Sunday, July 26, 2015

Palmer 2: Round 6


Last round, Addison and Ryan moved in together and were quickly married. Before the wedding was even over, Addison was also pregnant. This threw a wrench in the couple's plan to forgo traditional careers in favor of gardening and collecting, and Ryan ended up taking job at the science lab to support his new daughter, Azalea.


Azalea: Dad, I'm bored. There's nothing to do.

Ryan: What are you talking about?

Azalea: We don't even have a TV!

Ryan: Why don't you go play outside in the backyard?

Azalea: But we don't have a jungle gym...or even monkey bars.

Ryan: I'm sure you'll find something to do out there.


Azalea: I know there's something in there...hey, what's Mom doing?

What do you mean?


Addison! Get away from that!

Addison: Oh, you're over exaggerating. It's just a plant.

Azalea: Mom, can I play with it too?

Addison: Sure, honey!

No!


Azalea! Stay away from that thing!

Azalea: Why are you so scared of it? It's cute, and it plays with me!

That well may be, but it's still dangerous! Just look at its' teeth!

Azalea: Well, then what else is there to do?

Addison, could you please take Azalea somewhere?


Addison: Ok, Azalea. Let's go to the park.


Aww, you two are adorable...duly noted.

Azalea: Huh?

Never mind.


Azalea: Dad, can I invite my friends over to see the plant?

Ryan: Why?

Azalea: Because they don't believe me that it's real.

Ryan: Well...maybe. But let me go out and feed it first...


Ryan: Whoa! That thing just snapped at me!

See? I told you! It's dangerous!


You're taking up fishing now?

Addison: I have to fertilize these plants with something, now don't I?

True.


Congrats, Ryan. Sorry I haven't been following you to work this week.

Ryan: It's ok. I'd rather you stay here and keep an eye on that...thing in the yard.


Nice job, Azalea.

Azalea: Thanks!


Salmon: I think she's lying.

Azalea: I'm not lying. It's a huge plant that looks like a cow...and Dad has to feed it every day.

Rain: You're making that up. There's no such thing as plants you have to feed.

Azalea: Mysterious voice, tell them I'm not lying.

Well, let's just say you kids should stay out of Azalea's backyard, ok? Now' I've got to head back for Round 7. Just...stay away from the plant.


A Message from the Mysterious Voice: Not much to report here. I kind of wanted these two to have more children, but they just don't have the money to add onto their house. Hopefully Addison's garden will pick up next round. That wraps up round 6; stay tuned for the scorecard!

No comments:

Post a Comment