Monday, June 5, 2017

Bernard 5: Round 15



And at long last, we've reached the last house in round 15! This one belongs to Alderaan Bernard and Thunder Flenderson. 


Hi, guys!

Thunder: Oh, hey mysterious voice. We thought you'd never get here.

I know, I know...how are you guys settling in since the wedding?

Alderaan: Ok, I guess...I just landed a job.

Really?


Not too surprising given your violin skill.


Thunder: I don't know what you're so worried about...being an entertainer is a great career choice.

Alderaan: Well, yeah, eventually. But I wish I had learned to paint or write or something...something that could actually help out.

Thunder: Alderaan, it's ok. We'll be fine...come on, I have an idea of how to help you relax.


Not exactly what I would think of as relaxing, but whatever...


You feeling ok?

Alderaan: I think so...


Well, that'll make for an interesting first day at work.


Glad to see the morning sickness didn't get too much in the way.

Alderaan: Yeah, but I'm starving now. I think I'm going to go make myself some dinner.


Alderaan: Oh, no...FIRE!!!


Thunder: It's ok, I got it...


Alderaan: How did you stay so calm?

Thunder: Did I ever tell you about my grandfather?

Oh, yeah, the transform ray...you must have learned a lot about fires.

Thunder: Yeah, I didn't see a lot of them, but I saw enough...

Alderaan: I'm sorry, I should have been watching the stove.

Thunder: It's ok...it happens. At least you weren't trying to transform it into a statue or something. 


Congratulations, Thunder...



Oh, right. I forgot about your...interesting uniform.

Thunder: I don't think I've ever been so happy to get promoted.


And I guess the excitement from the fire must have gotten to Alderaan. Let's head to the hospital!


Alderaan: Thanks for coming, Mom...I didn't want to have Thunder leave work right after he got promoted.

Aruba: I'm just glad I could be here...I can't believe it, my first grandchild!


Doctor: All right...now just relax...


It's a boy! Welcome, Chimney!


And he definitely takes after his father!


So I see you've met your son.

Thunder: Yeah...I wish I could have been there.

I think it's just as well. There's not really much you could have done.

Thunder: I guess...but I still want to do something for Alderaan to make up for it.


Thunder: So, I was thinking...it's been awhile since we went on a date.

Alderaan: A date? Aren't we a little beyond that now?

Not really. Married couples go out for date night all the time...I mean, not here but...

Alderaan: But what about the baby?

Thunder: We can hire a sitter for one night. Come on, let's head into the city. We can check out that bar in the fashion district.

Alderaan: Well...ok...I guess. I could use a break from the baby.


And it looks like we came on a good night.


Thunder: So, are you going to try?

Alderaan: Try what?

Thunder: The karaoke contest.

Alderaan: What? No way...

Thunder: Come on, you're a great singer! I've heard you singing to Chimney...besides, there's almost no one else here.

Alderaan: Well, maybe...but I don't think I'm going to win...


Hey, she is getting pretty good.


Thunder: Isn't she doing amazing?

Yeah, she is...


Thunder: You did great! See, I told you!

Alderaan: I can't believe I did that! You know, I actually think I could win...



Well, almost. I'm really starting to not like that Jang family, though.


Bar Patron: You should've won, honey...

Alderaan: Um...thanks?

Bar Patron: You know, that lady that won is up to no good...

Oh, come on. She may be a bit annoying, but...


...she's also apparently friends with Death?

Bar Patron: See? Up to no good, I tell you.

(sigh) Someone will have to remind me to let Buzz and Susanna know about this when I get back to their house.


I guess the night out did you some good, huh?

Thunder: Yeah...Alderaan too.

Really?


I guess so!


Nice going, Alderaan.

Alderaan: Thanks. This was better than winning the karaoke contest anyway.

You know, it happens 3 times a week. You can always try again.

Alderaan: I don't know, maybe...


I guess we've got bigger things to take care of right now anyway.


Happy birthday, dear Chimney...


Another independent toddler? I swear I'm actually rolling this...


And he looks more like you than ever! 

Thunder: He sure does!

Well, I'd love to stick around, but it's just about time for me to be moving on. I'll see you guys next round!




A Message From the Mysterious Voice: And that's it for round 15! I think Alderaan might be one of my favorite Sims. I really did start having her build her singing skill, and I was genuinely disappointed when she didn't win the karaoke contest. (And yes, Grimmy really did just show up at the bar. I guess he really likes bars in San Myshuno.) Stand by for the scorecard...

No comments:

Post a Comment