Saturday, July 25, 2015

Flenderson 2: Round 6


Last round, Noah and Jennifer adjusted to their 4th child, Rain, who was just a bit different than their three older sons, Stratus, Cirrus, and Nimbus. Noah continued to progress in the science career, while Jennifer moved up the ranks as an author. By the end of the week, eldest son Stratus had grown from a child to a teen.


And true to form, we start the week with a flaming object. Let me guess...the transform ray?

Noah: I really thought it was going to work!

Noah, it never works!


Rain: Hey! Stop it!

Stratus, stop teasing your sister. Shouldn't you be working on your cooking or something?


Stratus: Look! I learned to make scrambled eggs.

Wow...well, it's not on fire so you're already doing better than your dad.


You're starting a garden?

Noah: I'm on the biological research team at work now. I have to analyze plant samples a lot, and if I bring them with me, I don't have to spend half my day digging them up.


Rain: Achoo!

Uh-oh...you still don't sound so good.


Rain: Dad, I really don't feel good. Can I stay home?

I'm not sure you can do that...


Or apparently you can. 


Noah, however, is off to work.


And it looks like he has a new assignment.


Cirrius: You missed an awesome day at school!

Rain: Yeah? What happened?

Cirrius: We watched a movie about aliens.

Rain: Why would I want to watch that?

Cirrius: Because they're so cool! They suck people up into the sky...





Jennifer: Are you sure you don't want me to make you a cake?

Noah: No...I don't feel like celebrating. I can't believe they re-assigned my team...to the alien team of all things. I felt like everybody was staring at me all day. It's like they know...






Well, you wear adulthood well.

Noah: Thanks.


What is that?

Noah: It's my new team's project...I'm not sure what it's supposed to do.


Noah: Hmm...

You're not going into that thing, are you?

Noah: Are you nuts? I'm stared at enough around here. I'll wait until someone else tries it first.


You ditched the makeup too?

Rain: I think it's what's making me sick. I felt better once I had it off for a little while.

Did you tell your dad?

Rain: No...he really likes it better when I have it on.


Glad to see Jenifer is still plugging away at the writing....


And I guess the staring hasn't impacted Noah's job performance anyway.





Sorry we missed your birthday too, Jenifer.

Jenifer: That's ok.





Man, it's just birthdays all around this week.


Wait...you're not aging...

Stratus: No, but I'm the only one around here who knows how to bake a cake.


Jenifer: How are you feeling, honey?

Rain: Um...ok. 

Jenifer: Are you sure? You still seem kind of tired.

Rain: I'm fine. When do we get to have cake?

Jenifer: Ha...I guess you are ok.


Jenifer: I like your new uniform...

Noah: I don't...it stands out so much.

Jenifer: I don't know what you are so worried about. Nobody knows about Rain...

Noah: Shh! Not out here...someone might hear you.


Oops...I guess we missed the timing on that one too...





Sorry about missing the party, guys.

Nimbus: We still get to eat the cake, right?

Of course.

Nimbus: Than it's all good.

Now what aspirations would you two like?


Nimbus: I want to take over Dad's garden.

Ok, that could be helpful.


Cirrius: I want a huge house!

Ok, that's a new one.


Rain: Dad? Can I tell you something? It's about my make-up...

Noah: Hold on, honey...let's go inside....

Rain: But why?

Noah: Well...because it's getting dark. That's why.


And it looks like Nimbus is getting a good start on his aspiration...


Enjoying the jungle gym?

Rain: Yeah! This part shoots bubbles! Wait...what's that light up there?

What light?


Uh-oh...


Not again...


Rain: Mysterious voice...what happened to Dad?

Um...he went on a trip for work. He'll be back later.



Hey, guys...you didn't notice anything happen outside just now, did you?

Nimbus: Nope.

Cirrius: Why?

Never mind...


Jenifer: Hey, honey! You were out in the backyard for awhile. Everything ok with the garden?

Noah: Um...yeah, the backyard. Everything's fine. Everything's fine.


Well, this seems like an awkward place to leave off, but...leave I must. I'll see you guys next round...


A Message From the Mysterious Voice: Yup, Noah got abducted again. I actually don't know if he is pregnant again; he got abducted on the last day and if he was pregnant, he wasn't showing. I just find it odd that of the three abductions I've had, two have been poor Noah. (I guess doing all those alien-based assignments at the lab didn't hurt, either.) 



No comments:

Post a Comment