Thursday, July 23, 2015

Palmer 1: Round 5


Last round, the Palmer family adjusted to life with Finley's new twin girls, Madison and Blair, who appeared under mysterious circumstances. Despite a scary moment with the backyard campfire, Finley insisted on keeping his daughters disguised when they left the house. The family also struggled with the upkeep of their garden, left behind by Megan's daughter Addison.


Whoa! Reginald, why are you beating up the trash can?

Reginald: Because! When I moved in here with Emily, I thought the kid would be out of the house soon. But no...Finley had to go and have two more!


Madison: Dad? Can Blair and I go over to the river?

Finley: Sure, honey. Just stay in the neighborhood. And make sure you keep your makeup on.

Madison: Ok...


Looks like Blair's discovered her sister's old hiding spot...


Blair: Whoa!

What do you see?

Blair: I have to go get Madison...


Madison: This place is so cool!

Blair: I know, right?

Madison: Hey, you know what I just realized? Nobody can see us...we're in a tree. We can take our makeup off!



Blair: Wow! This is so cool!

Madison: I know! I wish we could go out like this all the time.

Blair: What do you think would happen if we did?

Madison: I don't know. Dad would get mad, I guess.


Nice job, Madison







And congrats on the promotion, Emily.

Emily: Yeah, whatever.

You don't seem too happy.

Emily: Why should I be? I'm at deaths' door and I've only become a line cook!


Finley: Goodnight, girls. I've got to go to work.

Madison: Why can't you go to work during the day?

Finley: Because the comedy club isn't open during the day.


Blair: Dad, where did we come from?

Finley: Um...well...outer space? I mean, a stork! 

Blair: An outer space stork?

Finley: ...Yup!

Man, you're going to have some explaining to do when she's older.


Glad to see you still working out here in the garden.

Megan: I kind of wish Addison had taken some of these plants with her....


Megan: Do you still love me?

Finley: Of course I do. Why wouldn't I...

Megan: Well, I'm so much older than you. I just thought that maybe...

Finley: I knew you were older than me when I married you.


Wait, what?


Well, it's better than the "painful back" pose...


Sorry about missing the birthday, Reginald.

Reginald: Ah, it's ok.





Man, is everybody aging up today?


Well, at least that should be it for the birthdays...


Uh-oh...


Come on, you couldn't have taken two more steps so you die on your lot?


Just a heads up, Grimmy...you might want to hang around. She's a twin, after all...


Yup, right on cue.


At least she's dying on the property...


Bye, Emily!

Finley: ...I'm a single father...can't say I expected that.


Finley: Ok, um...I have to go to work now. You two be good for Reginald, ok?

Madison: But Dad....

Finley: Madison, I don't have a choice. If I don't go to work, we don't eat.


Reginald: And another thing...stop playing that stupid violin. It sounds like a screaming cat. 

Blair: I thought you were going to help me with my homework.

Reginald: I am!

Um, Reginald? I think we might have different definitions of the word "helping".


At least something's going well for Madison...


...and for Blair too. I guess playing outside gets her away from Reginald.


Emily: Ugh...what did they do to my room?

Hey, at least you match the walls.

Emily: Yeah...because I'm embarrassed by this decor.


Blair: I don't care what he says, I'm going to keep practicing.

Good for you, Blair. 


Well, he doesn't get to work any earlier, but at least it's a start. And now it's time for me to be on my way. See you guys next round...



A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Well, this house got awkward fast. This is a classic example of why you shouldn't rush your Sims into relationships when playing a long-form challenge like this. I wasn't too thrilled with Finley or Reginald; they were simply the first single townies that appeared that Megan and Emily hit it off with. Now they and Finley's alien children are the ones carrying on the household, meaning that nobody in the house is biologically related to the original family. Reginald's "hates children" trait really comes out with the girls; it's really sad. If he wasn't such a good handyman, I would probably have moved him out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment