Saturday, July 25, 2015

Bernard 1: Round 6


Last round, Matthew and Erin Bernard's only son, Trinidad, graduated from high school and wasted no time in beginning his search for his soulmate. He quickly began a relationship with Darlene Bloom, and by the end of the week she had moved in and engaged to marry Trinidad. And it appears that in my absence, they've added a couple of new members to the family as well....


(clears throat)

Darlene: Hi mysterious voice!

Don't you "Hi mysterious voice" me. We've talked about this!

Darline: Talked about what?

When you guys get pregnant, you need to wait for me to come back to your house before you have the kid!

Darlene: Um...why is that, again?

Because...because I'm the disembodied neighborhood narrator, and I need to be present when new people are brought into the town.

Darlene: (sigh) Would you like to meet them?

I guess...so, they're both girls?

Darlene: Yes. That's Jamaica in the blue bassinet, and this is Aruba in the yellow one.


At least you kept up with the house's naming theme.

Darlene: Yeah, it seemed a bit strange to me but then again I didn't grow up here.


Aww, even Great Grandpa Roger is getting in on the baby care.


Oh, that's right...Trinidad and Darlene aren't married yet.


Trinidad: Who are all these people?

Darlene: They're my friends from the science lab. 

Trinidad: Science lab? You work at the science lab? That's so cool!

Shouldn't you guys have had this conversation before the wedding day?





Erin: I can't believe my son is getting married...

He already has two kids of his own, you know...the marriage shouldn't really be that big of a deal at this point.








Looks like we're following Darlene to work today...


So what do you do around the lab?

Darlene: Oh, just basic grunt work. I analyze random samples, tinker around on the chemistry stations...I think I'm really close to a breakthrough, though.


Nice job, Erin!


You too, Darlene. I guess you had that breakthrough?

Darlene: Yes!


Trinidad: I'm so proud of you!

So...what career are you going to get into, Trinidad?

Trinidad: Actually, my woodworking is bringing in a pretty good amount. I may just stay home with the twins and work on it.


But your fleet of ghost babysitters seem to be doing a great job...




Ok, now it's time to really meet the twins...


Happy birthday, dear Jamaica...



Not bad...


Well, it's not as odd as a bookworm social butterfly...


Happy birthday dear Aruba...


Also not bad...



Wow, a neat child! Don't see that every day.


Like your new big girl room?

Aruba: Yes...but you messed up our names.

Oops, so I did. Aruba has the single braid, Jamaica has two.


So what are you inventing today?

Darlene: I don't know, something my boss came up with. He gave me the diagrams.


Well, whatever it was you must have done a good job.


Jamaica: Grandpa, why do you wear that funny outfit?

Matthew: These are my work clothes.

Jamaica: But you're not at work now.

Matthew: Why don't you just finish your homework?


Jamaica: Daddy, can I have a violin?

Trinidad: Sure, honey...

Aruba: Oh, great...now I'm going to have to listen to it all night...


Wow, Jamaica...you're...not that bad...

Jamaica: I'm not very good yet, but I'm going to get better! You'll see.


Aruba: Dad, what is Mom doing right now at work?

Trinidad: Well, maybe she's working on a big rocket that will take her way into outer space...

Aruba: No, Dad. That's an astronaut...Mom's not an astronaut...


Looks like Erin's been keeping busy this week. Congrats again, Erin...


What the...


Oops, I guess I missed these guys' birthday warning.





Sorry about missing your birthdays, guys.

Erin: Oh, it's alright. We eat way to much cake around here anyway.

Well, I've got to be on my way. I'll see you guys next round...and no more surprises, ok?



A Message from the Mysterious Voice: This should be the last "surprise" baby lot, as I've now figured out that you need to enable script mods before they will work. And no, the game did not assign the twins the names Aruba and Jamaica-I installed a mod that allowed me to change the names of babies. Having Trinidad as a stay at home parent is actually kind of nice; he's really close with the girls now. And woodworking does bring in a good amount of money once Sims get good at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment