't know. I just...oh, no...

Daisy: What?

Lucas: I sounded just like...him, didn't I?

Daisy: Like Bjorn? Did he used to yell at you like that?

Lucas: Uh-huh. Only, it was before the whole toddler thing so I was a bit older...but, yeah, anything I did wrong...he yelled at me about the VoidCritters, you know.

Daisy: Oh, Lucas...

Lucas: Daisy, I want you to promise me something. If you ever see me start to do that again, stop me.

Daisy: All right. I promise. But, you need to promise me something too.

Lucas: What?

Daisy: If I ever don't stop you, you need to apologize to them afterward.

Lucas: You're right.


Lucas: I'm sorry I yelled at you, buddy. I didn't mean to get so angry...how about a story before bed, huh?

Mark: Ok, Daddy...


Well, this would normally be where I moved on, but I guess I'll stick around for a few more hours to see the baby come.


I see we opted for the hospital this time...

Daisy: Yeah, I just want this over with as quickly as possible.


Doctor: Alright...get ready...


It's a girl! Welcome, Carrie!


All right, now I really have to be on my way. Good luck introducing the boys to their new sister. I'll see you guys next round!


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: I love this house so much already. I initially wanted to try and  make Daisy have triplets (hence the fertility massage), because it would work with their naming theme, but twin boys and a single girl works too. And this house is one of the only ones where the parents' names actually go with the theme as well as the kids. And trust me, we'll get more into Lucas's backstory with Bjorn in future rounds; they twins aged up on the last day of their week so there wasn't a lot of time to have him actually parent them.



1 comment:

  1. That naming theme did work out perfectly. This will be a fun family. :)

    ReplyDelete