Thursday, July 23, 2015

Flenderson 2: Round 5


Last round, Jennifer and Noah added a set of twins, Cirrus and Nimbus, to their family to join their son Stratus. They were prepared to leave it at that, but then Noah saw a bright blue light in the sky. At the end of the week, the family had another surprise addition when Noah brought home a baby girl with a very odd skin tone.


Noah...we talked about this...

Noah: Just one more time...


Jennifer: Again?

Noah: I was trying to make you a new desk...

Jennifer: They have woodworking stations for that.


Cirrius: Dad, what's it like to go to space?

Noah: Um...what makes you ask that, son?

Cirrius: Well, you have been, right?

Noah: Oh, no....no...you're silly, Cirrius...


So how exactly do you explain giving birth to a blue baby as a man, then?

Noah: What are you talking about? Jennifer gave birth to Rain.

Um...no....

Noah: Jennifer. Gave. Birth. To. Rain.

Whatever you say...


Nimbus: I think this baby's broken.

Why?

Nimbus: Well, she won't stop crying. And she's blue.


So...how's "your" new daughter?

Jennifer: I know Noah wants everyone to pretend she's just another one of our kids, but...seriously? What's wrong with her?


Jennifer: So, we need to talk about Rain.

Noah: What about her?

Jennifer: Well, she's about to grow up. Do you really expect people to believe I gave birth to that?

Noah: Jennifer! She's our daughter....

Jennifer: I'm not saying I don't love her. But I don't think this story is going to work for very long.

Noah: Eh, we've got time...


Wrong...





Yeah, she's just like the other kids...





Rain: But Dad, shouldn't I go to school too?

Noah: No...not yet. I still have to figure out...um, I mean...you're still too young.


So, how do you plan to send Rain to school?

Noah: Oh, I have a plan. I've been doing some research.


Congratulations, Jennifer.

Jennifer: Thanks.


Let me guess...make up?

Rain: Dad said I should wear it, but it's hot and itchy.

Do me a favor. When you go to school tomorrow, try to make friends with Madison and Blair Palmer.

Rain: Why?

You'll see.


Noah: See? Now you look just like your brothers!

Rain: I guess...


Noah: Listen, I'm glad you guys are doing your homework but...why are you doing it in the bathroom?

Nimbus: I don't know...


How's that aspiration coming?

Stratus: Ok. I just have to practice a bit more.


Noah: Oh, hi Abbie.

Abbie: I heard you had a new addition.

Noah: Oh, not so new anymore. She's in school already.

Abbie: How's she...adjusting?

Noah: Adjusting to what?

Abbie: Noah...I saw the pictures of her as a baby on your phone....


Oh, too bad. Looks like we'll have to pick this conversation up later on.


Rain: Mysterious voice? What am I?

Well, that is certainly a heavy question for such a little girl. What do you mean?

Rain: Mommy hung our birth certificates on the wall...mine's so different and I don't know why.

Um...well...

Noah: Rain, honey? I've got a surprise for you!


Rain: Wow! Thanks Dad!

Noah: I figured you deserved a reward for wearing that makeup all day.



Oh, good. Maybe now he'll cool it with the transforming...





Cutting it kind of close, aren't you Stratus?

Stratus: At least I finished it!


Happy birthday, dear Stratus...


Looks like Stratus is taking after his grandmother.


Ok, well, on that note it's about time for me to move on. I'll see all of your next round!



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Another hidden alien kid. It's been challenging not to make Rain a repeat of Madison and Blair. Her dad working at the science lab adds some extra layers, I guess. Only one more lot left in round 5!


No comments:

Post a Comment